British Speedway Forum
tomazpozrl

Swc Event 2, Peterborough 13.7.

What has happned to Ward? Is he injured?

He fractured his ankle last night, riding for Kings Lynn at Edinburgh.

HELP NEEDED. CANYOU PAY AT THE TURNSTILES ON MONDAY, AND IF SO HOW MUCH IS IT FOR ADULT STANDING?

MANY THANKS.

This has been asked on a few forums so just to clarify that YES you can pay at the turnstiles:

Grandstand Tickets: £30.00

Standing - Adult: £20.00

Standing - OAP/u15's: £10.00

Gates will now open at 5.30pm (not 6.00pm as previously advertised). Over 3,000 advance tickets have already been sold and a crowd of over 5,000 is expected so fans are urged to arrive early. A new system is in place for car parking so fans are being asked to comply with signs and stewards when entering the East of England Showground and parking.

Peterborough Speedway, East of England Showground, Peterborough, Cambridgeshire, PE2 6XE

How to find East of England Showground

Bad Luck for Darcy. Get well soon.

Well, reguardless what everybody thinks about the team Rob has put out, its time to get behind the kids and give them our support. As for Danny King, he rode a stinker at poole last Wednesday, its in his own hands now to show Rob Lyon that he's got a problem should we reach the race off.

That also goes for the rest of the Boys, show Rob that you will be hard to drop!!!

Update, Team GB are best priced 18/1 to win Event 2 with Stan James. Theres an incentive lads!!

Edited by Starman2006

Aussies vs Poles - that's how theoretically it should look. Even with all the injuries Aussies are able to get straight into the final but Adams and Sullivan need to ride their best. Gollob, Hampel, Holta, Kasprzak - won't be easy to bit. I personally wonder how Miedzinski is going to perform (his debut in SWC).

Complete bonkers why Nicholls and Richardson aren't in this team.

Nicholls has had a poor year but is still better than the likes of King, Woffiden, Bridger and Kennett. Richardson has been flying all year!!!!

You need your best 5 out there no matter what, can anyone honestly say we are fielding our best 5 riders? No because we aint.

It's going to be an embarrasing performance from Team GB or England or whatever you want to call it. I actually hope Slovenia beat us to show that p***k Rob Lyon what a pratt hes been by selecting the team he has.

Hes on about using Scott and Lee in Poland? Why not tonight at Peterborough. Scott and Lee are both world class riders, despite Scotts poor year. I honestly think we could take 2nd at Peterborough with those two instead of Woffiden and King, but now? No chance. Be lucky to beat Slovenia.

Besides Scott is more likely to score more in Peterborough rather than in Poland where he has never performed well.

Of course there's absolutely no possibility of Poland tanking this evening in order to get the crowd up for the Race-off, is there? :rolleyes:

Seriously here's hoping for a meeting with the same excitement as Round One. :approve:

Come On Aussie Come on. ;)

im getting excited now-and the sun is shining so my art work gets to be shown off :)

if any one going hasnt come n said hi feel free to do so be nice to meet some new people

Sarah

I do not agree with this team selection at all. I will still be supporting them of course, and I just hope they win through.

I personally think Rob Lyon has taken a brave decision - but the right one in his selection for tonight. With or without Scott and Lee we were never going to beat the likes of the Aussies or Poles to win the meeting and go straight to the final and likewise, with or without Scott and Lee I can't for the life of me see us being beaten by the Slovenians.

So it's the perfect opportunity to give the younger lads some WTC experience which will hopefully make them better prepared for the next few seasons when we may be better equiped to challenge for the WTC.

Whatever happens I think whatever team Rob put out would take us to the race off and then its time to put our strongest team out, even though our passage to the final through that looks nigh on impossible with Sweden, Denmark and one of Poland (most likely) or the Aussies our opponents on Thursday.

Will Matej Zagar be fit to ride?

Any news from yesterday's practice?

How much - £30 for Grandstand seating

No wonder speedway isnt pulling the punters with that price - blimey. Makes no sense at all.

Its cheaper to go to Cardiff

I'll be watching at home - Im ill at the mo ne ways :(

This seems like a two horse race to me....

Hope Team GB can do something - but think they will only be racing against the Slovenians in reality. Hope im wrong though.

Think the right team was picked though because using the same riders every year isnt working -

we need to take example from the Russians and how they have suddenly gained some good riders if we are to be successful in the future -

the fact is they slowly got better - not just straight away.

Poland and Australia should have a good battle though

I would predict a Poland win though

Does anyone have a race card in the right format for this meeting ? Thank you! - edited to add I should read all of the page before posting.............

Looking forward to it even though I cant see anything other than a third place for us

Edited by SimonB