British Speedway Forum
covlad459

Coventry 99 % Certain To Be In Elite Next Season Acording To Sandu

Spot on lets all hope we can have a few positive and constructive comments whilst the winder up in chief is away on his holiday.

That assumes its a one way street as far as the pathetic winding up posts go on this subject

Sadly its not the case and the dozens of others (in fairness mainly from Coventry) who bite are just as bad and feed him

If you all ignored him he might just go away as far as this subject is concerned

Who knows what there plans were?

Im not so sure they didnt declare an intent.

No, i DIDNT say they werent lined up for the PL at all. Dont put words in my mouth !!!!

I just stated it that there was a mention of possibly 2 other 2 teams coming up pre AGM if rules are regs made it feasible - and lo and behold 2 teams HAVE come into the EL for this year!

Your asking me to try and make sense of any BSPA announcement??!!!!! :P

We can all only assume the money played a part in the decision - but to say its the ONLY reason isnt correct surely.

Clearly, after the AGM, King's Lynn were listed in the Premier League. Their elevation was due to Coventry and Peterborough going out. So WE do know what their intent and plans were. They were lined up to start in the PL 2011. I am not saying money was involved, but I heavily suspect it. Ipswich, Peterborough and other well publicised financial losses incurred would tell me that I would not want a business in the EL, unless they made more losses in the PL! In the balance of probability a financial incentive to be in the EL is more likely than heavier losses in the PL.

Geography has never been his strong point. Thats coming from a Coventry fan!!! :D Anywhere outside the Coventry area and there lost!! They needed a compass and a sat nav to find Poole! :D

I thought he was talking about KL not Poole. Shocking that someone should discuss something other than Poole. Has it ever happened before?

To Knick the Cradley Slogan here... 'Coventry needs Poole needs Coventry. Whatever else would you all talk about? :wink: This big fall out is IMO the aftermath of the past two seasons of arguements between the promoters at these clubs, which has been picked up by the fans and is replayed on here.

What I don't get is why people seem to think Steve Shovlar is the anti Christ? Some of the things like the videos and jokes made about him are far more offensive.

Edited by superguest

I think its Discusting that some are talking about one of our fans, a Speedway fan and a family man the way they are. Im very sure if the boot was on the other foot they would be chucking toys dummies and bed linen out of their pram big time.

Talk speedway, but leave personal insults out of posts.

Steve can be a total wind up merchant but I think a lot of these posts are well over the top. Sure throw the Poole insults around if you so wish...that's all part of the 'fun'...but personal insults are against forum rules for a good reason.

Steve can be a total wind up merchant but I think a lot of these posts are well over the top. Sure throw the Poole insults around if you so wish...that's all part of the 'fun'...but personal insults are against forum rules for a good reason.

We do the same Lupus, throw Coventry insults around,we know theres no love lost between the two clubs but we don't get personal.This is Speedway, not Football.

Well said Lupus AND Starman2006.

Edited by Bryn