British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
SpeedwayFan91

Ipswich Witches vs Belle Vue Aces (new playoff semi 1st leg) 21/09/23

I will be disappointed if the Aces lose by more than 6 tonight.  I think Doyle missing offsets us missing Charles, and we usually ride Foxhall well, I expect Dan to step up with a big score tonight. 

Play off Harris worries me. He will love the conditions tonight and may not score as much as a fit Doyle but will score the same as a half fit Doyle. 

if we can keep it within 10 I’ll be happy 

12 minutes ago, SUPERACE said:

I will be disappointed if the Aces lose by more than 6 tonight.  I think Doyle missing offsets us missing Charles, and we usually ride Foxhall well, I expect Dan to step up with a big score tonight. 

I don’t think you’ll lose by more than 6, I never said that. I think you’ll lose but it will probably only be 47-43/46-44… but obviously I could also be wrong which is more than likely the case 

12 minutes ago, Phil The Ace said:

Play off Harris worries me. He will love the conditions tonight and may not score as much as a fit Doyle but will score the same as a half fit Doyle. 

if we can keep it within 10 I’ll be happy 

I think keeping it within 10 is a given, if you do lose it will only be by 2-4 points 

7 minutes ago, SpeedwayFan91 said:

I don’t think you’ll lose by more than 6, I never said that. I think you’ll lose but it will probably only be 47-43/46-44… but obviously I could also be wrong which is more than likely the case 

Fair enough, I'd be happy with any of the above.  Anything can happen in the play offs and past results mean nothing anyway.  After Charles injury I had Ipswich as clear favourites until Doyle got injured, now it's pretty even again I think.

• Like 1

I see we have moved Charles r/r to number 2 which is a smart move.  We did the same last year, give us more choices of who and when we use riders. 

30 minutes ago, SUPERACE said:

I see we have moved Charles r/r to number 2 which is a smart move.  We did the same last year, give us more choices of who and when we use riders. 

Lidsey will more than likely ride heat 8 which is always handy… Lemon may choose to use Lidsey in both heats 12 & 14 instead though but that’s less likely 

6 minutes ago, SpeedwayFan91 said:

Lidsey will more than likely ride heat 8 which is always handy… Lemon may choose to use Lidsey in both heats 12 & 14 instead though but that’s less likely 

Yep the move gives Lemon options with Lidsey which he wouldn't of had  if R/R was at 4.  Be interesting to see who he puts in heat 1, personally I'd go Blodhorn. 

Edited by SUPERACE

3 minutes ago, SUPERACE said:

Yep the move gives Lemon options with Lidsey which he wouldn't have had  if R/R was at 4.  Be interesting to see who he puts in heat 1, personally I'd go Blodhorn. 

Exactly, if RR was at 4 then Lidsey would have no choice but to ride 12 & 14… RR at 2 gives Lemon the option of using Lidsey in 8

Gotta feel for the Witches (or any team losing riders for the play offs) as besides someone like Lambert or Laguta there isn’t a like for like replacement.

Bomber sadly is a poor replacement even tho he will either be a match winner or score 3.

The Aces again have the luck with them as missing Wright probably strengthens them a little.

Still prefer to see 7 man teams tho. 

21 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

Gotta feel for the Witches (or any team losing riders for the play offs) as besides someone like Lambert or Laguta there isn’t a like for like replacement.

Bomber sadly is a poor replacement even tho he will either be a match winner or score 3.

The Aces again have the luck with them as missing Wright probably strengthens them a little.

Still prefer to see 7 man teams tho. 

Aces not having Wright doesn’t strengthen them at all, he rides Foxhall very well… he scored paid 9 and paid 10 in his 2 meetings at Foxhall this season 

• Like 1

I wonder why Witches didn’t use Rowe as guest rising star instead of Jack Smith? He’s in great form!… Unless he declined 

2 minutes ago, SpeedwayFan91 said:

I wonder why Witches didn’t use Rowe as guest rising star instead of Jack Smith? He’s in great form!… Unless he declined 

They can't use Rowe.

5 minutes ago, SpeedwayFan91 said:

Can’t use a rising star attached to a team