British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
chunky

Speedway's Most-travelled Riders

So, does that mean you will believe me now when I say George Major never belonged to Belle Vue, Glasgow, Wolves or Weymouth? Sometimes the scribes of the day just got it wrong! I know this to be fact! but George is easily contactable. :lol::wink:

Here's the latest update...

<b>18 - ALAN MOGRIDGE</b> (Arena Essex, Berwick, Bradford, Canterbury, Crayford, Eastbourne, Hackney, Ipswich, London, Middlesbrough, Peterborough, Rye House, Sheffield, Stoke, Swindon, Wimbledon, Wolves, Workington)

<b>16 - JUSTIN ELKINS </b>(Arena Essex, Eastbourne, Eastbourne Starlets, Edinburgh, Exeter, Hull, Isle of Wight, Long Eaton, Poole, Reading, Rye House, Stoke, Stoke Spitfires, Weymouth, Wimbledon, Workington)

<b>16 - WAL MORTON</b> (Bradford (Greenfield), Bradford (Odsal), Bristol, Coventry, Glasgow WC, Hackney, Harringay, Ipswich, Liverpool, Middlesbrough, Newcastle, Norwich, West Ham, West Ham Res, Weymouth, Wimbledon)

<b>16 - TONY FEATHERSTONE</b> (Boston, Bradford, Crayford, Exeter, Hackney, King's Lynn, King's Lynn II, Leicester, Long Eaton, Milton Keynes, Newport, Peterborough, Poole, Scunthorpe, Sheffield, Wolves)

<b>15 - JAMES BIRKINSHAW</b> (Belle Vue Colts, Berwick, Birmingham, Boston, Buxton, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Linlithgow, Newcastle, Sheffield, Sheffield Prowlers, St. Austell, Stoke, Wolves 2nd, Workington)

<b>15 - MARK BURROWS</b> (Belle Vue, Buxton, Cleveland (Boro II), Cleveland (Redcar II), Coventry, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Hull, Long Eaton, Middlesbrough, Scunthorpe, Sheffield, Stoke, Stoke Spitfires, Wimbledon)

<b>15 - GEORGE MAJOR</b>(Aldershot, Belle Vue, Birmingham, Cradley, Doncaster, Glasgow, Leicester, Neath, Newcastle, Norwich, Oxford, Sheffield, St. Austell, Wolves, Yarmouth)

This was how arch-compiler chunky left this last time we visited this theme.. (at least I think this was the last updated list..: certainly in terms of those with 15 and above...) :blink:

Since then my old sparring partner lucifer sam came up with the fact that Buzz had appeared in four matches for Oxford; and since this last posting Mr. Burrows has had a spell with Weymouth and is now at track 18 with the Scunthorpe Saints.

And before people question that, this Scunny is a completely different club from the one he started his career at, including different name and of course, track. Also if you're still not convinced, as this is the NL version of the club it is, of course, in keeping with the way these lists have been put together, 'Scunthorpe II'

So adding these in Buzz's record-equalling ( :approve: ) 18 clubs reads:

18 - MARK BURROWS (Belle Vue, Buxton, Cleveland (Boro II), Cleveland (Redcar II), Coventry, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Hull, Long Eaton, Middlesbrough, Oxford, Scunthorpe, Scunthorpe II, Sheffield, Stoke, Stoke Spitfires, Weymouth, Wimbledon)

Was having a discussion with my brother about ex-Stars riders and we came to Alan Cowland!

Its not mentioned in your list, but we both think he had a brief stint with Lynn but not sure when......

...or are we both imagining things? :blink: