British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
pompey

British Gp 3d

Greetings

Just enquiring if anyone on the forum will be watching in 3D tonight?

If so let us know your thoughts!

Live and HD for me at 2am Sunday morning, not listed on the 3D channel so good job I didn't buy a new tv!

Mike

The 3D footage we filmed at Coventry on Monday along with some bits we got from practice is very impressive and I will be very interested to hear fans view on the coverage. You will be having the brilliant Jonathan Greene and super Aussie Steve Johnston as your hosts for the evening . Look out for the 3D wheelies and the shale flying from back wheels

Just bought a 51in 3D tv and really looking forward to tonight. We were going to Cardiff but have decided to take the 3D coverage instead. Will miss the social side of the day which for me is special. So hope you all have a great day.

I too hope everyone has a great day. Wish i was there.

Also will not be watching in 3d, got to make do with my laptop!

I too hope everyone has a great day. Wish i was there.

Also will not be watching in 3d, got to make do with my laptop!

Like you, i'm just so grateful to have the opportunity to watch on my computer from the speedway wasteland (TV wise) of the USA. Thank god for streaming. :cheers:

Alan.

Loved the 3D coverage, it certainly was different.Only one problem for me was it seemed a little dark and i had to have the brightness up to nearly maximum. Well done to Sky especially as it was the first motor sport to be in 3D.Just hope the World cup and the other GPs will also be shown in 3D.

To be honest though we are all just lucky to be able to see speedway on TV.

How does this 3d work, maybe flagrag can explain? There looked to me to be mixture of the standard 2d hd cameras in the normal positions like up high on home straight on outside of bends and in the pits etc, with the larger 3d cameras on the centre green and one on home straight, so on the 3d channel are only the 3d cameras used or do they flick between the 3d and 2d footage?

How does this 3d work, maybe flagrag can explain? There looked to me to be mixture of the standard 2d hd cameras in the normal positions like up high on home straight on outside of bends and in the pits etc, with the larger 3d cameras on the centre green and one on home straight, so on the 3d channel are only the 3d cameras used or do they flick between the 3d and 2d footage?

Great coverage from Sky in 3D, I really enjoyed it. The nearest thing to be being there, if you can't make it.

I wonder if one-day all speedway will be in 3D?

Great coverage from Sky in 3D, I really enjoyed it. The nearest thing to be being there, if you can't make it.

I wonder if one-day all speedway will be in 3D?

It already is - at every track.

It already is - at every track.

I know if you're at the track it is. But if you can't make a meeting then 3D speedway is the next best thing.

I am very glad to hear that most fans who have the required tvs enjoyed the 3D coverage I personally thought it was very good and really brought the sport alive especially the new camera angles on the centregreen with shots down the straight made it seem that the riders were coming straight at you there was also some good 3D footgae from the start line girls who gave us lots of twirls and misses into the cameras. The trophy presentation was good as well and looked like the glitter was floting out of your screen. Overall everybody at Sky was well pleased with how it turned out and I know the 3D brand manager at Sky tv was impressed and is keen for more 3D speedway. At Cardiff we used 8 3D only cameras along with a 3D steadicam and 3D on bike camera on Holders bike which didnt work very well and needs bit of work on. We also converted shots from three 2D cameras mainly in pits and beauty shot from roof Steve Johnstone could not believe how good it was when we first showed it him.

The biggest isssue we have at the minute with 3D is at present it is filmed as a totally seperate production with own cameras,cabling,camera positions,ob trucks,broadcast links,crew,commentary so just for the 3D coverage of the speedway meant an extra 25 staff and cost around an extra 25k to do. We would like to do the World cup event but space is at a real premium so I dont think that it s going to happen this year although you may see some Elite league action later in the year.

All in all a very good busy day with over 300 staff involved in bring it to fans screens which is around the same amount of staff used for FA cup final and Carling cup final the HD coverage was as brilliant as usual and the 3D coverage seems to have gone down well

I am very glad to hear that most fans who have the required tvs enjoyed the 3D coverage I personally thought it was very good and really brought the sport alive especially the new camera angles on the centregreen with shots down the straight made it seem that the riders were coming straight at you there was also some good 3D footgae from the start line girls who gave us lots of twirls and misses into the cameras. The trophy presentation was good as well and looked like the glitter was floting out of your screen. Overall everybody at Sky was well pleased with how it turned out and I know the 3D brand manager at Sky tv was impressed and is keen for more 3D speedway. At Cardiff we used 8 3D only cameras along with a 3D steadicam and 3D on bike camera on Holders bike which didnt work very well and needs bit of work on. We also converted shots from three 2D cameras mainly in pits and beauty shot from roof Steve Johnstone could not believe how good it was when we first showed it him.

The biggest isssue we have at the minute with 3D is at present it is filmed as a totally seperate production with own cameras,cabling,camera positions,ob trucks,broadcast links,crew,commentary so just for the 3D coverage of the speedway meant an extra 25 staff and cost around an extra 25k to do. We would like to do the World cup event but space is at a real premium so I dont think that it s going to happen this year although you may see some Elite league action later in the year.

All in all a very good busy day with over 300 staff involved in bring it to fans screens which is around the same amount of staff used for FA cup final and Carling cup final the HD coverage was as brilliant as usual and the 3D coverage seems to have gone down well

Sounds like Sky thought it was a success then? That is great news if I read you right.

More 3D speedway this year now that would be brilliant. Maybe the Elite League play-offs?

When the speedway switched into 3D with the bikes going round the track, the pictures were awesome, with incredible picture detail, that you just don't get with 2D TV, it was as close as getting as possible, I think.

Many thanks too everyone at Sky for all their hard work, on Saturday, it was well worth buying my 3D TV for :t:

Stop this madness, I don't want to have to spend loads of money on a 3DTV! :lol: