British Speedway Forum

And

I have to say,

And state with approval …  :approve:

That Hans enunciates his words beautifully and his command of the English language is remarkable   

In fact I would go as far to say that his enunciation and communication abilities exceed the majority of the Sky presenters.

He speaks with an almost neutral accent … without unnecessary inferred reference to his place of birth …

Unlike the Sky Boys, who accentuate every dropped consonant with undue fervour … for example …

Kelvin failed an attempt at enunciating “Vital”  and came out (or should I say kame owt) with something like …  “vi-ol” .. and he does this all the time.

Yet

You may ask how did he affect this? … was it at school … doubt it … and bro hasn’t the same failings … so why?

This is just an example …

And

Of course there has been the professional Mancunian – from time to time – but such millionaires sometimes embarrass us too … so I concede this is not just a south eastern problem.

Personally I don't see a problem with regional dialects. I can understand what they're saying, so I don't see the problem. I quite like to hear different pronounciations of words rather than how it used to be on telly with everyone being well spoken and sounding the same. :P

I'm with the band of Pearson/Tatum supporters, in my opinion they are brilliant, both very informative yet witty at times too, after all it's only sport and it's nice to have a laugh now and again and for commentators not to take themselves too seriously! :rolleyes:

Personally I don't see a problem with regional dialects. I can understand what they're saying, so I don't see the problem. I quite like to hear different pronounciations of words rather than how it used to be on telly with everyone being well spoken and sounding the same.  :P

Yes

dialects are good

You have missed the point , haven't you :rolleyes:

I am referring to affected / unnaturally assumed dialelects

and the point that some of the presenters have them ...

As a contrast to Hans - who can speak clearly and naturally without affectation.

please e-mail me if you still fail to understand, bw.

Yes

dialects are good

You have missed the point , haven't you  :rolleyes:

I am referring to affected / unnaturally assumed dialelects

and the point that some of the presenters have them ...

As a contrast to Hans  - who can speak clearly and naturally without affectation.

please e-mail me if you still fail to understand, bw.

Oops, yes I did miss the point. :oops:

Understand now, can see your point even more. :P

Hans might be something of a language genius. He speaks very good swedish aswell, unlike the other danes who usually resort to some kind of "scandinavian" when intervued by swedish media.

Oops, yes I did miss the point.  :oops:

Understand now, can see your point even more.  :P

Brill :)

(This affectation by sky presenters has been annoying a few of us for a while)

... and it doesn't surprise me that the man can speak fluent Swedish - I think this man - love him or hate him is a man to be reckoned with ...

I'll be watching the repeat with interest this morning......I must admit I felt that Hans was up to his old (present? future?) tricks until Scott passed him....which just made it sweeter

I am certain that Hans will be the next guy to step up to challenge Jason Crump for world championships but until he stops making square bends and looking at his opponents as targets, his list of detractors will keep growing

For me Andersen's move on the third bend was not fair, but there you go, its all about opinion isn't it!

Indeed it is. You can get 2 supporters standing right next to each other and they'll see the same incident completly differently! Fascinating isn't it?

Its a pity he has to do that now and again because he is a damn good rider and I would have him in my team every time.

Hans Andersen - World champion next year. Missing out on the GP is the best thing that could have happened to him. Much in the same way Loram missed out on year in the 90s, and came back a much, much better rider.

The guy's brilliant.

Choosing their line is the right of a rider in front I agree, but there has to be a limit and for me that is reached when that rider chops straight across an opponent to stop them in their tracks.

When a rider is coming through from the back, I'd agree. Never like it when a rider comes out of either 2nd/4th bend and cuts right across the opponent (who was leading).

This one was fair though. Andersen was leading, and chose his racing lines. Let's face it, the racing line 'round most tracks is right by the boards isn't it? Nicholls was surely expecting it, wasn't he? I know I was!

Isn't it time you were going to work MrMungo

Sorry Mum! :D

They actually gave me Mon - Thu off, so I could sit back and enjoy (most of) the World Cup :)

3 weeks off in August too. Don't think they like me too much! :)

From what I saw sitting at the tapes both Hans and Scott were riding hard but I will watch that particular race again tonight. Not many racing lines on a tight and dusty surface.

when in actual fact it was the other way around!! Hans Andersen 2 times GP winner, Nicholls serial GP bottler

Excatly! Think it was very childish! Lost all respect for Scott Nicholls now! C'mon Denmark in the final! :D

Never like it when a rider comes out of either 2nd/4th bend and cuts right across the opponent (who was leading).

This one was fair though. Andersen was leading, and chose his racing lines. Let's face it, the racing line 'round most tracks is right by the boards isn't it?

Oh please. He didn't just change line he arrowed right across the track.

I wonder how different the reaction would be had it been Nicki P and not Andersen. :wink:

From my view,sitting just behind the start,Hans move looked lethal.As has been said,riding an opponent out is one thing,but to appear to chop him off is not on.Such was the ferocity of his move that I swear his footrest touched the kickboards.From white line to kickboard in such a manner is dangerous.How on earth can that be judged as fair?

Fortunately,Scott had the foresight to back off a little.If he hadnt,gawd knows what would have happened.Scott then returned the compliment,with far less force,yet you could visibly see Hans not like it.He likes to dish it out,but gets all sulky when its returned.

It is such a shame,as on current form,I think he is probably 2nd only to Crump.

Note:These are my thoughts having been at the event.I have not watched the action on tv to prove/disprove my thoughts.

isnt this just how the danes ride these days?

the two pedersons and anderson?

"get out my way im coming through"

im sure the aussies will deal with them in the final, but what a crap track last night

The man is a complete tosser like his friend Mr Pedersen.

Oh come on! It's bad enough having another anti-Hans thread without dragging other riders into it. Boring. :sad:

Paul, you need to stop pussy footing around and say what you really feel.

Quality post! :approve::lol:

What a boring sport we would all follow if there weren't a few "villains" around. There is a fine line between ruthless determination and reckless riding, and some riders push it to the extreme, but that's what makes them winners and provides us all with so much entertainment. :approve:

Scott then returned the compliment,with far less force,yet you could visibly see Hans not like it. He likes to dish it out, but gets all sulky when it's returned.

This is precisely why this sort of thread evolves.

Remember Cardiff and the Andersen/Holta incident?

Holta rode Andersen fairly hard, but tolerable. What happened next? Down came the Andersen red mist and a lap later, he nigh on t-boned Holta and got himself excluded.

In the following interview, all Andersen could say was that Holta did the same to him!

Now I always try not to be anti-anyone. In fact, I think it's a travesty that HA isn't in the GP series (though he will doubtless see the benefit when he returns next year). However, this sort of event only reinforces some of the negativity shown in this thread.

And for the record, I didn't like Nicholls show of unsporting conduct either....