British Speedway Forum
Killer Cat from Mars

Dudley Heathens Vs Buxton Hitmen - Tuesday 14th September

I saw someone being held back by others, so someone was trying to 'go at it'

OK. Near the office? It must have picked up a bit once I was safely out of range. :)

Congrats to Buxton. We were well beaten and if anything the score flatters us a little.

Agree with this. We were lucky to stay so close, only due to Buxton's R/R and the injury early on to Dallaway.

What a fantastic performance from the Buxton boys tonight. They all rode their socks off and throughly deserved their win. It was a great meeting to watch too and I have to rank that my favourite meeting of the season so far.

On this point, I dont know what the other Heathens fans thought, but my opinion is that the actual racing in this meeting was probably the worst I've seen all season. With a few riders unable to handle the heavy track, it contributed to too many races being spread out affairs. Maybe my standards are pretty high now after some wonderfully entertaining action all year.

So looking ahead to the Second Leg, it's a shame it's not as finely balanced as I'd have hoped. Around a 6 point lead for the Heathens would have made for a very tight affair. Psychologically, our boys have a huge task now and will need their best away performance of the year to go and win there.

Working on a round target figure of 50 points, then I'd say we need to be looking for something like these kind of scores from our 1-7. Some might perform above their average and some below of course, but let's hope they're all up for it.

Smart 10, Dyer 7, Perry 7, Anderson 8, Evans 8, Morris 6, Franklin 4

Once again a very entertaining meeting apart form the terrace fracas at the end.

these so called spedway fans started pushing and shoveing near to a young lady who had a small baby in a pram and

should be ashamed of themselfs they have no place at speedway they should be banned icon_evil.gif well done Buxton a great result with only five riders biggrin.gif

I walked past two blokes arguing on the steps close to the office; can't have been that, surely? Hardly a fracas (on reflection it was barely an argument).

I saw someone being held back by others, so someone was trying to 'go at it'

OK. Near the office? It must have picked up a bit once I was safely out of range. smile.gif

Right i'm gonna ask the question straight out.

If anyone here knows or seen the lout that grabbed me by the throat, threw me to the floor & pinned me down whilst hurling abuse please PM me or contact Nigel Pearson at Dudley with any information.

The actions of this individual we're entirely unprovoked.

This individual needs to be cast out of the sport which we love, there is no place in speedway for thugs like him

Thank you.

CC

Edited by colincooke

Well, clearly that's either an entirely different incident to the one I saw (which from memory contained a mention of Belle Vue?) or it escalated once I had gone past. So I'm sorry to say that I have nothing useful to contribute in that case.

Colin, did you speak to a steward or enlist any witnesses? I know the rational things don't exactly leap to the forefront of our minds at times when we feel our safety is in danger.

First visit to Monmore Green to see racing at this level. I was not disappointed and the standard was a real advert for NL league knockers.

I had no idea they had Start Tarts in NL racing! Might have to pencil in a couple of third tier meetings next trip - can't wait to see them National League Knockers!!

If anyone here knows or seen the lout that grabbed me by the throat, threw me to the floor & pinned me down whilst hurling abuse please PM me or contact Nigel Pearson at Dudley with any information.

This individual needs to be cast out of the sport which we love, there is no place in speedway for thugs like him

Thank you.

CC

Absolutely disgusted that this could happen in our sport. I fully endorse your sentiments, Col. (with the obvious exception of the mis-placed apostrophe)

Edited by BigFatDave

Thank you.

CC

'Fraid I can't help. As I said, all I saw was some youth being held back by a bloke. Wasn't near enough to hear anything said and I only looked for a couple of seconds. Doubt I'd recognise anyone again either. Sorry.

Edited by squall

On this point, I dont know what the other Heathens fans thought, but my opinion is that the actual racing in this meeting was probably the worst I've seen all season. With a few riders unable to handle the heavy track, it contributed to too many races being spread out affairs. Maybe my standards are pretty high now after some wonderfully entertaining action all year.

Heathen79, I was referring to the fact we won and the spirit it was done in(two men down, backs against the wall, away from home against a team on top form), as being my favourite meeting of the season. Agreed, the racing was strung out at times, and the track appeared difficult, but I got the impression that the Dudley riders were just up against a better team than they had ridden recently, and were taken a little by surprise, so maybe their overtaking moves just weren't working as effectively because the Hitmen were quick and wise to the moves? Only an opinion - but seeing as we're going to race each other 1000 times before the end of the season, it should be fascinating to see how the Hitmen's next visit transpires.

Edited by Killer Cat from Mars

On this point, I dont know what the other Heathens fans thought, but my opinion is that the actual racing in this meeting was probably the worst I've seen all season. With a few riders unable to handle the heavy track, it contributed to too many races being spread out affairs.

I disagree mate. I think that's looking, if only half-heartedly, for some sort of excuse. There was nothing wrong with the track. We met a team that were sharper from the gate most of the night and quicker out in front than most visitors this season. The like of Perry, Morris and Franklin found it more difficult to come from behind, although they all did okay. That coupled with poor showings from Smart, Evans and Anderson, for whatever the varied reasons, meant that the Heathens weren't coming through from the back as they have in virtually every other home meeting (the Mildenhall meeting that never was being the exception).

Anyway, onwards and upwards. We've got a league fixture to win this week. :approve:

Thank you.

CC

Thank you.

CC

Sorry about that!

So, here we are getting the great name of the 'Heathens' back on track and some idiot seems intent on putting us back where we were 14 years ago. This is not the first time this season either, there was a 'fracas' of some sort at the Mildenhall match as well as I recall. If any Dudley Fan can name and shame this individual then you'll be doing us all a favour when we ask for him to be banned from the Stadium.

Obviously all alledged at the moment, but if found true with substance, this is really bad news for a club who has been offered grace from Wolverhampton and Birmingham to operate ?

:(

Obviously all alledged at the moment, but if found true with substance, this is really bad news for a club who has been offered grace from Wolverhampton and Birmingham to operate ?

sad.gif

not alleged in any way whatsoever.

not alleged in any way whatsoever.

Beg your pardon, Col, you're still concussed perhaps, but YOU'VE alleged what happened took place, and being a Bees fan and notorious Pirates-slagger-offer your statement is obviously open to question. I think stansolo has worded it correctly.

A bit gutted to read this to be honest but as we all know it's unfortunately the case that on occasion one or two individuals cause trouble it ends up being the club that gets a bad name. Hopefully it's all sorted to a satisfactory conclusion.

Slightly disappointed with the comment by stansolo. We are, of course, grateful for the opportunity afforded us by Wolves/B'ham but lets not forget it wasn't so long ago that a B'ham fan caused a spot of bother up at Sheffield. As I said, unfortunately these things happen from time-to-time but it's down to the actions of individuals not the clubs as a whole.

A bit gutted to read this to be honest but as we all know it's unfortunately the case that on occasion one or two individuals cause trouble it ends up being the club that gets a bad name. Hopefully it's all sorted to a satisfactory conclusion.

Slightly disappointed with the comment by stansolo. We are, of course, grateful for the opportunity afforded us by Wolves/B'ham but lets not forget it wasn't so long ago that a B'ham fan caused a spot of bother up at Sheffield.

This was just someone clumsily opening a bottle of champagne, not grabbing someone by the throat!