British Speedway Forum

Not rubbish at all and in your haste to reply you're missing my point. I'm just saying that it's still pretty much the same blokes riding bikes for 4 laps so why the problem in paying more for admittance for this meeting at Poole? It's still cheaper than the GP (unless you talk the real cheap seats at Cardiff). I'm not talking about the importance of the GPs as opposed to this one off.

Just surprised at Kev's dismissive comments is all - he's usually more reasonable than that.

Of course it can't compete with Cardiff and it's not trying to.

Its a one off celebration of 60 years of speedway, and in doing so the club have raised enough sponsorship to give the richest ever prize in speedway. A race where the winner is earning £1000 a second.

After all the woes on here in recent weeks, along comes something special where all fans can come along and enjoy what should be a brilliant meeting, and you get people like Eastie, KevH and a few others trying their best to crap on it.

Speedway fans can pencil in a Sunday afternoon a week before the season officially starts and come on down to support their favourite rider. What's wrong with that? Or would fans not bother and rather carry on posting in all the depressive threads currently swamping the board?

I would also like to add that this meeting will definately NOT be televised.

Its a one off celebration of 60 years of speedway, and in doing so the club have raised enough sponsorship to give the richest ever prize in speedway. A race where the winner is earning £1000 a second.

But do they not have to race 5 other heats to get to the final too ;) Or do they get paid separately for them? Just so I have it right ...............

Why is it a meaningless fixture Kev? It's an anniversary meeting - a celebration of the club's 60 years. It's a big event and the prices reflect that - you'll pay the same and a lot more to watch the GP at Cardiff so what's the difference? and don't say the facilities because that's not what people go for - it's the whole occasion. It's still 16 blokes riding 20-odd heats isn't it?  :rolleyes:

Because it is a meaningless fixture Rabs - the GP at Cardiff has a bearing on who wins the World Championship - the meeting at Poole decides who wins the money (which the fans are being asked to cough up for).

For sure, celebrate 60 years of speedway in Poole, you should be proud of that, but shouldn't the promotion be saying 'thank-you' to the fans for supporting us through the years and at least trying to give them something back?

Why is it that people can't even acknowledge for 5 minutes a positive event when it happens? Or are we all such embittered fans now that everything has to be criticised?  :blink:

For the answer to that one, you don't have to look much further than the post prior to yours - he has caused more damage to Poole Speedway than you care to admit. If he can't stand the heat he should get out of the kitchen, or in other words he shouldn't dish it out if he can't take it back.

Nothing personal against you Rabski, in fact I love you to bits.........along with a few other fans from darn in Darzet, but you have to admit there's a fair percentage from down there who aren't the sharpest knives in the box? :wink:

I would also like to add that this meeting will definately NOT be televised.

:D Of course it won't - it holds no interest to anyone outside of a ten mile radius of Poole. :rolleyes:

Fair play to Poole in arranging this in celebration of their 60 years,no doubt the place will be heaving.-At least they are doing something to celebrate in a big way.

No matter what anyone says Poole-like it or lump it are,and always have been one of the biggest clubs in British Speedway and have had the balls and the gumption to plan put this on.

If you look at realistically with the line up this IS a big meeting albeit without having any meaning GP wise etc etc apart from celebrating 60 years of Speedway in Poole-they are providing all speedway fans with a great chance to see all the big boys in action and join in the party

And why not hype up 60 years if you can at your track?, and get most of the very best riders to attend.That takes planning and for thought and promotion-Good on Poole.

At the end of the day you either want to go or you dont-simple as.

As others have said it puts the ELRC to shame in terms of line up-how ever I find it a tad sad that it takes a top prize like that to attract the top riders-but hey ho that seems to be the case these days and we have to accept that.

Sure some people would love to go but wont be able to afford it and those that can will.

Very best of luck to everyone involved and hope its a great success especially from the Poole perspective of your 60 years celebrations.--Know how much we enjoyed our 75 years and then farewell weekend-make the most of it and never forget it.

Shame it aint going to be on TV though :( --When is the DVD due to be out?

Whats the contingency plan if it rains?? Mr Shovlar --and after your meal what happens the following week if someone has taken a liking to your seat in the grandstand and decides you aint having it any more on a normal week;) :P

Best of luck anyway to you all and enjoy your 60 year celebrations-well deserved and well worth celebrating.

Edited by Nevs

It is a bit overpriced for us poor people of the north and its in March when it'll be freezing . Remember the Rye House meeting in 03, poured it down. And how many riders will Poole out (Get it :rolleyes::D )

Because it is a meaningless fixture Rabs - the GP at Cardiff has a bearing on who wins the World Championship - the meeting at Poole decides who wins the money (which the fans are being asked to cough up for).

For sure, celebrate 60 years of speedway in Poole, you should be proud of that, but shouldn't the promotion be saying 'thank-you' to the fans for supporting us through the years and at least trying to give them something back?

For the answer to that one, you don't have to look much further than the post prior to yours - he has caused more damage to Poole Speedway than you care to admit. If he can't stand the heat he should get out of the kitchen, or in other words he shouldn't dish it out if he can't take it back.

Nothing personal against you Rabski, in fact I love you to bits.........along with a few other fans from darn in Darzet, but you have to admit there's a fair percentage from down there who aren't the sharpest knives in the box? :wink:

Why, thank you very much for that, Kev......NOT! :o

It is a bit overpriced for us poor people of the north and its in March when it'll be freezing . Remember the Rye House meeting in 03

Ah but you have forgot the global warming situation since 03 Joanne--Come March these days down on the south and south west coast in 07 we are growing grapes and harvesting them to make wine in our string vests.

You could even earn a few quid a week either side of this meeting by making it a working holiday- mashing them up with your bare feet--times have changed in the last 4 years-come down for a holiday in March and bring Kev with ya--you know you both want to really ;)

Edited by Nevs

Ah but you have forgot the global warming situation since 03 Joanne--Come March these days down on the south and south west  coast in 07 we are growing grapes and harvesting them  to make wine in our string vests.

You could even earn a few quid a week either side of this meeting by making it a working holiday- mashing them up with your bare feet--times have changed in the last 4 years-come down for a holiday in March and bring Kev with ya--you know you both want to really ;)

Yeh, I will Nevs, if there's free wine up for grabs :P

I didnt mean me personally with a vineyard-Kev seems to be wining freely enough anyway on this thread ;)

Ah but you have forgot the global warming situation since 03 Joanne--Come March these days down on the south and south west  coast in 07 we are growing grapes and harvesting them  to make wine in our string vests.

KevH wont need to come down for any grapes, hes already got enough sour ones. :P

I think this will be a good night entertainment and I'm amazed that Ford can get that kind of money, not sure really how it is a celebration of 60 years of Poole Speedway for the Poole fans though. But saying that I will def be going. If they make a good night of it with fireworks, and other entertainment etc to fill in the gaps, I hope they can bring some of that into the league meetings instead of the lack of effort we had this year.

Also if Bjarne isn't back at Poole next year it would be great to see him come back and win it, he'll have a great chance.

Edited by Hector

Cardiff is a Grand Prix.......... Poole is staging a totally meaningless meeting which will be forgotten by May...........get real, your spin isn't even amusing anymore. :rolleyes:

I can think of 60000 reasons why this won't be meaningless to the riders, and will guarantee a better showing than the ELRC :rolleyes:

Also if Bjarne isn't back at Poole next year it would be great to see him come back and win it, he'll have a great chance.

That would be sweet :approve:

Would also be nice if Boycie was involved in some way, after all he was promised a 'proper' farewell meeting if he did hang up his kevlars.

Poole Speedway will launch their on-track Diamond Jubilee season with a prestigious individual meeting on Sunday March 9th 2008 with a the wealthiest prize in speedway history for a single race. The winner of the grand final of the 20 heat, 16 rider meeting will

receive a life-changing £60,000......

Riders booked include Nicki Pedersen, Jason Crump, Leigh Adams, Hans Andersen, Greg Hancock, Andreas Jonsson, Scott Nicholls, Chris Harris, Bjarne Pedersen, Krzysztof Kasprzak all of whom will be GP competitors for 2008 along with Danish international Kenneth Bjerre, locally-based Australian Davey Watt and Poole debutant Karol Zabik.

Should be a great one! Sky should definitely show this meeting...I bet it'll be better then most GP's. :)