British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Barry The Cat

Uncle Len's Bold Move

can anyone confirm this rumour? sauce?

I personally just think as It's quiet here it has become silly season.

I cannot see uncle Len taking the rockets into the EL....

You don't get it, do you? It won't be the EL as you know it, just a strong PL, should suit Panthers, at least they've goy a chance to stop loosing a small fortune every year, nobody, however wealthy will continue propping up a bankrupt business.

Edited by Lord Skid

I've been saying for years that Rye have the fanbase and facilities for Elite League speedway, though it may be too late to tempt back the 4-500 fans that don't go anymore.

• Like 2

You don't get it, do you? It won't be the EL as you know it, just a strong PL, should suit Panthers, at least they've goy a chance to stop loosing a small fortune every year, nobody, however wealthy will continue propping up a bankrupt business.

Panthers don't lose much money, We have the biggest sponsorship deal in the Elite League.

Maybe if other commercial departments worked as hard as the Panthers commercial department, Clubs would be better off.

Edited by Hougaard Racing Fans
  • Like 1

Panthers don't lose much money, We have the biggest sponsorship deal in the Elite League.

Maybe if other commercial departments worked as hard as the Panthers commercial department, Clubs would be better off.

Although i only manage three or four trips a year to the showground i have to say i love the place. The track is generally good,the racing above par and the facilities and viewing as good as anywhere. Why on earth more people don't attend there i will never know. The club to me seems as professional as any in the uk, and when i contacted them regarding taking photos they went out of their way to help and correspondence via email was superb if only others followed their example. I have no knowledge of their true financial position or the sponsors but i do have the utmost respect for Mr Frost not only in keeping them in the EL but keeping the track alive given that the crowds look sparse in the grandstand. Long may it continue

• Like 4

I attend the EOES on a fairly regular basis. Brilliant track, excellent viewing and superb racing. Second only in my opinion to Somerset (although I haven't been to Sheffield and Scunthorpe)

However, the crowds at Peterborough are really dire. Somerset get more through the turnstiles. There is absolutely no doubt they will be losing money.

I admire Len SIlver bigtime, i remember don't be late Friday at eight i loved going to the wick i only went twice a year bur silver (senior) put on a great night. Now i hope he gets Rye involved in whatever the plans are but whatever happens Len would be up there with the the great promoters Fearmans, Thomas, ect)

Sidders! Welcome back buddy! No getting involved in anymore rows now!

When I first read the title of this thread I thought Len was planning a weave.

Must go to spec savers.

• Like 1

I hope its true... something different and all that.

Could get a decent team, but then its Len, so probably not.

PK, Sundstrom, Kennett, Mellgren and another with Garrity and Nelson at reserve, be tidy.

It was 'Make It A Date, Friday at Eight'...: though taken as red shouldn't be late!!!

Ooops sorry Parsloes , i have always

enjoyed going to the wick Thommo was great value the set up was great regular racing and Mr Silver has past the test in time takes some doing to be still here after decades.

What have the Panthers done to disgruntle you Tezza? :o

I understand that you are not a fan of our number one.... but hey the team at the back end of last season was the most exciting I have ever seen at the EOES since 2006... a team with 4 out and out racers in it! :t:

You surely aren't counting our number one as one of the four.