British Speedway Forum

I am sure we would all like to see an update on this meeting with names and scorers please. What league competition is this?

Have PM'd Jack of Diamonds with your request. He is one of the riders involved, and missed last nights meeting of the Diamonds against Berwick to get stiff and sore legs today. He'll never learn. :lol:

Have PM'd Jack of Diamonds with your request. He is one of the riders involved, and missed last nights meeting of the Diamonds against Berwick to get stiff and sore legs today. He'll never learn. :lol:

SUNDAY APRIL 22 2012

Edinburgh 62

John Murphy 10 (4), Marcin Czarkowski 11 (5), Gav Kennedy 14 (5), Colin Cairney 2 (2), Tommy Lee 12+1 (5), Dave Baxter 9+2 (5) Derek Lee 1 (1), Chic Mackie 4+1 (3)

Newcastle 88

Mikey Parr 17+2 (5), Jason Keith 17+2 (5), John Wilson 15+1 (5), Terry Kirkup 9 (4), Gavin Parr 19+1 (5), Ashie Paterson 6 (4), Fred Mitchell 3 (2), Keith Oldham 2 (1)

SUNDAY APRIL 22 2012

Edinburgh 95

Chris Lee 15+1 (4 rides), Douglas Morgan 13+1 (4), Michael Lee 17+3( 5), Marcin Czarkowski 8+2 (3), Mark Lee 12+2 (4), Calum Slight 16 (4), Paul Kelly 8 (3), Ewan Kennedy 6+1 (3)

Newcastle 55

Fred Mitchell 12 (5), Keith Dyer 3 (3), Keith Oldham 3 (2), Jimmy Smith 5 (5), Neil Magee 11+1 (5), Norman Carson 6 (5), T Kirkland 11 (3), Ashie Paterson 4 (2)

SUNDAY APRIL 22 2012

Edinburgh 62

John Murphy 10 (4), Marcin Czarkowski 11 (5), Gav Kennedy 14 (5), Colin Cairney 2 (2), Tommy Lee 12+1 (5), Dave Baxter 9+2 (5) Derek Lee 1 (1), Chic Mackie 4+1 (3)

Newcastle 88

Mikey Parr 17+2 (5), Jason Keith 17+2 (5), John Wilson 15+1 (5), Terry Kirkup 9 (4), Gavin Parr 19+1 (5), Ashie Paterson 6 (4), Fred Mitchell 3 (2), Keith Oldham 2 (1)

SUNDAY APRIL 22 2012

Edinburgh 95

Chris Lee 15+1 (4 rides), Douglas Morgan 13+1 (4), Michael Lee 17+3( 5), Marcin Czarkowski 8+2 (3), Mark Lee 12+2 (4), Calum Slight 16 (4), Paul Kelly 8 (3), Ewan Kennedy 6+1 (3)

Newcastle 55

Fred Mitchell 12 (5), Keith Dyer 3 (3), Keith Oldham 3 (2), Jimmy Smith 5 (5), Neil Magee 11+1 (5), Norman Carson 6 (5), T Kirkland 11 (3), Ashie Paterson 4 (2)

What's the average age of the Edinburgh team? I reckon adding up Chic, Johnny Murphy and Dave Baxter would make my calculator work pretty hard! I've had many long, but happy days and weekends up there whem we rode in the same league, always a friendly place to visit.

Chic is a wonder, well over 70 and still going strong. On the day before this meeting he'd been riding in a vets meeting at Coventry. Johnny won't see 69 again. We couldn't match that, but it was our first competitive meeting for over 20 years. Some of us hadn't raced since about 1970. Still the "young vets" did us proud, especially John Wilson at 53, Terry Kirkup 61 and Ashie Patterson 59. The B team, average age 56 slumped to a heavy defeat against a very young combination team. My contribution? as normal, 3 lasts!!

To see a report of the meeting and photos, go to www.edinburghfalcons.co.uk

Also of interest if you want to see the highest standard of league racing, you can see full meetings from Horspath at ....... cycle speedway.tv

I read on The Spokesman on-line that a TV production company is discussing with the sport's governing body the possibility of screenng highlights of Elite League cycle speedway matches. Does anyone know if there have been further developments?

I read on The Spokesman on-line that a TV production company is discussing with the sport's governing body the possibility of screenng highlights of Elite League cycle speedway matches. Does anyone know if there have been further developments?

I also read that the talks had been put back to a new date still to be arranged.

I also read that the talks had been put back to a new date still to be arranged.

Can't say too much as the outcome will be put out as a press release shortly, but "positive" talks have indeed now taken place

Can't say too much as the outcome will be put out as a press release shortly, but "positive" talks have indeed now taken place

Proper TV coverage, if it comes off, will be a tremendous boost for cycle speedway.

What an excellent thread this is and just goes to prove Cycle Speedway should have its place on this website and be included in the forthcoming Olympic games if only as a demonstration sport.

What an excellent thread this is and just goes to prove Cycle Speedway should have its place on this website and be included in the forthcoming Olympic games if only as a demonstration sport.

Which was something once being suggested. Still a hope that the rebuilt Eastway at Temple Mills/Ruckholt/Eton Manor after the OGs MAY contain a Cycle Speedway facility...

How international is cycle speedway?

I have seen mention of England, Poland and Australia. I believe there may be participation in Wales, Scotand, USA, Holland - not sure,

Does anyone have a full list of countries where the sport takes place please?

How international is cycle speedway?

I have seen mention of England, Poland and Australia. I believe there may be participation in Wales, Scotand, USA, Holland - not sure,

Does anyone have a full list of countries where the sport takes place please?

You have most of it covered there raceleader, Sweden, Ukraine and Russia can probably be added but at a very low level and New Zealand are just in the process of getting organised with the help of the Aussies

This is a guide into the international cycle speedway world in Europe.

http://www.cyclespeedway.eu/

JACK KEEN,

ERITH, KENT

Which was something once being suggested. Still a hope that the rebuilt Eastway at Temple Mills/Ruckholt/Eton Manor after the OGs MAY contain a Cycle Speedway facility...

Well it would be nice but I can't see it myself. We have had no support at all from anyone, whilst the British Cycling officials linked with CS push the cause those in charge (and Sky who give them the money) are only interested in medals at the OG, and as a non OG sport we count for nothing. The original idea to have a CS track built on site was rejected and we can't even gain access to do a demo.

Unfortunatly we're a minority sport and it's very difficult to get noticed. The proposed deal to get on Sky TV involves CS providing all the footage at it's own cost, to pay someone to do it is out of the question and even using our (speedway) contacts we could do with a thousand pounds per match, and for this we have to find our own sponsor. Nothing is easy I'm afraid!!!

Donations in an envelope please...................

Well it would be nice but I can't see it myself. We have had no support at all from anyone, whilst the British Cycling officials linked with CS push the cause those in charge (and Sky who give them the money) are only interested in medals at the OG, and as a non OG sport we count for nothing. The original idea to have a CS track built on site was rejected and we can't even gain access to do a demo.

Unfortunatly we're a minority sport and it's very difficult to get noticed. The proposed deal to get on Sky TV involves CS providing all the footage at it's own cost, to pay someone to do it is out of the question and even using our (speedway) contacts we could do with a thousand pounds per match, and for this we have to find our own sponsor. Nothing is easy I'm afraid!!!

Donations in an envelope please...................

Isn't the East London club planning a major event to coincide with the Olympic Games?

Isn't the East London club planning a major event to coincide with the Olympic Games?

Several clubs had applied to stage the Europen Champs, including Leicester who had the event fully sponsored. However it was allocated to East London - for all the right reasons given it's proximity to the OG - but after promising so much Newham(?) council pulled the plug and left them high and dry.

The event is now in Ipswich.

Several clubs had applied to stage the Europen Champs, including Leicester who had the event fully sponsored. However it was allocated to East London - for all the right reasons given it's proximity to the OG - but after promising so much Newham(?) council pulled the plug and left them high and dry.

The event is now in Ipswich.

Any info on what the council said in their rejection of support for the event?