British Speedway Forum
jim the whipper

Leicester 2014 . Elite

Given the problems the track creates for experienced riders, the task of getting to grip with it for inexperienced reserves must be that much greater.

I have never posted before but tonight I feel I must. I have just watched KL v Leicester on bet365. I saw one pass all night. To say Leicester is the worst track is ridiculous. I have been to most of the matches at Leicester since they opened and have seen some entertaining meetings. Yes the track should be a different shape, but it isn't so we just have to live with it. I also go to Peterborough every week and it is unfair to compare the two. At least Leicester has got a track with a good crowd. I have supported speedway for many years, mainly in Yorkshire and have seen the demise of Halifax and Bradford, two of the best tracks there have been, in my opinion. We MUST support the remaining tracks or we will drive all the promotors away and we will have nothing to support. We must start taking about the positives in the sport before it's too late. So please Anti- Leicester people start thinking about what you are doing to the sport.

• Like 1

Given the problems the track creates for experienced riders, the task of getting to grip with it for inexperienced reserves must be that much greater.

Getting to grips with gating will be a good start!!! :D (Do you see what I did there?)

I have never posted before but tonight I feel I must. I have just watched KL v Leicester on bet365. I saw one pass all night. To say Leicester is the worst track is ridiculous. I have been to most of the matches at Leicester since they opened and have seen some entertaining meetings. Yes the track should be a different shape, but it isn't so we just have to live with it. I also go to Peterborough every week and it is unfair to compare the two. At least Leicester has got a track with a good crowd. I have supported speedway for many years, mainly in Yorkshire and have seen the demise of Halifax and Bradford, two of the best tracks there have been, in my opinion. We MUST support the remaining tracks or we will drive all the promotors away and we will have nothing to support. We must start taking about the positives in the sport before it's too late. So please Anti- Leicester people start thinking about what you are doing to the sport.

I agree. Perhaps I have been over zealous in my defence of Leicester. Just seemed very one sided criticism and I believed we needed a level playing field. Yes perhaps the track does need altered. The straights generate too much speed. We do have a nice set up and are attracting good riders and good crowds. After so many years out we really want to succeed. Most of your clubs welcome the travelling support gate receipts that we bring. The intention was not to offend anyone. If so apologies. Just please give Leicester credit were its due!. Speedway is one family with frienships generatated at each track. Long may it continue.

Anti-Leicester people ? I haven't seen any anti-Leicester people on here but I have seen people who care about the clubs future if things don't change

• Like 2

Anti-Leicester people ? I haven't seen any anti-Leicester people on here but I have seen people who care about the clubs future if things don't change

Well now thanks to you and your mates I find myself going riund away tracks scrutinising the passes which is spoiling my enjoyment. Like KL last night I thoroughly enjoyed the meet but it was spoiled by the amount of passes or lack of them.

It is not just one clubs problem in the EL there are not many races that give passes. The bikes these days are just way to fast to give any competative racing. Once away off the gate the riders are following one another and that goes for all 4 laps. It is now a sport for the rider who is fastest off the gate. You would never see racing like this in the days of the old upright engines as they just did not have the speed of the modern engines. Slow all the bikes down if not going back to the old uprights with all the engines the same and factory sealed so no one can change them.

Or go down the road of fitting speed limiters. That is the only way I can see that the racing can be made more competative.

Lets do away with this, what only resembles F1 car racing, with 4 riders strung out along the track.

I know the reserves are not as experienced as the top riders, but it still shows that not only they but some of the lower order riders too have bikes that are far slower than the top riders.

Lets slow things down again, the fans will enjoy it far better than what we see on most tracks in this country and throught the world including a lot of the GP's too.

• Like 3

Well now thanks to you and your mates I find myself going riund away tracks scrutinising the passes which is spoiling my enjoyment. Like KL last night I thoroughly enjoyed the meet but it was spoiled by the amount of passes or lack of them.

What does your son think of the track at Leicester......just asking because I've never seen him overtake anyone?

What does your son think of the track at Leicester......just asking because I've never seen him overtake anyone?

a couple of season's ago i saw him pass magnus karlsson round the outside i am pretty sure of that,maybe someone can correct me if i am wrong.

a couple of season's ago i saw him pass magnus karlsson round the outside i am pretty sure of that,maybe someone can correct me if i am wrong.

No....i think he passed magnus magnussen on the motorway once.

• Like 1

Magnus retired from the race but a pass is pass haha

Not sure what that has to do with anything. He hasn't ridden there recently apart from the NT meeting but he's always liked it. Edited by TMW

After the performances of the last few days, as much I like the team. I am afraid that they are being let down, very badly by a couple of riders.

Mads performances are very up and down, more down than up. He has only managed to score double figure in about 3 races and this is not good for the team, as much as I like him I an afraid the management need to give him a good behind closed door chat to start and up his game.

I know yound Max Clegg is only young and the youngest rider in the leage, but he is constantly scoring far to many 0,0,0, in a meeting. His best in 3 meeting was last night with 1,1 to his mane.

If both of them was scoring those extra need point, the Lions would have won both the 2 away matches easily.

Something needs to be done, don't want to see either of them go, so they have both got to sit back and see where they are going wrong, before both of them will be having to find a new team, and it could be before the end of the season if they don't soon show a marked improvement.

Who is your son TMW ?

Chris Widman-Stoke reserve/second string.

Chris Widman-Stoke reserve/second string.

And proud of it too.

Feel better now do you? Good.

Edited by TMW
  • Like 2