-
Posts
8,693 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
32
Everything posted by Grachan
-
Wolves v Sheffield 7th June 2021
Grachan replied to Beowulf's topic in SGB Premiership Speedway League
They need to focus on getting the score right. First we had 7-61 when it was 7-5. Now we have 14-14 when it is 14-10. -
Another great Second Division rider was Martin Yeates, who did pretty well in a British Final, which was unheard of for a second tier rider at the time.
-
That, presumably, would depend how it was done and who decided to do it. For example, if, say, Tommy Robinson decided to run a "Straight Pride" event, it would quite obviously be seen as provocative because it would be. If it was fully inclusive - as Gay Pride is - then it wouldn't be seen that way. I wouldn't mind betting, though, that if a "Straight Pride" event did take place it would be some form of far-right thing. Because nobody else really gives a toss.
-
You can't be considering getting rid of Crump, surely? How long is he out for? Crump is one of the few reasons for me to retain some form of interest in this year's league.
-
1 - So that's descrimination then. 2 - Where does it say that there's not allowed to be a straight pride?
-
Speedway could do with adopting any cause it possibly can, to be honest. Surely speedway needs to be trendy. People need to remember that it is only in my own lifetime that homosexuality has even become legal, so you must admit there is something of a legitimate cause here. The right for gay people to join the armed forces was only officially lifted as recently as 2016. Gay Pride may not be your sort of thing, but you have to acknowledge the reasoning behind it surely.
-
Totally agree. Points limits, averages, bonus points and so on are such a major part of the sport yet broadcasters brush it under the carpet as if it is some sort of embarassment. It was this aspect of the sport that attracted to me to it in the first place. Thinking it needs to be kept simple is a big mistake. Even if these things aren''t gone into in great detail they should at least get a mention.
-
I always found that at Coventry most fan interaction happened when riders went into the pits as they had to go along a stretch of the greyhound track. You'd see a lot of hand-slapping going on there between riders and fans and I was always a bit envious of that little stretch into the pits at Coventry.
-
Sheffield v Peterborough 20.05.21
Grachan replied to Cue Ball's topic in SGB Premiership Speedway League
Yeah. I was looking at today's forecast. Dur! -
Sheffield v Peterborough 20.05.21
Grachan replied to Cue Ball's topic in SGB Premiership Speedway League
BBC is showing no rain at all after 2pm. -
Out of interest, how many races were you expecting?
-
Whichever way you watch it you'll have to pay somewhere I guess. I watched on Eurosport player because otherwise I'd have to pay over 30 quid a month for Sky Sports as well.
-
You can watch the whole 3 hours on Eurosport player.
-
He didn't win though, which kind of messes up your theory a bit.
-
A big mistake that a lot of people in speedway make, in my opinion. It is such a major part of the sport, and one that has had many lengthy discussions on here. Trying to keep it simple is hiding something that would appeal to many people. Points limits and so on never even get a mention on tv.
-
Good coverage from Eurosport last night. Better than I was expecting. I was hoping, with the extra analysis time, that there would be more statistical talk on subjects such as averages and points limits, but these never seem to get a mention from whoever is covering the sport. They really should go more into this side of things. It's a nerd's paradise, but they always seem to shy away from it. Good to see the regular reports from King's Lynn too. I hope this type of thing will be a regular feature.
-
Belle Vue v Sheffield, Monday May 17th 7:30pm
Grachan replied to SUPERACE's topic in SGB Premiership Speedway League
I thought you couldn't do a tactical in heat 14. I guess that must have changed. -
Belle Vue v Sheffield, Monday May 17th 7:30pm
Grachan replied to SUPERACE's topic in SGB Premiership Speedway League
I guess it's about looking at who is in the team and thinking that they are worth watching. My expectations were lowered a few years back when Arena-Essex turned up at Swindon and I looked at their side and thought they looked extremely weak and unattractive. They then proceeded to win the match so I realised it must be all teams that are like that. -
Belle Vue v Sheffield, Monday May 17th 7:30pm
Grachan replied to SUPERACE's topic in SGB Premiership Speedway League
Probably the only two teams in the league that you can look at the line-ups and think that they see half-decent. -
More like, if you don't want to be covered in liquid waste and sewage don't jump into a cess pit.
-
I actually know someone who worked in an abbatoir and did become vegetarian as a result. That's why it always makes me laugh when people say they are against Halal meat because of animal welfare.
-
I just think Twitter is a farce. There is so much abuse on their, mostly posted by unidentifiable people, and this abuse then gets posted as a story in Daily Newspapers. (Fans unhappy about... etc) I'm pretty convinced that most if this stuff is posted by journalists with fake accounts so that they can then criticise people and report on it as if it is a balanced report with quotes when they are merely quoting themselves. As for a 4 day boycott by the sporting world, big deal. Nobody will even hardly notice. If people are genuinely fed up with the abuse they get on Social Media, the answer is simple. Don't go on it.
-
If I didn't know better I'd think you two separate posters are celebrating in another clubs problems.
-
I know. It's frustrating isn't it. I get BT sport and also watch the MotoGP and will watch the GP this year when it comes on. I do watch football, rugby and boxing, but it's only a passing interest and not one that would justify getting Bt Sport just for that, so the same would apply to Sky Sports so I've no interest in adding that just to get the Eurosport. I'm not sure yet if I'll get Eurosport player this year. Swindon aren't riding and Eurosport coverage tends to not be great (although that is based on watching it a few years ago so it might have improved). If I get it, I'll probably get a monthly subscription to the player and see how I get on, although I used to record it and skip quite a lot which won't be an option with that. If Eurosport have the GP next year then maybe I'm more likely to get it (although if it does what it's looking like it might do and becomes a Zmarzlik one-man show I might not bother!) On BT Sport I'd watch it always, but for me, personally, moving it to Eurosport is not a good thing.
-
You can get Eurosport on BT but need to get it as part of a package that includes Sky Sports and costs over £30. I think the best way if you don't want Sky Sports to get Eurosport player, which you can watch online, which is either 6.99 per month of 39.99 for a whole year, which works out at about 3.33 per month. But it depends how much you are going to watch. If you just want it for Speedway then it's May to September, so 5 months at 6.99 a month, then cancel, which comes to 34.95 (so not much different to an annual subscription). The bad thing is, you can't record it, although I think you can watch stuff on replay. The good thing is, if you go monthly you can cancel at anytime if the coverage is not good. Watch Eurosport Live on Eurosport Player - Eurosport