British Speedway Forum

being in the series might just bring him into line

Or possible make him even worse.

Obviously there are posters on here still upset at the outcome of a certain court case but the fact is that a trial ran its course and a verdict handed down.

Upset at the behaviour that lead to the court case, sure.

Niamh

• Like 1

SOME of the facts are getting muddied by personal opinions here.

Ward couldn't for obvious reasons enter the Australian championship during the British winter which was his only route to the GP qualifiers.

Whether or not he gets a wild card will have nothing to do with arrogance but ability. The reasons behind him declining a wild card last winter are well documented but I wouldn't argue that he needs to buck his ideas up off the track.

It would do him (or Tai) no harm in looking at how Holder has "grown up" and see how much they have to loose career-wise.

However, there is no doubt in my mind that Ward is a potential World Champion, let alone just a GP rider, and that being in the series might just bring him into line.

Obviously there are posters on here still upset at the outcome of a certain court case but the fact is that a trial ran its course and a verdict handed down.

Much respect, great post.

I don't see as Darcy Ward has to answer to anybody ,certainly not Niamh.I don't know the bloke but we have all made mistakes so what!! To me he is a true pro great value and is easily in the top 10 riders in the world.Holder also to say he has grown up is a very patronising comment!! also he has made a few mistakes who hasn't? Becoming a dad does change your perspective on things but he is where he is by dedication, ability and having a great team around him.I hope Chris goes on too win the 2012 WC I just wish sky could show that GP Qualifier a great meeting in prospect I will be rooting for Batchelor and Iversen.

You mean he can carr on behaving as he is with impunity?

And I bet he shares you view that he doesn't need to answer to anybody for his behaviour.

Niamh

You mean he can carr on behaving as he is with impunity?

And I bet he shares you view that he doesn't need to answer to anybody for his behaviour.

Niamh

You've made your point, repeatedly, but others on here are allowed to disagree.

• Like 1

So it's OK for folk to sing his praises but not OK the post about his flaws.

Silly me I forgot the only riders that one can put down in here are Brits!

Niamh

• Like 1

Leaving the morals of these people aside the series needs people like Ward who is more deserving of a wild card than most of those who have and will be offered one.

He is one of the best young riders in the world arrogant or not.

The biggest problem I see is the GB factor.

Harris has began his whining campaign about how he is the best rider to represent Britain in the series and he will do the qualifier for 2014 if he is left out in 2013.

In other words please let me in for 2013!

The organisers have to be stronger and just pick riders who will give a decent account of themselves which at present excludes a Brit. Tai will grace the series eventually but let him prove it by at least qualifying.

Harris will do what he always does. Have the odd night where he shows what he is capable of but generally stinking out the series whilst whining about bikes, set ups etc.

I would love to see a Brit challenging for the top spots but until we start to take the qualifying route and get there by having to earn it we will always be also rans.

We have not got a Mark Loram or Gary Havelock anymore and Harris and Nicholls are not fit to clean the steel shoe of riders like that sadly.

Tai maybe if he keeps progressing. He has the talent and the ambition so good luck to the lad.

Excellent post.

I'm afraid Harris seems to believe his own hype and is totally delusional when it comes to the GP series. Surely nobody in their right mind thinks he deserves yet another shot? 2012 will be the 6th season he has completed in the GP series and out of those many years of charity he has so far only qualified once (having needed a wild card to get into the series in the first place). This year we've already had machinery excuses, the usual bad luck (although deciding to ride over THAT bump in Italy was an act of lunacy) and the laughable 'nobody told me about the gates' excuse a few meetings back. A year away from the series may bring the bloke back down to earth and benefit him in the long run.

It's all well and good being patrotic, but we all know the only reason a Brit gets a Wild Card every year is for the television audience, not talent. It's hugely frustrating then to watch Sky and read the various media outlets ignoring this fact and talking about Brits in the series as if they'd got there by merit. The question of whether guaranteed wild card slots are holding back British Speedway, is one of the most pressing at the moment, yet nobody with any clout seems to be willing to discuss it.

JT.

Edited by JT

So it's OK for folk to sing his praises but not OK the post about his flaws.

Silly me I forgot the only riders that one can put down in here are Brits!

Niamh

Say what you like but once is enough for the rest of us to get your view

So will everyone else stop posting how he should get a pick?

Niamh

Taking away the negative's you have over his personality would you agree he is in the Top 15 most talented riders in the world ?

EDIT - your posts on the same subject have been mutltiple, said the same thing repeatedly, other posters are just stating there stance on one occasion.

Edited by marky

He has the potential to be and if he is qualification should be a breeze.

Niamh

Based on his league form here and around the world, I think it's safe to say he's one of the top 5 riders (let alone the top 15) on the planet.

I guess from your latest post, you think all riders, Brits included, should have to go through qualification if they don't reach the top 8?

JT.

I think they should if they've turned down an invitation.

Niamh

That has some substance but last season was a one off with Poland confusing the issue. So I dont blame Ward for his refusal as he has to earn a living.

It could also be argued that an invite could be turned down by being too young or not having the sponsorship. Tai W seems to have regreted a few things about his debut GP season as he wasn't ready with experience, equipment or back up. Darcy Ward said he was too young last season.

They offered him a place last year and he told them to f**k off, so if he wants it he should now go through qualifying.

Niamh

Hes 20 years of age, he had a chance to ride in the GP or loose his place in poland? To me he did the right thing, he has plenty of time in his career to cut it with the big boys in the GP's but its a massive step up and you need to finacially secure to do it and him earning his monies in the Polish league this year will put him good stead for next year!

These kids are the future, Tai is still a kid in speedway terms they have alot to learn but throwing them into the deep end with the sharks stright away wont allways work!

Why so much hate?