British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
PhilTheAce

1 league rule dropping

5 minutes ago, ouch said:

Firstly welcome, it’s great to have newbies coming into the sport. Before your time, earlier this year this deal was discussed on here. Many had the same opinion as now about losing protected race nights being a bad thing. It all came out when Dan tweeted about being denied his chance by the BSPL. At the time of the tweet we were the only team still to declare. 

Go back and check that discussion, you'll see I was one of the main contributors to what had actually happened, because I was in a position to give some facts. And if you think I'm a newbie to the sport and just watch from the side lines:rofl:

5 minutes ago, wtf said:

Go back and check that discussion, you'll see I was one of the main contributors to what had actually happened, because I was in a position to give some facts. And if you think I'm a newbie to the sport and just watch from the side lines:rofl:

My apologies. I thought we’d discussed this exact rule when it was first brokered earlier this year. I thought Dan had tweeted about being denied the chance to race in the UK. I thought the other teams had their squads sorted. 
Again, sorry for getting all that wrong. 
Enjoy your speedway. 

On 10/5/2022 at 2:38 PM, Col said:

I'm sure Sheffield & Ipswich are delighted.

Why shouldn't they be?  Neither team raced on even half of the Thursdays in the calendar ...

Edited by Roger Jacobs

5 hours ago, ouch said:

My apologies. I thought we’d discussed this exact rule when it was first brokered earlier this year. I thought Dan had tweeted about being denied the chance to race in the UK. I thought the other teams had their squads sorted. 
Again, sorry for getting all that wrong. 
Enjoy your speedway. 

The "deal" offered by the PZM was for the GB to give up all priorities ...

• Thanks 1