British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
atherfield

Dirt Track Riders Association

Hi,

Can anyone tell me when the Vetern Dirt Track Riders association changed its name to the Vetern Speedway Riders Association which in 2006 became the World Speedway Riders Associaton?

Hi,

Can anyone tell me when the Vetern Dirt Track Riders association changed its name to the Vetern Speedway Riders Association which in 2006 became the World Speedway Riders Associaton?

The VSRA was "Formed in 1957 by the late Peter Arnold" as inscribed in the membership book which is issued to members.

The VSRA was "Formed in 1957 by the late Peter Arnold" as inscribed in the membership book which is issued to members.

thanks for reply but the first association which was formed in 1957 was the Vetern Dirt Track Riders Association this later became the Vetern Speedway Riders Association and later still became the World Speedway Riders Association. It is the date of the change from Dirt Track Riders to Vetern Speedway Riders that I'm looking for. I know it was still the Dirt Track Riders in 1979 as I have a membership card.

Hi trackie, Pretty sure it changed in Ron Hoare's time as secretary 1982 - 2001. Can confirm it was still "Dirt Track Riders" in 1984, (unless they were just using old cards up) :oops: Had changed to "Speedway Riders" in '94 but will have to see if any more old cards turn up to narrow it down a bit :lol: . Have to say though, it is viewed as the same Association when listing past Presidents and Secretaries.

Hi trackie, Pretty sure it changed in Ron Hoare's time as secretary 1982 - 2001. Can confirm it was still "Dirt Track Riders" in 1984, (unless they were just using old cards up) :oops: Had changed to "Speedway Riders" in '94 but will have to see if any more old cards turn up to narrow it down a bit :lol: . Have to say though, it is viewed as the same Association when listing past Presidents and Secretaries.

Hi, Thanks, I can now narrow it down a bit futher as I still have a "vsra" membership card dated 1990 so it must have been some time between 1984 and 1990