British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
kitten2502

Sheffield V Birmingham 28.03.13

It was an El team v Pl team so birmingham were always going to be the winners. Wouldnt worry too much if i was a sheffield supporter.

• Like 1

C'mon Tigers fans wasn't it your first hit out? We were terrible in our first match against Belle Vue but it's best to get the gremlins out in a meaningless match which i actually enjoyed and Albin against Covatti was a crackin race.

Good luck for the new season--Sheffield is always a great place to visit :-)

Agree on Heat 8 -- Albin just never gave up, what a great race.

Every Sheffield rider (except little Joe, and we know he's got it in him) contributed something to show he can do the business.

Tigers got to blow away their cobwebs against an Elite League squad, will be better for it at Leicester and next Thursday against the champions.

I don't think anyone should look too much into this meeting.

The Birmingham team had 5 Premier League number one's in their top 5 (Danny King would be classed as a number 1).

I prefer to give the team 8 to 12 meetings to see how they go.

Lets give it a bit more time rather than one meeting where we riding a standard of team that we won't face in the league.

• Like 4

What happened to Ricky Ashworth last night,love watching him around the owl hut ,bike problems??

Edited by montie

C'mon Tigers fans wasn't it your first hit out? We were terrible in our first match against Belle Vue but it's best to get the gremlins out in a meaningless match which i actually enjoyed and Albin against Covatti was a crackin race.

Good luck for the new season--Sheffield is always a great place to visit :-)

Don't think it was Sheffield fans complaining. Just Odsalboy being Odsalboy. Obviously didn't understand what was going on. Bless.
  • Like 1

Id say six pl number ones... Smolinski would quite easily be one of the big guns in the PL.

Odsalboy you want to get real. What did you expect last night We were riding against one of the good elite teams. You should give them a chance judge them after a few meetings against premier team. I would say I thought it was a bad idea to start against a top elite team. When we had so many new riders in our team. The lads were always going to struggle to be on the pace.

• Like 1

For what we was up against, I thought the riders showed a lot of promise-

Stead- Looked like his usual self after mechanical gremlins. Didn't exactly gate most of the time, but was brilliant to watch and provided some entertainment.

Albin- Leicester shouldn't worry about him visiting on Saturday, Facu can't gate to save his life! But by god was he entertaining. He'll do an awesome job for us around Sheffield. One of the riders I completely wrote off at the start of the season and thought he was going to be a complete dud. But he showed tonight he's a complete racer and definitely isn't afraid to make some risky manoeuvres!

Haines- Looked very slow and off the pace. Didn't make a single gate, which is worrying considering that's Haines' strong point! But if he's going to have an off night, then this was the meeting to have it.

Hall- Apart from being hit by mechanical gremlins, Richard looked really good tonight. Kept up with the competition & was pretty much his usual self around Owlerton. Just needs to sort his bloody bikes out!

Wells- He looked rather average tonight but still looked half decent. There's not a lot to say really as it was your typical Wells performance of gate and go.

Koppe- Flipped his bike on his first race around Owlerton, so he didn't exactly have the greatest of starts. But in his next races he looked good and was well on pace with the other riders. Given a couple of meetings, I think Damien will come good.

Knight- To expect him to get anything from this meeting in particular would be madness. He was well off the pace of the competition, which was fully expected for who he was coming up against. To judge his performance would be incredibly unfair.

I think you always have to keep in mind what team we're coming up against. Yeah we took an absolute battering, but there was a lot of promise shown despite what the scores show. After tonight I'm feeling at tad more optimistic of how we could fair this season, we won't be play off contenders, but I can definitely see that team finishing mid table.

Edited by skj

We took a beating as expected, but the team definitely showed some promise. Facu looks a real prospect, so entertaining, can't wait to watch him progress. Some good races considering the scoreline and weather... and how good is it to have Steady back home in a Tigers racejacket :approve:

Watching what was happening in the pits between races, I saw some good things behind the scenes on Thursday.

When Facundo's silencer came adrift before Heat 15, Damian Koppe was very quick to lend him his machine, showing the young ones are already showing team spirit.

Richard Hall's problems weren't mechanical -- both times he pulled up it was as a result of picking up a puncture, which is pretty unusual.

Dick Barrie was down from Scotland, mentoring Facundo in the lad's first-ever domestic UK meeting.

The effort put in by Simon and his dad in trying to get his bikes going was incredible, but paid off when No 2 bike finally produced the goods in his later rides.

• Like 1

For what we was up against, I thought the riders showed a lot of promise-

Stead- Looked like his usual self after mechanical gremlins. Didn't exactly gate most of the time, but was brilliant to watch and provided some entertainment.

Albin- Leicester shouldn't worry about him visiting on Saturday, Facu can't gate to save his life! But by god was he entertaining. He'll do an awesome job for us around Sheffield. One of the riders I completely wrote off at the start of the season and thought he was going to be a complete dud. But he showed tonight he's a complete racer and definitely isn't afraid to make some risky manoeuvres!

Haines- Looked very slow and off the pace. Didn't make a single gate, which is worrying considering that's Haines' strong point! But if he's going to have an off night, then this was the meeting to have it.

Hall- Apart from being hit by mechanical gremlins, Richard looked really good tonight. Kept up with the competition & was pretty much his usual self around Owlerton. Just needs to sort his bloody bikes out!

Wells- He looked rather average tonight but still looked half decent. There's not a lot to say really as it was your typical Wells performance of gate and go.

Koppe- Flipped his bike on his first race around Owlerton, so he didn't exactly have the greatest of starts. But in his next races he looked good and was well on pace with the other riders. Given a couple of meetings, I think Damien will come good.

Knight- To expect him to get anything from this meeting in particular would be madness. He was well off the pace of the competition, which was fully expected for who he was coming up against. To judge his performance would be incredibly unfair.

I think you always have to keep in mind what team we're coming up against. Yeah we took an absolute battering, but there was a lot of promise shown despite what the scores show. After tonight I'm feeling at tad more optimistic of how we could fair this season, we won't be play off contenders, but I can definitely see that team finishing mid table.

I think Koppe just needs to settle in and then you will begin to see the best of him.