British Speedway Forum

Heard that Skornicki, Howe, Jansson, Miskowiak were in it last Thursday, hardly inspiring I'm afraid :neutral:

The confirmed line up according to the Witches website is:

Adam Skornicki

Adam Shields

Kim Jansson

David Howe

Davey Watt

Robert Miskowiak

Tobias Kroner

Leigh Lanham

Lewis Bridger

Chris Holder

Michael Nielsen

Mark Loram

Not the most spectacular line up but this is always a must in my speedway calendar. Its not often you get the chance to see 8 riders on track at the same time, and seeing them all entering the first and second bends of the first lap is a sight every speedway fan should experience at some stage.

Michael Nielsen

??? Any info on him please?

Don't expect to see Mark Loram in the final!!

He moaned about 5 rider races in the SWC in Poland so it would be a bit hypercritical to ride in an 8 rider race in a nothing competition on a tiny track!

Michael Nielsen

??? Any info on him please?

Don't know any Danish riders of that name.Only Nielsens are 80cc riders,i think.

Maybe Mattias Nilsson from Sweden?

Don't expect to see Mark Loram in the final!!

He moaned about 5 rider races in the SWC in Poland so it would be a bit hypercritical to ride in an 8 rider race in a nothing competition on a tiny track!

Tiny Track? Get your facts right at least - the majority of EL Tracks are smaller!

Anyway - Mark always used to ride in it and make the final so I see no reason for him to not be aiming for that this time around! I guess we'll see tomorrow night!

I'm with LW on this - I love the meeting and always have. Totally a bit of fun and something different to everything else we do all season. We be odd to not have all the usual end of season shenanigans alongside it, though!

Come on, compared to Polish tracks, Ipswitch is narrow and tiny. Naff all to do with the rest of the EL.

TBH, Mark riding is this is just another thing I'm starting to dislike about him. Just whats makes riding in an 8 rider heat at Ipswich safer than a 5 rider heat on a big, wide Polish track?

Edited by SCB

Oh well, better close British speedway down altogether as since the demise of Exeter there's no tracks over here to compare with the sort of thing you're talking about! Oddly enough, on a forum board relating to British speedway, and in a thread relating to a British event, it didn't occur to me that Polish tracks had any relevance!

As for Mark - I find myself doubting he's losing any sleep over your dislike of him! :P

You can twist it all you like. Mark said he was not willing to ride on a track with more than 3 other riders in the SWC. Yet amazingly, here he is riding on a track with 7 others!

British tracks have nothing to do with it (it's a wel know ploy when lossing an arguement to move the arguement to someonthing else, I use it myself :P so it's not goign to work), British tracks are totally irrelavent. Mark said he was not willing to ride on ANY track with more than 3 other riders. He said he'd pull out of the SWC if he was made to do it and the SWC was being held on the bigger, wider Polish tracks, not the small, narrow Ipswich track. (which may not be small and narrow in GB terms but in World speedway terms it certain is!)

Blimey - you want to untwist those knickers before they cut off the circulation to your vital bits.... ;)

I'm "twisting" nothing - you called Ipswich a tiny track without qualifying what your measure was - when I corrected you by stating that in comparison to other tracks in the EL (The most likely comparison in the arena in which we are discussing the matter) you changed tack and brought Polish tracks into it.

Maybe age and experience has mellowed Mark? I'd hazard a guess that his problem in Poland may have been that it was five riders leaving the gate and piling into the first bend together so maybe his willingness to ride tomorrow is something to do with it effectively only being a four-rider start (Well, so long as the back tapes got sorted out anyway!) - in case you don't know, the 16 lapper final is run off two starting grids - one behind the other and (I think) 30m between the two - top four scorers on the night go off the back grid, next four off the front. It is possible by playing your cards tactically earlier in the evening to be sure of ending the qualifiers on the right points to go off the front grid and thus reach the first bend with only the normal number of riders around you.....perhaps this is Mark's plan?

when I corrected you by stating that in comparison to other tracks in the EL (The most likely comparison in the arena in which we are discussing the matter) you changed tack and brought Polish tracks into it.
:P

It is possible by playing your cards tactically earlier in the evening to be sure of ending the qualifiers on the right points to go off the front grid and thus reach the first bend with only the normal number of riders around you.....perhaps this is Mark's plan?

Maybe! Lets hope so as I'd hate to be off that back grid and the guy off the front grid fails to leave the start!! Could be carnage! :unsure:

BTW, thanks for the tip, just checked and I was going blue :oops::o:P

Fair comment - reading it again I see where you were coming from.

Maybe!  Lets hope so as I'd hate to be off that back grid and the guy off the front grid fails to leave the start!!  Could be carnage!  :unsure:

Don't joke Shawn - it's happened! In fact what generally occurs is the rider in front has the nous to stay absolutely still and the rider from the back grid takes evasive action. The worst problems occur when a front grid rider falls on the first bend, now that CAN be carnage!!!

BTW, thanks for the tip, just checked and I was going blue  :oops:  :o  :P

Ah well, that's my good deed for the day then! :lol: