British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
kingbee

Tactical Sub Rule

I suspect this may have been 'put on ice' pending the outcome of the TV negotiations. If Sky stay then I expect the 'black & white' to stay also, if Sky go then, hopefully, the double points idiocy will follow them.

I suspect this may have been 'put on ice' pending the outcome of the TV negotiations. If Sky stay then I expect the 'black & white' to stay also, if Sky go then, hopefully, the double points idiocy will follow them.

Yes, that's my take on it as well.

I'd be surprised to see it go regardless.

I would imagine most promoters are in favour of some sort of tactical ride, on the assumption that fans want closer meetings, and given that the double point rule is a cheaper option than the old tac sub rule, I think it's here to stay.

Also, with the introduction of the two junior reserves, reinstating the old tac sub rule would give them less opportunity and provide a bigger "swing" opportunity to the trailing side.

I'd be surprised to see it go regardless.

CVS/PA confirmed that if no SKY then its likely that the Double points rule will go.

i stand corrected then, though I'm very surprised.

To be replaced with...?

Like in Sweden, back to old tac sub rules. 6 points behind, any rider can replace. I would imagine anyway.

• Like 2

They will probably make a radical change from last year to freshen up this rule.

Instead of a black and white helmet they will introduce a brand new white and black helmet to take the tactical ride.

And probably charge an extra quid to pay for this innovation :)

• Like 9

Let's have a simple tac sub rides no double points and a maximum of three tac rides per team during the meeting to choose at any time but only up and inc heat 12 !!

• Like 1

Lets rather get rid of the Tac-Sub rules altogether, for far too long the tac-sub rule has favoured the top heavy teams, the bias in heats 13 & 15 are quite enough. The only rule I would introduce if a team were 6 points or more behind, would be a choice of gates, until the deficit was less than 6 points.

Fans will have to get used to a thumping, poor performance or poor team you get wallopped, simple.

• Like 4

Lets rather get rid of the Tac-Sub rules altogether, for far too long the tac-sub rule has favoured the top heavy teams, the bias in heats 13 & 15 are quite enough. The only rule I would introduce if a team were 6 points or more behind, would be a choice of gates, until the deficit was less than 6 points.

Fans will have to get used to a thumping, poor performance or poor team you get wallopped, simple.

Sadly in todays world that can have an adverse effect on the sport. People want excitement and close meetings are more exciting than massacres. I like the idea of a maximum number of tac subs and a cut off at #12.

Also reward the away team and get rid of the extra point for a home slaughter.

Maybe bring back the bonus point. Do everything to make the match interesting for the paying public.

Other sports have intricate point scoring so it's not a big deal for speedway.

Same as the tactical rule. It's a good idea if it helps the away team keep in with a chance of a reward for hard work.

It's just this silly double point rule favours massively the team with the most star riders.

All the proper speedway leagues use the old tried and tested tac sub rule so why not the minor leagues like ours :)

Edited by pandorum

I like double points. It is available to everyone so I don't feel it is unfair. We have all had double points go against us but we all love it when it goes in our favour. It helps reduce runaway home wins which I don't think that could be considered a bad thing.

Edited by Synikalle

CVS/PA confirmed that if no SKY then its likely that the Double points rule will go.

Lets hope it's no SKY then.

Let's have a simple tac sub rides no double points and a maximum of three tac rides per team during the meeting to choose at any time but only up and inc heat 12 !!

Lets have no tacticals at all and let the best team win.

Lets hope it's no SKY then.

Good lord , i hope we do keep SKY.

Good lord , i hope we do keep SKY.

Indeed, the thought of not watching meetings at Eastbourne, Lakeside, Belle Vue and Leicester is just a terrible thought.. :wink:

• Like 1