British Speedway Forum
orion

Speedway Betting 2014

I think some confusion, by so high scb was meaning so highly favored (I.e. surprised odds so low). Lukasdryml agree ing and saying 10/1 a fairer price.

Consensus seems to be eadtborne have a good draw (I.e. meeting teams when those teams are understrength).

Consensus seems to be eadtborne have a good draw (I.e. meeting teams when those teams are understrength).

They may well do but that'll just get them into the play-offs when they'll lose to the better teams and you'll end up with nothing from the bookies.

Have to agree with that, there are four teams that I can conceivably see as champs ( poole kl bv and coventry) and while realistically I can see any team other than brum leicestet and lakeside as potentially making the play offs, I cant see the champ s being anyone from outside that four (without major team changes).

I know, and sadly you may be right - but there can be NO argument against my original statement that it can and probably will lead to further corruption in our Sport.

Where there is Betting - there is corruption - as sure as Night follows Day. :sad: :sad:

Given how speedway is run, any corruption from betting might actually be cleaning it up!

• Like 1

Peterborough decent value at 8/1?

Holder hampel and nki all look good value @ 10/1 for the world title. Dirty nicki surely a better chance than the 18/1 available. Tai at 5/1 not too bad either - all the above look even more appealing if emil were to withdraw.

I know, and sadly you may be right - but there can be NO argument against my original statement that it can and probably will lead to further corruption in our Sport.

Where there is Betting - there is corruption - as sure as Night follows Day. :sad: :sad:

I can see where you're coming from on the corruption front, there can always be that seed of doubt planted. Having said that I actually think speedway is missing out on not opening itself up more as a betting sport. Despite its many rules and unique issues which make it different to more mainstream sports, it's got to be one of the very best for betting. On numerous occasions when mentioning my interest in speedway to people who know little about it, they have asked about whether it offers betting. Certain tracks could probably attract significantly more people along if they offered a full 'greyhound' type night out.

I'm with the Eastbourne fans on their team's odds, I think they have as good a chance as anyone of being up there this season and 10/1 on the Eagles looks to be the most attractive odds in my opinion. Don't think they can beat Poole but wouldn't be surprised to see them make the play off final. A solid top 5 with a trump card in Michelsen and what should be a reliable, slightly more experienced reserve pair.

I can see where you're coming from on the corruption front, there can always be that seed of doubt planted. Having said that I actually think speedway is missing out on not opening itself up more as a betting sport. Despite its many rules and unique issues which make it different to more mainstream sports, it's got to be one of the very best for betting. On numerous occasions when mentioning my interest in speedway to people who know little about it, they have asked about whether it offers betting. Certain tracks could probably attract significantly more people along if they offered a full 'greyhound' type night out.

My sisters boyfriend often has a bet on the speedway. He doesn't know a great deal but he's worked out red and green win most races in the week and watches the gate stats in a GP. Thanks to this betting getting him interested he's talking about going to Cardiff this season. So gambling has attracted one fan

Looki g at gp odds, withdrawal of emil doesn't seem to have shifted other odds (although holder now only 7-1). You could cover ward tai holder nki hampel and Pedersen to win the title for a 10% return which seems easy money.

Think all those riders look decent value now.

Just wish nz tab offerred betting on this, as cant be bothered eith opening a uk account.

If Darcy keep's calm on the track next year (also sober and out of handcuffs) then he will be untouchable.

I remember when I used to work for Curry's a couple of years back and Darcy Ward came in. I served him and he asked for one thing and one thing only... an electronic coffee grinder.

Have seen that first odds are out for Best pairs with BetVictor. Russia faves, think Holder and Ward should go well.

Isn't Ward riding for Poole on 2 of the dates?

What about the ERC then? PK at 33s stands out for me after his performance in the Olympique, tougher field granted but a chance.

Never remember PK being that strong at Brandon.

Stand outs for me would be Iversen, Ward, Kildemand, Tai or Bjerre.

Bjerre was one of the fastest On our track last year.

Of course I will be hoping for a win from Harris, Hans, Tai or Rory. Shame no Nicholls in line up this year

Edited by mdmc82

Bjerre and killer at 18s and pk at 33 look thr most appealing.

Darcy tai and nki obviousky favourites but not much value.

Bv at 9/1 for el looks decent?

For nz gp the teo previous winners hsmpel @ 6/1 and hsncock @ 16/1 look the best value.