British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Matt Davis

Gp Rider Sponsorship

The reason sponsors are not interested in Speedway is pretty simple, Speedway is regarded as a low class sport which low class people are interesting in so why promote a product to a target audience that has low incomes

Golf has tons of sponsorship as it's a high class sport played by high class people and watched by middle/high class people with high incomes.

Also the media coverage for Speedway is non-existent.

My friend in denmark said speedway is regarded as a redneck sport in Denmark.

Edited by Jepsen Jensen Fan Club
  • Like 1

The whole act of sponsoring a rider seems to be shrouded in secrecy.

I've often wondered riders don't have a section on their web sites where their kevlars and bike are laid flat and businesses (and individuals) can "bid" on a section.

I appreciate that this is a GP thread, but if you look at Lewis Bridger's website (www.lewisbridger.com), kevlars and bike covers, you will see that he has 20 sponsors for 2013. This was due to a lot of effort by Lewis and his team over the winter, but it just goes to show that if you make the effort, you get the reward!

I appreciate that this is a GP thread, but if you look at Lewis Bridger's website (www.lewisbridger.com), kevlars and bike covers, you will see that he has 20 sponsors for 2013. This was due to a lot of effort by Lewis and his team over the winter, but it just goes to show that if you make the effort, you get the reward!

Expect that adds up to about £2.50 :D

The whole act of sponsoring a rider seems to be shrouded in secrecy.

I've often wondered riders don't have a section on their web sites where their kevlars and bike are laid flat and businesses (and individuals) can "bid" on a section.

Riders do send you layout designs of bike and suits and vans. you then pick the spaces you want. cost is dependant on places and number of.

The reason sponsors are not interested in Speedway is pretty simple, Speedway is regarded as a low class sport which low class people are interesting in so why promote a product to a target audience that has low incomes

Golf has tons of sponsorship as it's a high class sport played by high class people and watched by middle/high class people with high incomes.

Also the media coverage for Speedway is non-existent.

My friend in denmark said speedway is regarded as a redneck sport in Denmark.

You are quite right, you just left out low iq :D