-
Topics
-
Posts
-
By LisaColette · Posted
Not a foregone conclusion especially if the track is a bit wet. Scunny held on to a 4 point lead in 2023 in KOC final and track was damp. Track was wet when Redcar won in BSN trophy last season. I think a lot will depend on what the U21 riders in each team do. -
Think we can say that every year these days Thank F <insert current year here> is over
-
By TheScotsman · Posted
Whole meeting is pointless now. Season's over - just put all the names of riders who want to ride in it in a hat and draw out 2 teams. -
Back on the 30th of January, I posted on here about making the Eddie Wright Raceway my regular track after moving to Lincolnshire. I said back then “Regardless of where we finish in the league, I’m massively looking forward to the new season. Let’s get behind the lads and hopefully spring a surprise or two” after being written off. Well, look where we are tonight. Whatever happens at Wimborne Road in the second leg, Scunthorpe have had an absolutely brilliant season. Taking an eight-point lead into the Grand Final decider against a side like Poole is massive credit to every single rider, promoter, and volunteer at the club. Do I think they will pull it off tonight? Hand on heart, probably not. We all know how tough Wimborne Road is and how well Poole are around their own patch. In fact, it’s one of the biggest frustrations in British speedway for me right now: every year it feels like a foregone conclusion. You can pretty much pencil in the league winners before a wheel turns, and the entire championship boils down to “who earns the right to get beaten over two legs by Poole.” If the Pirates overturn the deficit and lift the trophy again, nobody will be shocked. But that shouldn't take an ounce of shine off what Scunny have achieved. I’ll be following tonight with everything crossed and if they do it, it’ll be one of the best nights in the club's history. But even if Poole do what Poole usually do, the Scorpions will still be winners having proved pretty much everyone wrong.
-
By szkocjasid · Posted
But isn't listed for the re-staging. I know it's just a challenge match, but if he's not coming because he can't be bothered should only be allowed a 3.00 NL rider imo
-