British Speedway Forum

For the last couple of years I've used the excellent Excel spreadsheet which covers the entire Grand Prix series.

Will there be a new version for this year? It's a great piece of work and does the job very nicely for anoraks such as myself :rolleyes:

Despite the glowing reference, I'm guessing you mean mine :P

I'll sort one out and let you know. I'm away for a while, but should get it sorted by early next week.

Cheers

I'll check elsewhere anyway, but does anyone know if there are any rule/points changes ?

On the subject of the big race at the end...

It's meant to be the winners of the four Super Prix (the GP's on temporary tracks) - but will it be a three-man race if one rider manages to win TWO of those meetings ? Or will a runner-up be used !? Heaven forbid...

What if one of them gets injured before or at Gelsenkirchen ?

I think I'll add the race to the spreadsheet in a simple way, just to complete the series.

I'll sort one out and let you know. I'm away for a while, but should get it sorted by early next week.

Cheers

I'll check elsewhere anyway, but does anyone know if there are any rule/points changes ?

The rule regarding Dead Heats has been amended.

Points are now shared between the riders. (i.e. two riders dead heat for first 2.5 points each etc.)

Could make the who-beat-who tie break revert to a coin toss / ballot / lucky dip :unsure: if the two (or more) riders then tied on points prior to the semi's.

ATB

Dave

Cheers

It's meant to be the winners of the four Super Prix (the GP's on temporary tracks) - but will it be a three-man race if one rider manages to win TWO of those meetings ? Or will a runner-up be used !? Heaven forbid...

I think I'll add the race to the spreadsheet in a simple way, just to complete the series.

Come on Steve Hurry up with it!!!!

Cheers Steve, look forward to it :D

If a rider wins 2 or more of the super GP's, the highest place rider in the GP series not already in the Super GP final will have a place.

The rule regarding Dead Heats has been amended.

Points are now shared between the riders. (i.e. two riders dead heat for first 2.5 points each etc.)

Could make the who-beat-who tie break revert to a coin toss / ballot / lucky dip :unsure: if the two (or more) riders then tied on points prior to the semi's.

Cheers for that Dave.

Have to say, I can't understand why they've changed it.

And presumably, they won't follow the same rule once it reaches the semi's :rolleyes: A tie for second place...so a run-off ? Or a 5-man final ? :P

If a rider wins 2 or more of the super GP's, the highest place rider in the GP series not already in the Super GP final will have a place.

Ta Shawn. That also sounds a bit silly, should just be three riders, or even two, but hey...

I've added the race in at the end, in a simple form.

Okay, for those who want the excel file

old faulty link

Let me know if you have any probs

Sadly when I click on the link all I get is a page saying 'connection was reset'. Could you email it to me Steve at speedwayfreak@gmail.com?

That would be fabulous, thanks for the hard work :D

I can't understand why it works for some and not others :blink:

Can you please try the link again Shropshire Lass and see what happens ?

I can't understand why it works for some and not others :blink:

Can you please try the link again Shropshire Lass and see what happens ?

Works fine, thanks Steve. Thanks for your work to produce this as well!

Ah good, seems to have downloaded okay, for plenty of people...

Couple of things I noticed...

i) The first semi has riders names filled-in (left over from a little test) - that would be miraculous if they actually fill those places, wouldn't it ?! :P

Just replace the numbers in the grey boxes.

and

ii) Denis Stojs (Slovenia) now rides at number 18, replacing the sadly and badly injured Jernej Kolenko :( Good luck to Jernej with making a full recovery !

Remember to change the name in the rider list, and it will change automatically on the GP1 page.

If you like, you can also add Damian Baliński as number 20, and Krzysztof Buczkowski as number 21 - the two reserves for Leszno (GP2).

Guest Schumi

Downloaded fine for me too. Thanks Steve. :)