British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  

Tickets booked and hotel reserved at 7.31pm last night. They went on seetickets website at about 7.25 ish so all done in 6 mins! 1st bend N3 front row family ticket (4) plus 1 adult £135 2 rooms booked for 2 families at £166 each room for 2 nights thats £20.75 per person per night which sounds pretty cheap to me. Same hotel as this year which was fantastic, don't have to pay until arrival and get use of all facilities including outside heated pool! I have done the GP arrive same day and go home at night and its much more stressful than staying over. Really enjoyed this weekend and for those who say its too expensive etc then I would recommend booking for a few nights and saving up a few quid a week if at all possible. Makes the experience all that more enjoyable but each to their own.

Can you please tell me the hotel - pm me if you prefer thanks!

Does anyone know of a website / company etc that you can buy stadium tickets from where you can actually pick your seats? Rather than just drawing a random lot and seeing if you like them or not?

Just that this time we managed to luckily stumble upon two seats on the edge of the row which was ideal.

I wish you could pick your seats... The Czech GP and Polish GP, you can pick them. Come on Seetickets.. Give us a choice.

As for cheap hotels. Check out Laterooms.com or HRS.com

yeh its much better you can choose exactly where you want to sit.surely they should all be like this nowadays

Hotel sorted. Slap bang in the city centre, same hotel as last 4 years and the same price. Well chuffed.

Edited by Noodles

I would also like to tell the speedway fraternity about my success in securing accomodation for next year's British GP in Cardiff.

I've managed to book a room at the Ibis, I hope you are all very proud of me.

I would also like to tell the speedway fraternity about my success in securing accomodation for next year's British GP in Cardiff.

^5 ?

Fancy sitting somewhere different next year, as you can't pick your seats does anyone know what row is at the front on the lower tier?

I'm not sure how many rows they cover up. blink.gif

I have stayed at the Ibis in the centre the last few years.. Not great, but it does the Job. I am staying there again this year. £55 per night!! Booked early. Luckily I guessed the right dates!

I have stayed at the Ibis in the centre the last few years.. Not great, but it does the Job. I am staying there again this year. £55 per night!! Booked early. Luckily I guessed the right dates!

Out of interest, why do you think this hotel is Not great??

Out of interest, why do you think this hotel is Not great??

The walls are quite thin!! Can get very noisy.. Not the worst I have stayed in though.

The walls are quite thin!! Can get very noisy.. Not the worst I have stayed in though.

Good job I will have my ear defenders with me, sounds like I will need them. :P

Will see you in the looby for a drink or 3!!

Won't make the same mistake next year by buying tickets on the day. Did anyone else have problems with the cheapest tickets being sold out? Wanted to go on third or 4th bend top tier and move around-Was told on the day they would be £60-whereas last year we bought them on the day at the cheapest ticket price. Ended up paying £40 a ticket for five seats on bend two slap bang at the top at the back up against the back wall and the five of us were seperated into 2 and 3 by a pillar with another few steps to climb.-Yet look over to the third bend top tier and hundreds and hundreds of free seats. Spoilt the event to a degree but my fault I guess for buying on the day. How the hell the old lady with her walking stick and the blind gentleman managed to climb that high I have no idea.

Edited by Nevs

Will see you in the looby for a drink or 3!!

You may no doubt see me in the lobby for a swift half, although I do not usually arrive down in Cardiff until late on Friday night as I have to wait for my girlfriend finishing work. :cry: