British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Main Man

Under 16's Meeting At Buxton --sun Oct 19th

The meeting will be proudly sponsored by Renaissance Property Management Limited (rpm.org.uk)

Many thanks to Neil and Renaissance for their backing.

Good on you Neil for doing that. I'm sure all concerned will be chuffed to bit's.

Yes we are very grateful for Neil and Angela's support. All the sponsorship money will go directly to the lads taking part.

Thanks again.

Best of luck to Adam :lol:

Thanks to Nikko and Halifax tiger for the support they are showing for me.

I just hope i can give a good account of myself as this will be my first competitive meeting.

Also hope i can keep my nerves under control as this will be the first time i have been out with three other riders at the same time.

Also thanks to Laurence Rogers and mildenhall speedway for giving me the chance to ride.

Many thanks Adam Kirby.

Edited by moosetash64

Have had to give Adam Kirby the disappointing news that he cannot line-up in the meeting after all. If he was on a 250 he could have ridden in the 250 event but he is on a 500 but is not 14 till February. Naturally he is really disappointed with the news --but his time will come although at the moment that must seems a million years away for the lad .

Also had text off Marc Owen to say that the Eastbourne meeting he was due to ride in on Saturday is now on Sunday and he riding for the Rye House Academy team --so we are working on a replacement for Marc.

Joe Jacobs hope to be fit enough to ride after crashing yesterday. He has a minor fracture in his hand and heavy bruising.

Full line-ups soon from Jayne.

ALSO --a BIG thank you to Barry Simpson who has agreed to give product sponsorship for the meeting and I am sure the lads will be pleased with this .

Edited by Main Man

Have had to give Adam Kirby the disappointing news that he cannot line-up in the meeting after all. If he was on a 250 he could have ridden in the 250 event but he is on a 500 but is not 14 till February. Naturally he is really disappointed with the news --but his time will come although at the moment that must seems a million years away for the lad .

Also had text off Marc Owen to say that the Eastbourne meeting he was due to ride in on Saturday is now on Sunday and he riding for the Rye House Academy team --so we are working on a replacement for Marc.

Joe Jacobs hope to be fit enough to ride after crashing yesterday. He has a minor fracture in his hand and heavy bruising.

Full line-ups soon from Jayne.

ALSO --a BIG thank you to Barry Simpson who has agreed to give product sponsorship for the meeting and I am sure the lads will be pleased with this .

Hi Laurence

As you have guessed Adam is very disappointed but like you said his time will come (next season) :angry: :angry: . I would also like to say a big thank you for all you have done for adam by giving him his chance to do some demo laps at mildenhall this season. Adam is pleased with the progress he has made this year and hopes he can carrry on improving for the remainder of this year by getting some practice sessions somewhere.

Hi Laurence

As you have guessed Adam is very disappointed but like you said his time will come (next season) :angry: :angry: . I would also like to say a big thank you for all you have done for adam by giving him his chance to do some demo laps at mildenhall this season. Adam is pleased with the progress he has made this year and hopes he can carrry on improving for the remainder of this year by getting some practice sessions somewhere.

I'll be down at Sittingbourne over the winter practising with Mark and Aaron (Team Baseby Racing), so hopefully see you there :lol:

I think Adam should be very pleased with his progress this year, well done and keep it up.

I'll be down at Sittingbourne over the winter practising with Mark and Aaron (Team Baseby Racing), so hopefully see you there :lol:

I think Adam should be very pleased with his progress this year, well done and keep it up.

Does anyone know how much it will be to watch the U 16 meeting at Buxton, because I may try to take a few local lads to stir up potential interest in the sport

Does anyone know how much it will be to watch the U 16 meeting at Buxton, because I may try to take a few local lads to stir up potential interest in the sport

Normal admission prices apply - Adults £9, Concessions £6.50, Children £2.50. Trackside parking £1. Should be a good afternoon with 21 heats of racing.

Only a few days now till the lads take to the track for the clash --Hitmen v Dragons + the 250cc Individual event.

Should be a great afternoon at Hi Edge --hopefully lots of fans will come along to support the up and coming British riders -see you there!!

Line-ups are as follows:

Carmarthen

Brendan Johnson

Scott Meakins

James Sarjeant

Jack Hirst

Joe Jacobs

Richard Andrews

Jordan Tyrer

Buxton

Jason Garrity

Jack Butler

Cameron Hoskins

Ashley Morris

TBC

Lloyd Barrett

Kyle Howarth

Unfortuntely no Joe Jacobs after his crash in the U-15 round at Buxton last week. He tried his hand out at Ipswich on Thursday but had to admit defeat in his hopes of lining up for the Dragons on Sunday.

Still two good sides out on track --let the battle commence!!

Is there anyone going to this meeting who would be able to text updates to the updates site? If so, could you please either leave a message here or send me an email or pm.

Thanks

Tremendous show by two depleted sides ending with a last heat decider and a Carmarthen win 46-44. In the 250's Reece Downes took the honours on 13 with Jack Cornes 2nd on 12 and Conner Dwyer third with 10.

21 races in an hour and a half as well!!

With so many changes and double Rider-Replacement used by both sides I hope my scores are correct!! Checking through I had Kyle Howarth down for 8 rides!! However I missed the change of Lloyd Barrett for him in Ht 12 so all now sorted!!

Carmarthen were without Brendan Johnson ( withdrew) , Joe Jacobs (injured) and were stopped at the last moment from using Jordan Tyrer as he had no licence!! Jack Butler swapped sides to the Dragons who were without Jake Knight (ill) and then lost Ashley Morris with a wrist injury in Ht 1!!

Even so the 4 v 5 'men' sides produced some entertaining action. Newly crowned U-15 champ Jason Garrity had a seven ride 21 point max.

Buxton 44 ( Jason Garrity 7r 21, Cameron Hoskins 7r 1, Ashley Morris (withdrawn injured), Lloyd Barrett 7r 5+1, Kyle Howarth 7r 17+1)

Carmarthen 46 ( Scott Meakins 10+1, James Sergeant 7r 17, Jack Hirst 6r 8+3, Richard Andrews 7r 10+5, Jack Butler 4r 1)

Just a great pity more fans did not come along to watch !!! :mad:

Edited by Main Man