British Speedway Forum
vog

Stoke 2013

There's an article in the speedway star this week that Jaimie says he would like to return to the sport if he's given an opportunity, preferably with a local team (he named Stoke, Dudley & Coventry) but he wouldn't mind the travelling.

Good, I hope he get's the opportunity

• Like 1

There's an article in the speedway star this week that Jaimie says he would like to return to the sport if he's given an opportunity, preferably with a local team (he named Stoke, Dudley & Coventry) but he wouldn't mind the travelling.

I'm glad he's still interested. It would be a shame if he had not ridden again after making something of a breakthrough at this level. I'm not going to say the 'i' word, but it's inevitable so I hope somebody takes a punt on him if/when the opportunity arises for him to return. :)

• Like 1

Nope

If that's the case , the club should not be allowed to take gate receipts until this situation is resolved.

Vasey , get in sorted plz

Edited by Craftman

Nope

I really am very disappointed with Stoke over this. How can you hold on to money that the man has rightly earned. We really do need to lift our profile and this is not good enough. There may be circumstances that people do not know but come on get it sorted.

There may be circumstances that people do not know but come on get it sorted.

You're probably right and I doubt the management will discuss it on here

Apparently (and especially for the occasion) they are laying on electricity, paramedics that turn up, and rumour has it they are hiring a carpet in the bar that your feet don't actually stick to!

any help might be cheaper than a new carpet cost piles less......http://www.staffordshirecarpetcleaning.co.uk/professional-carpet-rug-cleaning-for-stoke-on-trent-and-newcastle-under-lyme/

http://www.bestathire.co.uk/rent/Generators/Newcastle-under-Lyme/418

could do worse might do for an advertising board or programme advert .....can only try.

I've just been trying to nail down all the averages as there's nothing on the BSPA website yet.

re: Kyle Hughes. He's ridden both NL and PL achieving an average in both. It looks like he's signed on his PL average converted. Stoke announced him on 6.12 but I make it 6.17. But should he be on his NL average (8.96) as it is the higher?

re: Lee Smart. Similarly he has an average in both leagues. He was announced on 9.58 which I thought sounded about right for his NL average. Having checked he averaged 9.50 NL.

I've probably missed something somewhere. If anyone can shed any light on which average from when and where these two are on it will save me some brain-ache. Cheers. :)

I've just been trying to nail down all the averages as there's nothing on the BSPA website yet.

re: Kyle Hughes. He's ridden both NL and PL achieving an average in both. It looks like he's signed on his PL average converted. Stoke announced him on 6.12 but I make it 6.17. But should he be on his NL average (8.96) as it is the higher?

re: Lee Smart. Similarly he has an average in both leagues. He was announced on 9.58 which I thought sounded about right for his NL average. Having checked he averaged 9.50 NL.

I've probably missed something somewhere. If anyone can shed any light on which average from when and where these two are on it will save me some brain-ache. Cheers. :)

As to Kyle Hughes, he's on 6.12 because that's what he attained riding for the Islanders last season. I don't know about Lee though.

As to Kyle Hughes, he's on 6.12 because that's what he attained riding for the Islanders last season. I don't know about Lee though.

Averages are the biggest problem for me in speedway in general. Quite right with Kyle but others who have been out for a bit or like Jamie Pickard from last year are lumbered with unrealistic averages to how they are riding at present and stops them racing. I cannot believe anybody thinks it is a good idea to assess somebody on how they rode two years ago. I'm all for giving everybody a chance to race league speedway in whatever standard their abilities say they should. At present teams are forced to pick riders that are not as good as some sitting out just to get into the points limit. The points limit gives even teams?. No, it doesn't as you have to have riders of all standards and not one standard. The only way to get good, close racing is if all the best riders are picked. Ah you say, Dudley and "richer" teams would pick the best riders and leave nothing for the rest. Standardise the pay rates too so all are paid the same. Thought that was how it was anyway. Looking forward to the season as we all are but not to some riders finishing half a lap behind everyone else. Not complaining at your post; just clicked quote and couldn't find my way out of it

Edited by Steeplejack
  • Like 1

Stoke Meet The Rider Night 2013 HD Video

Fair play despite previous criticism they have really smarted up the bar, new floor ..well done.