British Speedway Forum
kingbee

Sky Sports New Deal

Funny how the usual Mr Ford bandits are up in the high heavens again judging him from their lofty annointed positions!!!!! Since this topic has not yet been released publicly WHY IS IT ON THIS FORUM FOR YOU TO SLAG OFF!!!

Damn the BSPA up in the high heavens judging Mr Ford from their lofty positions.

Ford has jumped the gun on this one, unprofessionally so.

IF he indeed did leak it.

We only have a post on here saying he did. Although the way Starman/Skidder jumped to his defence would suggest some truth in it.

Is it reported in the Bournemouth Echo? A link?

Not in the Echo. Had a look at the Echo Twitter @bournemouthecho and can't see it there either?

Damn the BSPA up in the high heavens judging Mr Ford from their lofty positions.

Ford has jumped the gun on this one, unprofessionally so.

Ford thinking he's bigger than the sport again. But don't worry. He won't get fined.
  • Like 1

If they are telivising the sport only. That should have been announced by sky or the BSPA then it could also mean that there is no money what so ever coming from Sky this year. They show the speedway full stop. It is up to the BPSA, to find sponcership, without it no money comes in. I think it will be very hard work trying to find a big outfit that is going to through a lot of money into speedway.

Hope I am wrong but that is as I see the Sky deal.

5 years of broadcast only. Full stop.

Correct

Very poor show from the Poole promoter. But of course his supporters on here will have every excuse as to why what he did was correct. And what informing his sponsors has got to do with officially leaking the news is beyond me.

Also looked at Bournmouth Echo and can't find anything on there either. Unless they have taken it off the website.

The good news : We're still on the box.

The bad news : Double ruddy points.

Wonder if BT sport fancy a bit of sponsorship. Then watch the proverbial hit the supporter :P

Not wrong at all!! If you believe GoSpeed are the only ones in regular touch with Sky - think again!! All MF's many sponsors will be well pleased and will keep the level of their investment at a strong level!! Plus of course Poole will probably get their fair share of the televised meeting revenue, so good news all round and correct to share it asap!!! :party::D

Don't know if Ford has sourced it, but you do agree that he would be wrong to don't you? Whoever has done it has put the BSPA in an awkward position and forced them to publicly deny anything has happened. Sky aren't the organisation to play around with. Hopefully this is just a rumour, and nobody within the sport has released the info.

Also looked at Bournmouth Echo and can't find anything on there either. Unless they have taken it off the website.

The tweet has been posted above by Phil.

Poole Pirates promoter Matt Ford informs Daily Echo that Sky Sports have agreed a 5 year broadcast only deal to show Elite League #speedway

Some folk seem to keep missing it. This appears to be the source. I presume this is an Echo reporter? He clearly states Matt Ford has informed them.

It's telling that the Poole clan have gone somewhat quiet since the BSPA statement was released....

Edited by BWitcher

He has made himself (or his journo contact has) look a wee bit silly. I wonder if the deal is reliant on the sport finding a sponsor to help cover costs?

Poole Pirates promoter Matt Ford informs Daily Echo that Sky Sports have agreed a 5 year broadcast only deal to show Elite League #speedway

Ford said Sky Sports decided against sponsoring league directly, resulting in reduced deal which will be "structured differently". #speedway

Ford, however, expressed his delight at the deal, lauding security coverage gives EL #speedway and opportunity to add a league sponsor.

Edited by Jacques
  • Like 1

Oh dear British Speedway promotors drop themselves in it again and annoy their broadcast partner just days after agreeing a new deal. I can tell you this slip up has not gone down well at Sky sports as they were not ready to announce the deal today as wanted to produce proper press releases and create some spin. The plan was to feature the deal on Sky sports news and a couple of rider interviews likely to have been Woofy and Nicholls. Nevermind it's done now