British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
cityrebel

Kent Kings V American Internationals 6/5/13

So the Kent Kings have completed there first meeting. I don’t want to be negative but there weren’t that many positives today. Certainly the crowd was a positive, as was the main grandstand. Have to say the terracing especially around the 3rd/4th bend was extremely bad under foot in parts. No wonder why there where signs saying entering at own risk or similar. The PA system didn’t work on either the 1st bend or the 3rd/4th and that was also the same last week for the behind close doors meeting. The PA system in the main grandstand was worse than Cardiff. So they need to be addressed, and what I find hard to believe that it wasn’t addressed before today meeting. The presentation was poor as well. The new people around me had no idea what was going on when the Harley’s just seem to ride around. There where a lot of new people to speedway and quite frankly they hadn’t a clue what was going on. The track cut up quite badly and the inexperienced riders showed. The top boys attacked the track, the others struggled. They'll sruggle to get a meeting over by 8.30. I think it’s going to be a very hard year for Kent Kings.

The paying public deserve better to be honest. How may will return next week? Well I guess if we new that we’d have won the lottery by now. Will I return? Honest answer probably not…..

Can’t argue with any of that Dave and I feel the Kent Kings may have shot themselves in the foot today when you consider how long they had to get things correct today.

Additionally when I did manage to understand the announcements they were full of mistakes, I’m convinced it’s the same guy that used to make all the same mistakes at the Iwade track. :lol:

The choice of going again has already been decided for me as I simply cannot make that start time.

Anyway hopefully everything will be sorted and KK will have a long future in the sport. :t:

Edited by BossMan

Yes, there were a few glitches and some people won't come back but lets give the Kent boys a chance, its clear a lot of effort has gone in to the set up and I am sure Uncle Len and co know what needs to be done. Its OK to flag concerns and provide some constructive feedback, but main thing is to support these new tracks to build a strong base for UK speedway. To be honest I live a little down the road from Lakeside but would rather watch a meeting at Sittingbourne and see some British talent develop.

The big challenge is the start time and thats outside the promotions control. Maybe if they make a go of it the council will relent a bit?

My suggestion - get a tie up with Shepherd Neame and we could get a decent pint then!!!!!

• Like 1

Despite a few teething problems i enjoyed yesterdays opener at central park. It was nice to sit in an excellent grandstand with good views and i reckon the track will produce some decent racing once it settles down. The main problem will be the curfew. the riders will need to be at the tapes for 6.30, otherwise i can see a few declared results at kent this season!

• Like 1

Really enjoyed the match yesterday. As some people have said there are a few things they need to improve. I was sitting on turn 1 and didn’t hear anything that came across so didn’t hear that heat 2 was awarded. Thought the track could of been a little bit deeper. But great turn out.

Really enjoyed the match yesterday. As some people have said there are a few things they need to improve. I was sitting on turn 1 and didn’t hear anything that came across so didn’t hear that heat 2 was awarded. Thought the track could of been a little bit deeper. But great turn out.

well done Sam and Adam you more than exceeded my expectations .

A report and some photos here:

http://www.lovespeedway24.co.uk/home/gallery_fans_flock_to_sittingbourne_for_kent_kings_opening_race_1_2182587

Click on the link to the right of the article for the gallery of photographs.

Liked the look of young Sims, but who was the fat kid at 6 for the Yanks? If anyone says to me "if you think you can do better...", I probably could!

I think this is him:

http://www.speedwaybikes.com/rw/uJamison_Dilkey.htm

Sims is a New Zealander:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Simmo-Racing-10i-Hayden-Sims/391628540852262

Sims is a New Zealander:

https://www.facebook...391628540852262

Yeah, it said so in the programme.

Only two genuine Americans on show yesterday which was a shame.

Yeah, it said so in the programme.

Only two genuine Americans on show yesterday which was a shame.

I think it was three? Scott Campos, Chris Thomas and Jamison Dilkey.

I think it was three? Scott Campos, Chris Thomas and Jamison Dilkey.

Nah.... http://wwosbackup.pr...play&thread=702

Has an American father

Let's split the difference and say 2 and a half?

Edited by Shadders

That's reasonable then !!!

I did say genuine

I think a nationality derives from the father...so Scott Campos could well be classified as an American?

I think a nationality derives from the father...so Scott Campos could well be classified as an American?

That's a contentious one. I suspect he's spent most if not all of his life in the UK, so is technically British, as I am having both parents born in Cyprus, but lived here all my life.

I've no argument with him appearing for the US "Dream Team". It's just a shame they couldn't have brought over 7 Americans, but as I've stated on another thread it was more than likely financial constraints that prevented that.

Edited by Shadders