British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
morganbike

Buxton Open Assesment

Well done to all who attended todays session and it was great to put faces to names we have all read about over the last few months.This venture is very exciting for all and the turnout today was good.Thanks to Peter Oakes and Steve Piper for getting the day organised and to all the staff and helpers at Buxton for their help.My son Daniel thoroughly enjoyed it and is looking forward to meeting you all again.Lets hope all riders will be accomodated and fitted in appropriately to either the championship or league.Fingers crossed !

Phil Greenwood

There were 26 riders at Buxton today (not sure if that was all that are going to be in the league).

I agree with all you said Phil, it was a good day. All riders listened and did as asked. All that I spoke to were enjoying themselves and felt that they had improved as the day went on.

Apart from the very good ones (Auty, Taylor, Haines, Reynolds...) most of the others were of similar standard which will make for competitive racing when the league starts.

Only downside form my point of views was that Peter and Steve kept the list of riders & numbers when they were split into groups and I had to keep asking the lads which group they were in when trying to sort out the next race as well as manning the pit gate :) It didn't help when Peter told me the wrong numbers in Group A & B :)

Only downside form my point of views was that Peter and Steve kept the list of riders & numbers when they were split into groups and I had to keep asking the lads which group they were in when trying to sort out the next race as well as manning the pit gate It didn't help when Peter told me the wrong numbers in Group A

Totally agree Neil H. Future events could be better organised by asking for pre organised help from parents in the pit area which would be advantagious.Problems with the pits being so small at buxton were that riders crowded/blocked the gate and exiting the track was a problem.Giving each rider a number such as group A 1 to 12 and then say all odd numbers 1,3,5,7, out for heat 1 then 1,2,3,4 etc for next heat then 2,4,6,8. etc

At training/practice days which we pay for, the riders know that to get out a lot they have to keep their place in the queue so tend to bunch up a lot. There will always be the few who are over eager and jump the queue!.Group talks also were hard to hear with the background noise going on.Weather held off though could have been a lot worse on the hills of Derbyshire.

Phil

Actually Phil, there was a :) at the end of the piece so it wasn't meant as a criticism. Peter and Steve had more important things on their minds and left it to me to sort the riders out - thankfully, they all co-operated without any problems.

I am looking forward to this competition as it could be even better than the Under 15's Championship was last year. Almost everyone who watched the kids last year was impressed by just how good they were and how well they conducted themselves in a race situation.

Edited by Neil H

enjoyed myslef on tuesday and was good to race 3 other riders each race which were pretty much the same skill as myself even though i was in group C but is the best way to get better, thanks to peter and steve for doing a good job :)

me and kelly and sarah enjoyed tuesday!was good 2 c alot of youngsters gettin involved some good riding!

h xxxxx :D

i bet u did have fun lovelynutter looking at all them young lads lol

!LOL@ greg! :oops: :oops: :oops:

what u talkin about!LOL

no really was good 2 see alot of youngesters takin part!

h xxx

Hi guys sorry if it all seemed a bit hectic we never knew how many would turn up and were overwhelmed by the numbers and the standard and to be honest were working it out as we went. Many thanks for everyones co-operation. Hope you all had a good day

Thanks for all those who helped out and many thanks once again to Richard and Jayne for making us feel so welcome. Its always a pleasure to visit Buxton :approve: