British Speedway Forum
TonyMac

Can You Manage The Speedway Museum?

Could YOU manage the Speedway Museum?

THE new Speedway Museum is looking for a Manager to help run it on a day-to-day basis at Paradise Wildlife Park, Broxbourne, Hertfordshire from the opening date in late April.

The ideal candidate will be confident, presentable and possess a sound all round knowledge of speedway, have good communication skills and be able to organise and manage a team of volunteers. The manager will have responsibility for the sale of merchandise and publications, so previous retail experience would also be useful, although training will be provided.

Basic working hours throughout the summer (speedway) season will be 10am to 6pm, Monday to Friday, plus occasional weekends. In the winter (November-February) the manager would be employed part-time. Salary negotiable.

Candidates should apply in writing to: George Barclay, 41 Lodge Avenue, Dagenham, Essex, RM8 2JD. Or for further info, phone George on 020 8592 3361.

George said: "This is a wonderful opportunity for someone who has a sound knowledge of speedway history, who is possibly retired but would still like to enjoy an important role with a modest income attached. In view of the location, the manager would need his or her own transport.

"The Speedway Museum committee members will be available to help with the running of the building on occasional weekends, but it’s been decided that it would be best to appoint a manager to be there on a more permanent basis, especially throughout the summer months."

Since that's very local to me I'd be delighted to help them out, but they'd have to pay me a darn sight more than £30k pa to do it!! :wink:

It would be good value - I'd turn it into an international hot spot. People would be burning tarmac to get to Broxbourne to see the Speedway Museum. :blink::D

You could always give your help and advice free of charge as a committed speedway supporter like everyone else on the committee... :)

With pleasure! :approve: Do you have George's contact details?

How far from Peterborough to Broxbourne???

Andy - looks like they're George's contact details in the first post :)

Just over 70 miles from Peterborough to Broxbourne - A1, A414 through Hertford, A10, off at Hoddesdon, through the centre of Broxbourne, turn right at the roundabout near Broxbourne school and follow the signs out into the countryside. http://www.pwpark.com/pages/general/directions.asp

Thanks Andy. That would mean 700 miles a week from here!! Hmm, think that would probably be over-doing it... unless there's a train......

Sorry, just thinking aloud - don't mind me!

No, but you could visit the museum and maybe Rye House.

Yep I could... shame it's not a little closer. Anyone know of any other speedway-related jobs up for grabs in the Cambridgeshire area!? Or anything really??

Yep I could... shame it's not a little closer. Anyone know of any other speedway-related jobs up for grabs in the Cambridgeshire area!? Or anything really??

Anything Leanne : : :unsure: Come on Babe, your far better than anything :)

Aww thank you Mike... I wouldn't settle for just anything, but after the revelations of the last few days at work I just want out... and fast!

after the revelations of the last few days at work I just want out... and fast!

Tell us more leanne :lol: