British Speedway Forum
Shadders

Rye House V Berwick Pct 2nd Leg) 28th October 6pm

Not able to change a contract? Rubbish.

Len states that the admission prices havent risen for 3 years, this is incorrect as the price increased last season, making Rye House the same as most Elte tracks. I am sure this was one reason that the crowds dropped last year.

Oh dear. He's either a liar, or is losing his marbles... He also stated that all kids go free... I'm sure it says kids under 5 go free at the entrance gates, the rest pay a fiver, or has that changed?

My response has been emailed to the Mercury this evening.

Edited by Shadders

Oh dear. He's either a liar, or is losing his marbles... He also stated that all kids go free... I'm sure it says kids under 5 go free at the entrance gates, the rest pay a fiver, or has that changed?

Not taking the piss Shadders but goldfish instead of cod is a price rise as well..............isnt it. Wasnt there a price rise in the chip shop at the start of the season as well.

Bilko is the word.......!!!

Edited by seanmuffe

So there we go. Berwick next Saturday and back at Hoddesdon on Sunday. Special congratulations to one of the nicest guys in the sport Kevin Doolan who, once this competition reaches its conclusion, will have ridden in 8 of the 22 fixtures. Good luck to you mate.

• Like 1

thought it was kids 11 and under were free this year (may be wrong) - still should never have used your name in the Mercury letter though

thought it was kids 11 and under were free this year (may be wrong) - still should never have used your name in the Mercury letter though

Even so Sid, 12 to 15 year olds are still schoolchildren, so not earning. For him to say all kids are free is factually incorrect.

• Like 1

Even so Sid, 12 to 15 year olds are still schoolchildren, so not earning. For him to say all kids are free is factually incorrect.

fully agree

Can someone help me out please...I am doing a coloumn for the Berwick speedway programme and i need the following information with regards to Rye House Speedway,

Admission Price for adults, kids etc.

Programme price

Cost of parking

Rough directions to the track.

If a Rye fan could PM me these that would be most helpful.

Did it contain the phrase 'stick it up his poop chute' like your previous post?!

Did it contain the phrase 'stick it up his poop chute' like your previous post?!

Do you reckon they'd print that?

Be a better read than normal if they did.

• Like 1

Hey Chris, does uncle Len know who your potential inlaws are, he's a very brave man in my opinion. ;)

It is odd how some so called businessmen cannot take critisism. A good businessman should be able to discern any form of critisism, and take it on the chin.

• Like 1

how many people you know that could turn up with 12-15 year olds in tow and a copy of the article and demand free entry? Make sure the local rags photographer is there too, I'd love to see the look on the face!

I cant say I am surprised at Mr Silvers antics - disgusted but not surprised.

hope they give you the right of reply - would be interested to see it even if just too see the phrase poop shute in general print lol (yeah I know you are joking there)

• Like 1

Hey Chris, does uncle Len know who your potential inlaws are, he's a very brave man in my opinion. ;)

It is odd how some so called businessmen cannot take critisism. A good businessman should be able to discern any form of critisism, and take it on the chin.

. Mainly because most of the criticism is unfair. Yes he has made many mistakes far too many for someone of his experience but that said how can you take critical opinions from someone who doesn't actually attend meetings (Chris) As far as mentioning names in the press what is wrong with that? If Silver is mentioned by name so it should follow that by becoming involved then anyone with input can be named too, fact of life

Far as i am concerned he got the admission costs wrong and should abandon the rubbish programme those are my only gripes with him. The 2012 team was a decent team, no league winners but certainly good enough to make the top six then anything can happen. No way could he foresee the many injuries he had nor the retirement of Frampton. He replaced the injured Neath with arguably a better rider whose meetings for us has been limited. In Garrity and Lykke he has two excellent kids ready for next year but i see no praise for that

The track which has been the subject of many justified complaints is now devoid of dust and has produced some decent racing. He continues to have double header PL/NL meetings for no increase in admission, the three quid programme is optional. We nearly always have a second half and have now got some good kids in the NL team.

Several points raised still seem to be about what happened in 2011 where Silver can't be held responsible for what happened to Boxall no way in my opinion can he be slated for doing the decent thing and bringing Boxall back when fit. everyone knew that Doyle was a temporary measure and fair play that he honoured his agreements with riders who were the starting team. Given the amount of stick he got from so called supporters i know if i were him I would have told people if they dont want to go dont. Thats all he said but people sulk, thats it no more than that. Most Football supporters dont like their clubs owners but that doesnt mean they sulk and dont go.

As far as walking out on Rye he sold up when he wanted to for what ever the reason he was entitled to do so and quite clearly without his involvement today there would be no speedway. Perhaps thats what some of the Rye House supporters want, perhaps then they will move on to moaning about something else to occupy their time. He seems a very loyal bloke to me for several reasons but he has riders riding for him who remain loyal as they know he will support them when things go wrong and he pays them on time, he obviously took the flack for the Nelson Visa problems which it is now clear that was out of his hands and he was trying to protect the rider. But it is the few areas that he gets wrong that brings so much criticism which which i believe is unfair.

As for saturday a loss by ten or more maybe but that will be wiped out on sunday i think

• Like 2