British Speedway Forum
Timbo

Erik Gundersen's "My Two Lives"

Does anybody know where I could get hold of a copy of Erik's apparently 'very moving' book :?:

Watch this space I will get back to you.

I read this book when I was 16 ( I am a Cov supporter) but a great fan of Erics. It is indeed very moving not just apparantly and I am trying to get a copy myself.

If however anyone beats me to it then great it saves me searching all resources. :lol:

I can cofirm what has been said before, that Erik's book is indeed a very moving and thought provoking story. It is the kind of book which should be introduced into the National Curriculum as it makes you realise just how fragile a life can be.

The paragraphs refering to Erik's dilema about getting on the train will remain with me for the rest of my life.

Don't rest until you've read it!

Watch this space I will get back to you.

I read this book when I was 16 ( I am a Cov supporter) but a great fan of Erics. It is indeed very moving not just apparantly and I am trying to get a copy myself.

If however anyone beats me to it then great it saves me searching all resources. :lol:

Thanks Jojolav, from what others have said on the subject I must get hold of a copy somehow.

Apparently Erik is about to become a kindergarten teacher in the near future.

Try here:

http://www.leisurecollectables.com/speedway/

It's listed in the Books section for one and a half English pounds, but I see no reason why they wouldn't send it to Aus.

The paragraphs refering to Erik's dilema about getting on the train will remain with me for the rest of my life.

Don't rest until you've read it!

I agree what a thought provoker!

I also think that this is a fantastic book. I was never an Erik fan but was there on that fateful day at Bradford and can honestly say that I have never forgotten it - I can still see the crash in my mind. I followed Erik's progress after the accident in both the speedway and local press. The book is very moving and I shed a tear or two whilst reading it. I too went to his farewell meeting and he very kindly signed my book for me as best as he could. Erik has fought back from his horrendous injuries and you can only admire him for it and I wish him all the best. It is nice to know that he has rebuilt his life and has a new challenge ahead in teaching.

Still no reply from Leisure Collectables re Erik's book.

Has anyone had any luck locating a copy :roll:

Timobo I also emailed them and I too am still awaiting a reply :cry:

Jojolav, I've just received a reply. Unfortunately they don't have any books available at the moment :cry:

Please keep me in mind if you manage to find another possible supplier