British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
racers and royals

Under 21 Riders In Polish And Swedish League

Should the Elite league here introduce a compulsary u21 British rider next season ?-I was wondering if someone could post how the rules work with the u21 riders in the top flight Polish and Swedish leagues.

Should the Elite league here introduce a compulsary u21 British rider next season ?-I was wondering if someone could post how the rules work with the u21 riders in the top flight Polish and Swedish leagues.

I absolutely think the UK should have at least one UK born Under 21 in each team. I'll leave it to our respective Polish and Swedish correspondents, but i thought it was both in Poland and at least one Swedish Under 21 reserve there. You have to be patient and let them sink or swim, otherwise you get embarrassing (to the UK) World Under 21 series dominated by Poles,Russians, Swedes and Danes.

I await the blasts from the UK posters! :lol:

Regards. Alan.

I absolutely think the UK should have at least one UK born Under 21 in each team. I'll leave it to our respective Polish and Swedish correspondents, but i thought it was both in Poland and at least one Swedish Under 21 reserve there. You have to be patient and let them sink or swim, otherwise you get embarrassing (to the UK) World Under 21 series dominated by Poles,Russians, Swedes and Danes.

I await the blasts from the UK posters! :lol:

Regards. Alan.

I agree we should have one u21 british rider in each team-obviously Poland have the 2 reserves as u21 Poles but i`m not so sure that the Swedish u21 is always at reserve.

Thanks to Ghostwalker`s excellent Swedish 2012 thread i can answer my own question as regards Sweden.

1 u21 rider per line-up

can ride anywhere in team

minimum 3 rides per meeting.

Thanks to Ghostwalker`s excellent Swedish 2012 thread i can answer my own question as regards Sweden.

1 u21 rider per line-up

can ride anywhere in team

minimum 3 rides per meeting.

So both Poland and Sweden , the two strongest leagues, realise you have to give the young riders the opportunity to develop.

Then the Elite league teams grab them on a 4 and further aid their development and we then end up with only one British GP rider and for the 2012 series of the Under 21s we have ???????.

Just common sense to me. Regards. Alan.

Edited by brandonbee48

So both Poland and Sweden , the two strongest leagues, realise you have to give the young riders the opportunity to develop.

Then the Elite league teams grab them on a 4 and further aid their development and we then end up with only one British GP rider and for the 2012 series of the Under 21s we have ???????.

Just common sense to me. Regards. Alan.

yes

we also develop the aussies ahead of our own

Going slightly "off-thread" on this topic, but one of the things i love about watching Polish matches is the anticipation of watching the 4 young reserves come out for heat one and, especially on a rain affected track, seeing the "harum-scarum" antics on the first bend. I believe we have had one or two friendly bets on here about who would, or would not, exit bend 2!

On topic, the World Under 21 series shows the Poles have it right.

All the best. Alan.

2012 Individual Speedway Junior World ChampionshipFrom Wikipedia, the free encyclopediaJump to: navigation, search

2012 Individual Speedway Junior World Championship

Previous: 2011 Next: 2013

The 2012 Individual Speedway Under 21 World Championship will be the 2012 version of FIM Individual Under-21 World Championship season. First time new champion will be determined in seven finals between 21 July and November 2011.[1]

Contents

1 Qualification

2 Riders

3 Final Series

4 Classification

5 See also

6 References

[edit] QualificationMain article: 2012 Individual Speedway Junior World Championship qualification

In five Qualifying Round will started 80 riders and to Semi-Finals will qualify top 6 from each meetings. This 30 riders and 2 riders from Semi-Final' host federations will started in two Semi-Finals. The top 7 riders from both SF will automatically qualify for all Final meetings.

[edit] RidersThere will be fourteen permanent riders (riders placed 1st to 7th in both semi finals will automatically qualify for all Final meetings). Two Wild Card riders will be nominated to each final meeting (approval and nomination by CCP Bureau). Two Track Reserve riders will be nominated by national federation.

In case of the absence of one or more riders in the final meetings, the first available Qualified Substitute rider or riders will be elevated for that meeting, and take the place(s) of the relevant missing rider(s). The list of Qualified Substitute riders will be published by the CCP after the Semi Finals.

A starting position draw for each final meeting will be balloted by the FIM.

[edit] Final SeriesMain article: 2012 Individual Speedway Junior World Championship finals

# Date Venue Winners Runner-up 3rd place

1 July 21 Lendava

2 August 4 TBA

3 September 15 TBA

4 September 29 TBA

5 October 6 Pardubice

6 November TBA

7 November TBA

[edit] ClassificationThe meeting classification will be according to the points scored during the meeting (heats 1–20). The total points scored by each rider during each final meeting (heat 1–20) will be credited also as World Championship points. The FIM Speedway Under 21 World Champion will be the rider having collected most World Championship points at the end of the series. In case of a tie between one or more riders in the final overall classification, a run-off will decide the 1st, 2nd and 3rd place. For all other placings, the better-placed rider in the last final meeting will be the betterplaced rider.

Just found this, thought it would be of interest. Alan.