British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Shaleshifter

Plymouth Devils Vs Bournemouth Buccaneers

Cant see a thread for this meeting so here goes.

The Buccaneers travel to the ST Bonnaface Arena tommorow with thier new look line-up hoping to pick up points against the Devils.

This will be my first trip to Plymouth sice 2006 and iam looking forward to seeing how the facilities have improved and the race strip also

What are your thoughts on this meeting?

Goodness me: for the second time in three days the Buccs concede a 5-1c in heat 15 to lose a bonus point... :oops::cry:

I do hope those two bonus points won't prove crucial at the end of the campaign... :blink:

Well after driving through some heavy downpours on route to Devon not to mention the traffic i arrived at the ST-Bonaface Arena to a glorious sunny evening perfect for speedway.

The racing from heat 1 through to heat 15 was brilliant with both sides giving everyting only slight criticism was the dust coming up i think the track could have been watered more.

Bournemouth's downfall was through not being able to match the excellant Nicki-Glanz and Seemond-Stephens who were gating well but were also using thier track craft to come from the back.

Also Jamie-Pickard abd Matt-Bates were on good form. Dissapointing for the Bucks as a last heat 5-1 would have earnt them a draw.

Edited by Shaleshifter

Well after driving through some heavy downpours on route to Devon not to mention the traffic i arrived at the ST-Bonaface Arena to a glorious sunny evening perfect for speedway.

The racing from heat 1 through to heat 15 was brilliant with both sides giving everyting only slight criticism was the dust coming up i think the track could have been watered more.

Bournemouth's downfall was through not being able to match the excellant Nicki-Glanz and Seemond-Stephens who were gating well but were also using thier track craft to come from the back.

Also Jamie-Pickard abd Matt-Bates were on good form. Dissapointing for the Bucks as a last heat 5-1 would have earnt them a draw.

Yeah nicki glanz's track craft was somthing else, throwing the bike about in heat one because he wasnt first and taking down Aaron baseby! Oh wait and again by stuffing jerran in the fence in heat 15. If you cant beat them, knock them off!

Also great to see that the referee was unable to count in the reserve change arguement "referee wasnt officially notified" great cover up. Unsettling the already nervous buccs riders in heat 14.

And also Simmonds testing his bikes,

On track in between heats - giving himself an unfair advantage.

Oh well bad luck - again, lets hope

There isnt any on the 22nd when the home double header takes place.

Yeah nicki glanz's track craft was somthing else, throwing the bike about in heat one because he wasnt first and taking down Aaron baseby! Oh wait and again by stuffing jerran in the fence in heat 15. If you cant beat them, knock them off!

Also great to see that the referee was unable to count in the reserve change arguement "referee wasnt officially notified" great cover up. Unsettling the already nervous buccs riders in heat 14.

And also Simmonds testing his bikes,

On track in between heats - giving himself an unfair advantage.

Oh well bad luck - again, lets hope

There isnt any on the 22nd when the home double header takes place.

So, no sour grapes at all then :neutral:

'Taking down Aaron Baseby' involved eating a ton of shale himself. 'Stuffing Jerran in the fence in Heat 15' similarly implies intent, does it not? From the angle that I viewed the incident I cannot comment; however the incident took place right in front of the referee's box and I don't recall any warnings or fines handed out for dangerous riding. Don't know where you were standing, but my view of the Heat 15 incident from Bend 1/2 was that there was minimal contact and that while the referee might have considered all 4 back, Jerran did himself no favours by making absolutely no attempt to clear the track and was presumably exclu.. sorry 'disqualified' for that.

Yes, we also wondered about Mark's foray onto the track after his earlier engine failure. I assume the referee fined him an appropriate sum.

I would like to thank both teams for a great evening's entertainment with never more than 4 points between the teams until after Heat 15 :approve: