British Speedway Forum
Doctorwu

At Last The News We Have Been Waiting For

It was released by the BSPA but is a joint statement. "THE BSPA and Coventry and Peterborough are delighted to announce" so presumably took the talents of all three to draft. :lol:

Whoever it was it's appalling, repetitive and appalling.

I suppose this lull after the stormy winter was only to be expected, however, are we about to see any of the content of the agreement, a new rule book and details of the arbitration setup and procedures?

I'm not intending to restart the vitriol but it does seem a shame after all that kicking, scratching and blood letting to know so little of what it was all for and whether it was indeed good for the future of the sport in the UK? Only by seeing at least some of the detail can we begin to make a reasoned judgement, not that we're much good at that here these days eh? :lol:

Edited by Mylor

We wont see any detail Sandhu's statement on the bees web site says that details of the settlement "had to remain private" so the only detail we will get to know about will be the rule changes and a few details that get leaked out but I suspect we will never get the full story.

And I know why it has to remain private. Because bribery is a part of the sport.

The BSPA statement says "Trump admits he said things which could have been AVOIDED."

It should have said "Trump admits he made claims that were unfounded and we would like to make it clear that allegations made by Trump against BSPA and it's members are untrue."

But they can't say that because the BSPA is as bent as a Barrymore barbecue.

And I know why it has to remain private. Because bribery is a part of the sport.

The BSPA statement says "Trump admits he said things which could have been AVOIDED."

It should have said "Trump admits he made claims that were unfounded and we would like to make it clear that allegations made by Trump against BSPA and it's members are untrue."

Is that the same BSPA that has C & P in membership now? :wink::shock:

Is that the same BSPA that has C & P in membership now? :wink::shock:

That's the one. Did you think I meant the British Skewbald and Piebald Association?

I don't get your point.

Edited by ImpartialOne

Lets take BSPA on that BBC programme, you can be Uri Geller.

The news we have all been waiting for....

Swindon have a league point!! :cheers:

That's the one. Did you think I meant the British Skewbald and Piebald Association?

I don't get your point.

Your comments re 'the BSPA', by definition mean 'all promoters', unless you clarify your point more succinctly! :neutral:

Your comments re 'the BSPA', by definition mean 'all promoters', unless you clarify your point more succinctly! :neutral:

No it doesn't. It means the association.

I happen to like Jon Cook so does that mean I have to like BSPA?

No it doesn't. It means the association.

I happen to like Jon Cook so does that mean I have to like BSPA?

But surely an association is made up of members of which Jon Cook is one. So are you saying Cook is, in your words, bent?

I think what was meant was that the entire Old Boys Network which make up the BSPA and which includes the promoters of all clubs are a closed shop organisation.

The farce that this winter served up shows that the fans cannot trust any of the promoters (ie the BSPA - it's the same thing!) to self-police the sport... It's clearly why a fully independent body is required to run the sport, which has no ties, allegiances or financial obligations and/or interests to any single promotion.

Edited by BongoBrian

I think what was meant was that the entire Old Boys Network which make up the BSPA and which includes the promoters of all clubs are a closed shop organisation.

The farce that this winter served up shows that the fans cannot trust any of the promoters (ie the BSPA - it's the same thing!) to self-police the sport... It's clearly why a fully independent body is required to run the sport, which has no ties, allegiances or financial obligations and/or interests to any single promotion.

Please excuse me while I put my head above the 'cloud' and watch that 'cuckoo land'! :rofl:

Edited by Bomo1

But surely an association is made up of members of which Jon Cook is one. So are you saying Cook is, in your words, bent?

No I am not. Surely you can see the difference?

No I am not. Surely you can see the difference?

In one breath you are saying the BSPA is bent, then in the next breath you are saying, well perhaps not all of them. Make your mind up