British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Vicar

Britannia Shield 1957 Birmingham - Oxford

Hello,

Does anyone knows was the results of match Birmingham - Oxford in Britannia Shield 1957? I only found info that it was abandoned after 2 heats with results 8-4. However in table I see both teams have all matches ridden. So what was the final score?

12 hours ago, Vicar said:

Does anyone knows was the results of match Birmingham - Oxford in Britannia Shield 1957? I only found info that it was abandoned after 2 heats with results 8-4. However in table I see both teams have all matches ridden. So what was the final score?

The match was not re-staged and in the final league table Birmingham and Oxford should be shown as only competing in 7 matches each - the match points were not awarded.

On 11/28/2023 at 10:38 AM, BL65 said:

The match was not re-staged and in the final league table Birmingham and Oxford should be shown as only competing in 7 matches each - the match points were not awarded.

Thank you again :) So looks like table in here is wrong: https://edinburghspeedway.blogspot.com/2013/05/britannia-shield-1957.html

The only way the table could be correct is if the match had been awarded to Oxford.

No, becasue if it would be awarded to Oxford, Oxford would have 5 wins

Edited by Vicar

On 11/28/2023 at 10:38 AM, BL65 said:

I don't want to spam with new thread. Britannia Shield match Belle Vue - Ipswich in 1958 was abandoned with the score 34:26. I believe result didn't stand and match was never restaged?

52 minutes ago, Vicar said:

I believe result didn't stand and match was never restaged?

That is correct.

On 12/5/2023 at 10:55 PM, BL65 said:

That is correct.

As always thank you for your help :)