British Speedway Forum
speedy bill

Henning Loof

SEEN AT buxton today, now married to a english girl.can he now ride in national league. :rolleyes:

Hope not he's German isnt he?

Hope not he's German isnt he?

So German nationals are barred from competing in British speedway - are they?

So German nationals are barred from competing in British speedway - are they?

Yes, in the NL. You have to be British or 1 of the 10 Commonwealth riders allowed.

Yes, in the NL. You have to be British or 1 of the 10 Commonwealth riders allowed.

Thanks for the info, Shawn. I didn't know that. It's a really good rule though.

Regards,

Ron.

SEEN AT buxton today, now married to a english girl.can he now ride in national league. :rolleyes:

I don't think that was a consideration in their marriage. :rolleyes:

Ithink the EU may have something to say about their citizens not being allowed to compete.

We have known Henning and his wife for some time now so let me put the record straight here before the gossip's start spreading their stuff, Henning did not get married to an English girl so he could ride in the national league.

However as no premier league promoter has given Henning a chance since he last raced in the PL in 2008 why shouldn't he be given a team place in the NL?

He has lived in the UK on a permanent basis for well over 5 years, works for the local government and as far as everyone who knows him is concerned he is "one of us". Since he is married to a Brit correct me if i'm wrong but Henning is now entitled to a UK passport and citizenship which would allow him to ride in the National league as stated in the SCB rulebook.

I may be accused of being biased towards Henning but I can tell you this, There is now other rider we have worked with that is as loyal and committed as "Herman" he is the unsung Mr nice guy of Speedway and we believe he would do a good job in the National League. I know the purpose of the NL is to bring on the British kids but Henning would be the first to offer his help and advise to any youngster's.

We will be fighting Henning's corner on this one until we get him a NL team :)

Since he is married to a Brit correct me if i'm wrong but Henning is now entitled to a UK passport and citizenship

Once these particular credentials are in place there can surely be no reason why Henning, as a British citizen, cannot ride in the National League.

I cannot imagine he would either return to Germany or pack his equipemnt up and be unable to ride before the season has ended either. I have come to know Henning Loof quite well over the last few months and endorse all that Sarah Lapworth has said in her posting.

100% trier thats for sure. I hope he is able to obtain a team place and I think he would be a superb asset to any NL side.

Malcolm Vasey

Having known Henning since his days riding for Brokstedt i agree 100% that he is a great guy.But one thing....no-one suggested he married an english girl to ride in the NL.Someone seemed to have put words in someone elses mouth :unsure: And another slight worry here is that the NL is not really the place for a rider who isn't going anywhere....imo i would rather see a young Dane,Aussie or Swede who will develope rather than someone who didn't really make it as a professional take up a spot.But on the other side if he really can help others improve then he will be an asset to a team.Firstly he actually has to decide to change his nationality and personally as someone who has done the opposite journey,it isn't a thing i would contemplate and wonder about people who do.....That is just me though.Different strokes for different folks.Glad to see that Henning is happy though.Good on ya :)

Having known Henning since his days riding for Brokstedt i agree 100% that he is a great guy.But one thing....no-one suggested he married an english girl to ride in the NL.Someone seemed to have put words in someone elses mouth :unsure: And another slight worry here is that the NL is not really the place for a rider who isn't going anywhere....imo i would rather see a young Dane,Aussie or Swede who will develope rather than someone who didn't really make it as a professional take up a spot.But on the other side if he really can help others improve then he will be an asset to a team.Firstly he actually has to decide to change his nationality and personally as someone who has done the opposite journey,it isn't a thing i would contemplate and wonder about people who do.....That is just me though.Different strokes for different folks.Glad to see that Henning is happy though.Good on ya :)

It was implied by the rolling eyes smiley in the first post, or thats how it comes across..

Funniest thing ive heard all day. Did you stalk them at Buxton? (PATHETIC)

What a peculiar post. Completely loses me. Perhaps that's not too difficult.

Malcolm Vasey

i did not stalk anyone i was not at Buxton but a friend who was told me they know mr loof i dont i was just asking a question :blink:

Edited by bw double

Guest lee #77

There is now other rider we have worked with that is as loyal and committed as "Herman"

Oh really hmmmm.......