British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Montine Dons

Rudy Muts

i seem to remember the bad crash Rudy Muts had resulted in a broken neck....

I was wondering if anyone can help me I am researching for information for my new website that I will be setting up over the close season, at the moment I am looking for information on Wimbledon rider Rudy Muts.

If anyone has any information on Rudy or any other Wimbledon riders that rode at Wimbledon around the same time then please email me at Speewaydons91@aol.com

Many Thanks in Advance

If you come and see me i will introduce you to my Mum on Saturday she maybe able to help you MD!

it was at the start of the 1983 season when there was all that stuff going on with wally mawdsley vacating the promoters seat..or more like he was forced out!!!!..we were all at a meeting when he announced the signing and there was mutters of discontent all round!!!....i can only imagine when richard vowles took over rudy was rather swept under the carpet...but we still had to put up with a team like this!!!:

gresham

busk

b.andersson

yeates

crump

t.broadbank

denzil kent!

i think this was the team we put out at reading in a challenge..or something close....later we had the reinforcements like phil herne and milan spinka!!...oh and an aborted bob kilby comeback!!!!..so we may as well had used rudy!!!!

Spot on Hagon, Rudy had barely ridden for two seasons after that real bad neck injury. In fact he never rode in England again.

That '83 team was pure quality!!

Other notables like Per Sorensen, Paul Bosley, Steve Bishop and Tim Hunt rode that year too. I remember we also tried to sign Berndt Odermatt that year, but a car crash put the scuppers on that, then we signed Mighty Milan Spinka instead...what a legend!!!

I was wondering if anyone can help me I am researching for information for my new website that I will be setting up over the close season, at the moment I am looking for information on Wimbledon rider Rudy Muts.

If anyone has any information on Rudy or any other Wimbledon riders that rode at Wimbledon around the same time then please email me at Speewaydons91@aol.com

Many Thanks in Advance

If you come and see me i will introduce you to my Mum on Saturday she maybe able to help you MD!

Cheers Emma. will try and do that.

Thanks for all the information everyone.

Grachan, now thats what i call racing...can you see any of todays riders handling those 2 valves...NO..

Great to see those pics from the Shay, Evo. :)

The first ever "away" match I went to was the end of the season Dukes v Aces match in 1981 - is this the same match the photos are from?

Great to see those pics from the Shay, Evo. :)

The first ever "away" match I went to was the end of the season Dukes v Aces match in 1981 - is this the same match the photos are from?

It says May 81 on the back of the photos.

Sounds like a League Cup match in that case Evo. The one I went to was the last match of the season. What I remember most was one race where Chris Morton banged off the fence on the last turn and it propelled him past Ian Cartwright. :lol:

Also remember a great fireworks display afterwards, which ended with big elephant wagging its tale. Why was an Elephant their symbol? Anyone? :?

Sounds like a League Cup match in that case Evo. The one I went to was the last match of the season. What I remember most was one race where Chris Morton banged off the fence on the last turn and it propelled him past Ian Cartwright. :lol:

Also remember a great fireworks display afterwards, which ended with big elephant wagging its tale. Why was an Elephant their symbol? Anyone? :?

Good question...Aint got a clue. :-( .Any takers :?:

Think I'll take this to a wider audience. Poor old Rudy Muts has got relatively short shrift on this thread about him.:oops: