British Speedway Forum

I've just watched the Wolves Poole match on sky and they had a wet track to start with as well. The racing was just as strung out as it was yesterday at Leicester. I've followed speedway, on and off, for about forty years and I can honestly say that I've never seen a really exciting meeting, close racing with loads of passing, on a wet track. What do you people expect?

Any regular visitor to Leicester will be aware that the racing has improved over the last three meetings, getting better each time with more passing and closer races. The last three or four heats yesterday were closer and I think the riders were gaining confidence as the track dried out. We'll never know, but I think that the racing in the finals would have got better and better had it stayed dry.

As for those claiming Leicester had a home track advantage! Well some of the visiting riders have had more laps around BP than our new boys Neimenen and Karlson, and Bodarenko had a big lay off due to injury, so I don't see where the advantage comes from. It's not like they've ridden it for a few years - or even half a season!

I must admit that the muddy banks could do with sorting and I'm surprised they haven't been covered with mill waste, that would certainly make it better than it is now.

All of the problems spoiling the experience have come from one source .... the rain!!!

Might be better off putting the mill waste on the track.

I know quite a few riders from various teams personally and they all hate it. Wrong shape!

Glyn Taylor has even been on here and said its all wrong!

Been twice now and won't return until they change the shape of the bloody thing!

Without doubt the worst speedway meeting I have had the misfortune to attend in the last 25 years.

I went to the Bears league meeting there and that wasn't much better.

Don't wait until the end of the season to change the shape of the inside line. Close for 2 weeks and do it before its too late!

Strange from someone who put this last time at beaumont park

Whats wrong with the shape?

Just asking out of curiosity.

I hope the track gets sorted ASAP because everything else looked really good last night.

Oh wait the Bears won that one :rolleyes: Like I said all the most of the moaners on here are from sides who didn't make the final. I honestly thought with the conditions, how good Lyons has been round BP and his / Havelock's experience you'd be nailed on but it didn't happen. Try reading back through the Lions V Bears thread you'll not find any mention of worst racing in 25 years even though i'm sure the racing was just as processional that day but it's ok if there happens to be Juul or Lyons at the front hey ???

As most of your fans on the back straight were singing "we only sing when we're winning" :rolleyes:

If people don't like Beaumont Park don't come it's simple no-one forces you.

My mum made me eat cabbage 40 years ago I hated the stuff... guess what I've never bothered again ;)

Not all riders hate it it would appear

There was no blank canvas. The width was determaned by the football pitches that will be behind the stands at the front of the stadium.

Ask a few riders about the shape

Ty Proctor.... What problem.

Magnus.... Love it.

Kauko.... Tech track makes you think but I really like it.

Kenny Inglles.... Man I loved it.

What do they and speedflash aka Glyn know though :angry:

Edited by bornagainlion

the only thing wrong on sunday was trying to bloody park it was a pain if there going to hold events like that they need to sort it out i spoke to a few away fans and they were mad as hell.and can some one tell mr popple to sort him self out every time he gets things wrong if its not the programe it the 50/50 tickets is he blind or what

Good comments, the corner banks give a good view but it was perilous walking around.

FWIW I don't think it's right to criticise the track after yesterday. Yes, the racing was non-existent but after the rain it took I don't believe any track in the country would be any different.

The Popple person was unbelievably annoying, now sitting at number 2 in my list of annoying centre green announcers, behind Porkie at Wolves. I didn't need to be called a 'methanol fan' in between each heat, along with constant reminders of how we were watching 'great racing' and 'fantastic speedway', when we clearly weren't seeing anything of the sort. I understand that these people have to big up the action but please don't treat us as idiots.

your right he is a pain in the arse he never gets anything right

3rd time at Leicester and by far the worst (regardless of the rain)... £20 for 12 gate and go heats...lots of fannying around and poor presentation... And to top it off... my white shoes were ruined :rolleyes:

Seriously wish we had stuck with our original plan of going straight home from Plymouth :sad:

white shoes so gay

your right he is a pain in the arse he never gets anything right

Would have been nice if the Popple fella had understood the format of the meeting in advance. I do not need his cliche ridden banter, what I needed was him finding a rider to interview during the rain breaks and interview them, rather than run off for a cuppa in the dry as most of us fans were unable to do this

Would have been nice if the Popple fella had understood the format of the meeting in advance. I do not need his cliche ridden banter, what I needed was him finding a rider to interview during the rain breaks and interview them, rather than run off for a cuppa in the dry as most of us fans were unable to do this

Hi he does make a lot of mistakes theres got to be someone better i could do a better job he sould knoe the race programe before it starts he must just turn up and start.

white shoes so gay

Sarah a lesbian? That's me having nightmares for a month :lol:

hold on, when we're you and Sarah in a relationship? :blink:;)

Edited by spin king junior

sorry did not know that you were female should have looked at you file

Get a haircut before I convert you :wink:

sorry did not know that you were female should have looked at you file

Now you're confusing me with a female Rye House fan from Berwick. Not been the best of mornings for you :P:lol:

Get a haircut before I convert you :wink:

Now you're confusing me with a female Rye House fan from Berwick. Not been the best of mornings for you :P:lol:

i think i will go back to bed

I can vouch she most certainly is not!! ;)

She's a lot more fussy that than SKJ!!

Now you're confusing me with a female Rye House fan from Berwick.

Not long until the PLRC... She has a long memory!!!! :rofl:

I can vouch she most certainly is not!! ;)

She's a lot more fussy that than SKJ!!

BOOM

They say an elephant never forgets... (She's going to kill me anyway, so I may aswell make it worth it :wink:)