British Speedway Forum

Does anyone know when this starts?

Not sure if I can just about make it. I will be in Cheshire on that day, so may be able to fit it in before going to a friend's 21st (even though it's actually on my birthday!)

:blink:

Errr! It actually says in the title of this the start time of 4pm! :wink:

IF Mark would have liked to ride he'd be the first rider on my list, the public love the bloke!

I agree with others, the British Under 21 champion ought to be in there, another little incentive for the riders who compete in the meeting ..........

So Kennett, Neath, Allen, Hurry, Ashworth and Gary Stead qualified

Richardson

Nicholls

Barker

Simon Stead

Screen

Norris

Howe

Harris

Smith

Lanham

Apart from Loram and Wilson who would you want there? Andre Compton? Danny King? Lawson? Wright? Bridger? Bird?

Wilko, Compton and D King were the next highest scorers from the qualifier.

Difficult one apart from Mark and Ben imo.

Surely the fairest way is to have two semis, the top 32 rider by current GSA HAVE to ride in the qualifiers. No "Let the kids have a go" and no "Your face does not fit", you HAVE to ride unless you're injured and if you're injured, you're in jured for the next week as well, unless you have missed the meeting before the semis and the final.

That way the top 32 riders get a chance, that should be enough for all British EL riders and down as far as the odd PL second string. If nesercary, have another meeting prior to the semis where the top 4 from that meeting go into the semis (2 into each) so that way you get the top 44 British riders (+2 reserves), I think that may be a little too much personally, do we really have 44 quality riders?

Any rider who refuses to ride in a round get a 4 week ban, just to stop all the messing about, with so amny slots being available, if the "youngsters2 are good enough they'll get a chance, there will be no need to artificially give them a chance.

Who has decided the line up for this meeting? We should be told. If it's down to one incompetent/bitter individual then I can understand it as we all make glaring errors for all sorts of reasons. However if it's down to the BSPA management then I would be staggered. One incompetent person yes, but a whole group of them? How unlucky is that?

I'm not that clever, but for what it's worth, if I was God, I would get the top 16 British riders to ride. The winner could claim to be the champion and I'd call it the Championship of Great Britain.

It sounds so simplistic, but I do realise how hard it must be to decide who those top 16 are. All that responsibility must weigh so heavily on one individual or his band of brothers.

I'm sure this idea will fall on deaf ears, but how about inviting the top 16 british riders based on their average scores so far this season? Controversial I know, but hear me out if you can be arsed.

The top 16 averageing British elite league riders will compete.. Oh hang on there isn't enough of them. All British elite league riders will compete along with the top averageing premier league riders up to the number 16.

What do you think? Am I an idiot?

Edited by Bailays Hat

Make 'em all qualify. Top 14 get seeded to the Semi's and no more. Uninterested Louis/Richardson getting eliminated at Buxton would be funny.

Edited by Col

Errr!  It actually says in the title of this the start time of 4pm!  :wink:

I'd only seen this thread in Last Post Info, so I didn't see. Ta.

For those of you that now have this weeks Speedway Star!

Hopefully you now understand my feelings on this! :mad:

Reading the Speedway Star makes me thnk it Mark Lorams own fault!! If he has made the decision not to sign a contract for 3 years, who's fault is it? He seems to think he's bigger than British speedway woth that attitude! News for him, he's not!

Good of him to acknowledge he is at least partically responsible!!!

Fail to see how anyone can call it the Championship of G.B when all the best G.B riders are NOT ALLOWED to ride in it .

A case for the trade description act to be viewed.

They are allowed. If you send your form off.

But, as I have stated on the other thread, it didn't stop them allowing Mark to ride for Team GB in the Test Match, the ELRC or naming him for the EL Pairs! and I am damn sure it will not stop them expecting Mark to ride for Team GB in the SWC!

I am sorry but I still feel that the BSPA need to get their house in order here, I know that many will say that I am only on this rant because it is Mark, but trust me I would be just as annoyed if it was any other rider! (well, OK any other rider except one!)

This form is NOT just for the Championship of Great Britain, yet that is the meeting that the BSPA have decided to clamp down on!

Mark was surely not stopped from participating in these events, as they are decided on averages.

As for the Team GB test match, this would surely have been down to Middlo's discression and NOT the bspa.

Mark was surely not stopped from participating in these events, as they are decided on averages.

As for the Team GB test match, this would surely have been down to Middlo's discression and NOT the bspa.

No, read the Speedway Star!

Rider Regulations Renewal, which states their willingness to honour all official British Speedway commitments.

These include Test Matches plus events such as the Elite League Riders Championship and the Championship of Great Britain, plus your club's league commitments.

So they are picking and choosing what they allow riders to participate in! Basically from what I read into this, he can ride for his clubs honour or his country's honour, but not for his own!

I've read it Tabby :rolleyes:

This is probably the only event the bspa controls without the use of averages or Middlo's choice. Hence the clampdown.