British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
jackofdiamonds

They have to listen.

I don't feel embarressment at raising a topic I filed some time ago.

Now Phil has raised a new section dealing with the future of the sport I am

going to voice again my worries for the future.

Question - who puts their money into the sport - the promoters

Question - who loses it when the punters don't turn up - the promoters

Question - do the promoters listen to Joe Public -not often

We have the questions, maybe the answers, but who listens?

Not many.

As a forum, the best in GB, we have the right to confront those in charge.

Can anyone of the official side of FAST try to have Q/A with CVS or

anyone connected at a high enough level.

I remember your original posting JoD and I think I mentioned that I did a similar Q&A session involving Rugby League supporters and those in charge.

An e-mail is on it's way to CVS as I'm typing this asking if he would be willing to take part in a Q&A session.

Now we just sit back and wait for a response. I shall keep you posted!

Well I sent a rather polite one pointing out that I was new(ish) to pcs and after Andy Smith riding in the conference would he now be eligible to replace Colesy and what average would he be on..

And that was weeks ago.....................

Couple of small points:

1) Don't hold your breath - CVS is virtually computer illiterate so the chances of him repliying to an e-mail are slightly less than zero!!!

2) The e-mail address for CVS doesn't go to him anyway but to 'pooper-scoop' Pearson - his faithful lap-dog - so it's doubtful he'll even get to SEE the damn thing. Especially as Nigey-babes is currently on his honeymoon!!!

In my opinion your best chance of getting a reply from CVS is to write to him using 'snail-mail'!!! ;-) :)

Question - do the promoters listen to Joe Public -not often

We have the questions, maybe the answers, but who listens?

Not many.

As a forum, the best in GB, we have the right to confront those in charge.

Hi JoD.

As a forum I think we're making progress on the links to 'those in charge' front. We know Coventry, Oxford and Wimbledon managements, and probably others, not only follow some of our threads but post as well (thank you guys, much appreciated). Neil Middleditch posted a few days ago so word must be getting round.

Now is a very good time to post your questions, concerns, ideas and solutions. 'Those in charge' will be formulating their ideas over the next few months ready for their seminars over the winter.

Whilst I am in broad sympathy with your views JoD, I have difficulty understanding why this Forum has a RIGHT to interrogate CVS - much as I'd like to see it happen.

Secondly, FAST, as far as I am aware, is concerned purely with raising and distributing sponsorship to up and coming riders. Its is NOT there to act as a focal point for debate about the future of speedway in the UK.

Neil Middleditch posted a few days ago so word must be getting round.

Although he hasn't posted much, he has been viewing the forum for a while ;)

Just like every other promoter?

Why don't they take a leaf out of Ian Thomas' book and buy a computer and look at the internet and see we're not all (ok most) evil or as bad as they think!

Our ones have and are even members of Monarchs Chatzone :D Their input is greatly appreciated :approve:

Nigel Wordsworth is very active on our forum and is also approachable on race nights. He is prepared to listen to fans. If more promoters were open we might move forward as a sport.