British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
lucifer sam

Somerset V Scunthorpe (play-off Final, 1st Leg), Friday October 26th (7.30pm)

why my post was deleted i do not know. sam was not happy at somerset and made it quite clear to all. he will be an advantage to somerset riding for scunthorpe.. weeks before the crowd tried to help sam but he thought he knew best.

That's absolutely ridiculous. We needed a 3-pointer at no. 7 and gave it to a local boy. There was no-one available who could get a point. You can't seriously call that a weakened team. Against the usual Workington side there would not have been a problem. With Summers coming in at the last minute, it could have been tougher.

Al, I don't think some people realise how restricted the rules are for guests for the lower PL reserve. To the point that I think Steve Worrall's injury hit Newcastle more than that of Richie.

IMO there was nothing wrong with Tommy's inclusion on Friday. It would be daft getting a rider to drive across half the country (especially given the forecast) when there's a lad who lives just down the road who deserves a chance.

Right, enough of all that, back to Somerset v Scunthorpe.

All the best

Rob

Edited by lucifer sam

Should be two cracking meetings, looks fairly even to me.

My thoughts on the Sam Masters issue, well I know if I was sacked / deprived of earning money, I'd certainly give my all to make my former boss regeret their decision....could be a great choice of guest, and I bet its playing on the mind of certain people.

If Auty is fully fit and Nick Morris can improve on his previous OTA performances, I think Scunny may well shade this....just.

Only British speedway could decide that a rider who has a 2012 EL and a 2012 PL average would guest in the PL on his EL average and not his PL average.

If Sam has agreed to guest for Scunny then I have to say I`m disappointed in him. I know we released him and he has to earn a living, but it sort of feels like he`s biting the hand that`s been feeding him. I`m sure it would not have been the end of the world for him if he had said no. if he now has a good couple of meetings and the Rebels lose, I feel there may a touch of bitterness towards him for taking the booking. It`s probably me being a bit old fashioned, but I suppose that`s the way speedway works. Hope the weather holds and the Rebels pull it off.

BUT Master got sacked.....he still needs to earn money. All riders take guest bookings....Look at our own MPT he's guested for Newcastle and wait for it " Workington" who for some reason appear to hate our guts! We as fans have no say and I suppose neither has riders clubs, they are self employed. In this post I mean no offence to you or Somerset. Let both clubs go into the final and let the teams battle it out. I certainly will congratulate Somerset if they beat us! with no hard feelings and still be proud of our youngsters, who this year has battled on without David practically all season.
  • Like 3

BUT Master got sacked.....he still needs to earn money. All riders take guest bookings....Look at our own MPT he's guested for Newcastle and wait for it " Workington" who for some reason appear to hate our guts! We as fans have no say and I suppose neither has riders clubs, they are self employed. In this post I mean no offence to you or Somerset. Let both clubs go into the final and let the teams battle it out. I certainly will congratulate Somerset if they beat us! with no hard feelings and still be proud of our youngsters, who this year has battled on without David practically all season.

The thing that gets me is that masters got the sack yes but for good reason so for me is just. being spiteful by saying he wants to "haunt that club" as mentioned above

Is the M4/M5 junction still a nightmare or is it just in the summer. I am coming down the M4 and wondering if is it better to turn off before Bristol and come across country.

IF coming on the M4 .turn off onto the M32 then follow signs for the A38.[ bristol airport ]. you will pass thru bedminster. pass the airport. then thru CHUCHHILL.. its then 10 miles to the OTA. Aproxx 45 MINS FROM BRISTOL. Safe jouney.

Just read has TOM PERRY broken his thumb .tonight ..at Dudley .. will he be ridding on friday night..? hospital job..

Edited by COACHMAN
  • Like 1

Good replacement. Lewis knows his way round the Scunny track. Get well soon Tom Perry!

Get well soon Tom.

This is a season that most will be glad to see the back of. Injuries and Rain Offs must be unprecedented.

The negative part of having end-of-season play-offs is the inevitable patched up sides taking part in them. I'm sure both the Rebels and Scorpions fans will be thrilled to will the PL after the two legs are completed, but the missing riders on both sides do leave a slightly bitter after-taste.

when it comes down to the match do you not think that all riders will try their hardest, masters or no masters. he is only one. all riders, management and fans want to win, i do not think masters will even be in their minds, i say forget masters and think of what a good season both teams have had, weather excepting. all these rider will give us enjoyment. i still would want rebels to win though. we have had a season not to be forgotten and i for one do not mind paying a little extra to watch this match.

Big blow for Tom personally - to have got through the whole season injury free, then to miss out on 2 big finals must be heartbreaking for the lad. Get well soon.

Hopefully, by booking Lewis Kerr who looked more than useful when guesting for Leicester at the OTA recently, the Rebels may not be weakened too much. Good luck Lewis.

With Tom now injured I think that now means EVERY rider in the Rebels starting seven has been injured and out at some time this season,just shows again what a great effort it has been to get where we are, regardless of the final outcome, well done everyone.

Blind man where have you been are you going to make your 1St visit of the season on Friday

Where you the model for the ilfracombe statue?