British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
CMV06

Apologies

Last year when I attended the GP, my night was ruined by a few inconsiderate Polish fans whose behaviour was out of order in front of my 7 year old son. I made some comments (can't remember them all tbh) that would have appeared to tar all Polish fans with the same brush which (because I let my emotions get the better of me) were all wrong. Yesterday all the Polish supporters that we encountered were unbelievably nice and friendly and kept asking for photos to be taken with my Son and his friend who were both kitted out in GP Caps, t-shirts, air horns and flags (Swedish and USA), which made their day. I shouldn't have made such sweeping statements and yet I did so for that I am sorry.

A few weeks ago I offended many people on here for calling Gollob an animal. I am still not his greatest fan but yesterday I could not help but marvel at his ability and bravery when finding gaps that just weren't there, right by the fence (particularly on turn 4 where I was sitting) and I must admit to feeling gutted for him when his machinery was the only thing that, in all probability, was going to beat him.

Anyway, I had a far more positive experience this year and can't wait for next years GP already and to top it all off, I took two first timers yesterday and they want to getinto league Speedway so that they can understand the sport better and see 'those nutty geezers riding around at full pelt with no bleedin' brakes'.

I think the large majority of people anywhere are ok. I was in Manchester when the football European Championships were on, a group of Croatian fans happily let me take their photo in their chequered red and white shirts. We were near Poles in Cardiff last night, they were there to enjoy it, that's all.

And some of the Poles near me were a pain in the a*** - blocking the view of people behind them by standing mid race, so p*****d some could hardly move, waving flags in people's faces before the end of the race. If they had been British we would have been decrying the atate of the nation. The British bloke next to me was really friendly, the Poles in front of me were very nice and waved their flags at the end of the races. There are people of every nationality who can't hold their drink or who take it too far. Drink is a great loosener, helps the occasion, but getting paralytic at a sporting event you've come to watch - why?

And some of the Poles near me were a pain in the a*** - blocking the view of people behind them by standing mid race, so p*****d some could hardly move, waving flags in people's faces before the end of the race. If they had been British we would have been decrying the atate of the nation. The British bloke next to me was really friendly, the Poles in front of me were very nice and waved their flags at the end of the races. There are people of every nationality who can't hold their drink or who take it too far. Drink is a great loosener, helps the occasion, but getting paralytic at a sporting event you've come to watch - why?

It's a sporting event, not Eastenders, so I, and many other will jump around while watching. Is it only speedway where people sit down to watch and then moan about those in front of them standing?

If you want to sit all night, buy front row tickets, or watch at home on the tele (once Eastenders if over), or accept some people are a litle more passionate than you and like to move around while supporting "thier" riders.

It's a sporting event, not Eastenders, so I, and many other will jump around while watching. Is it only speedway where people sit down to watch and then moan about those in front of them standing?

If you want to sit all night, buy front row tickets, or watch at home on the tele (once Eastenders if over), or accept some people are a litle more passionate than you and like to move around while supporting "thier" riders.

I go to a sporting event to watch the sport not some bloke's back. Or should I jump about regardless of others. Being passionate is one thing, being an inconsiderate prat is another. I wouldn't waste electricity on Eastenders by the way - I suppose you're a big fan then!

Last year when I attended the GP, my night was ruined by a few inconsiderate Polish fans whose behaviour was out of order in front of my 7 year old son. I made some comments (can't remember them all tbh) that would have appeared to tar all Polish fans with the same brush which (because I let my emotions get the better of me) were all wrong. Yesterday all the Polish supporters that we encountered were unbelievably nice and friendly and kept asking for photos to be taken with my Son and his friend who were both kitted out in GP Caps, t-shirts, air horns and flags (Swedish and USA), which made their day. I shouldn't have made such sweeping statements and yet I did so for that I am sorry.

A few weeks ago I offended many people on here for calling Gollob an animal. I am still not his greatest fan but yesterday I could not help but marvel at his ability and bravery when finding gaps that just weren't there, right by the fence (particularly on turn 4 where I was sitting) and I must admit to feeling gutted for him when his machinery was the only thing that, in all probability, was going to beat him.

Anyway, I had a far more positive experience this year and can't wait for next years GP already and to top it all off, I took two first timers yesterday and they want to getinto league Speedway so that they can understand the sport better and see 'those nutty geezers riding around at full pelt with no bleedin' brakes'.

Nice one CMV06 :) Glad you and your new 'speedway fans to be' enjoyed it.Gollob was immense wasn't he?He was a nail on winner before his bike decided to die.It Takes a top man to come on and apologise so fair play to you :D

Edited by Young51

Being one of those that was 'Incensed' at your anti Gollob

post, I have to say that it takes a real man to come on

here an post the above, for that I commend you.

If the truth be told, we're probably a lot alike, in that

we wear our hearts on our sleeves.

Good for you for taking the time to post and Gollob was

something special Saturday, but that EF robbed him of the

chance to lay his Cardiff hoodoo to rest, although 12

points went a long way to achieving that anyway.

Glad you had a grand time at Cardiff, funny enough, my

lad asked me about us going next year.... have to see

how the pennies go for a while...maybe we'll fly over.

That would be my first live speedway for over 5 years,

as we don't have any speedway at all over here, just

road racing, Moto X and Trials riding, none of which

float my boat at all.

Anyhoooo... well done.

Takes a big man to do what you've done CMV06 .... respect to you!

Takes a big man to do what you've done CMV06 .... respect to you!

Well said! Would that everyone acknowledged their mistakes in such an open way. Credit to CMV06 :approve:

Nice one CMV06 :) Glad you and your new 'speedway fans to be' enjoyed it.Gollob was immense wasn't he?He was a nail on winner before his bike decided to die.It Takes a top man to come on and apologise so fair play to you :D

My God, you have actually posted something I haven't found necessary to read twice to understand :shock:

Perhaps you go all middle class outside the Premier League thread? :sad:

Or perish the thought, a southerner in disguise? :D

My God, you have actually posted something I haven't found necessary to read twice to understand :shock:

Perhaps you go all middle class outside the Premier League thread? :sad:

Or perish the thought, a southerner in disguise? :D

I say, one does apologise if one has had trouble picking up ones Scottish dialect old bean :wink: I must get round to writing that Scots to English phrasebook sometime soon Inspector71!Middle Class????!!!! Nah-common as muck mate and proud of it :D

Edited by Young51

What an idiot, Front row tickets pathetic comments. Had you been standing in front of me you would have done it for one race only. I pay money in an all seater stadium to do just that. If you must act like an idiot buy a back row ticket and thus not ruin anyone else's day

I go to a sporting event to watch the sport not some bloke's back. Or should I jump about regardless of others. Being passionate is one thing, being an inconsiderate prat is another. I wouldn't waste electricity on Eastenders by the way - I suppose you're a big fan then!

Common sense being spoken

What an idiot, Front row tickets pathetic comments. Had you been standing in front of me you would have done it for one race only. I pay money in an all seater stadium to do just that. If you must act like an idiot buy a back row ticket and thus not ruin anyone else's day

What is it with speedway fans wanting to sit down? (and age thing I guess, the average age is higher than most sports) Go and watch most other sports, even in all seater stadiums and you'll spend most of your time stood.

What is it with speedway fans wanting to sit down? (and age thing I guess, the average age is higher than most sports) Go and watch most other sports, even in all seater stadiums and you'll spend most of your time stood.

yet in football its the age thing in reverse, us oldies want to stand like the good old days and my sons moan about it, last year paid over £50 a ticket for a seat, and stood most of the games, this year paid £30 at cardiff end row and was up & down all night as people wanted to go for a drink or whatever, you just can't win