British Speedway Forum
Speedwaycrazy

Lakeside V Eastbourne/ Eastbourne V Lakeside

Close meeting, but another dusty track - missing Mikkel badly. Decided to water the track after ht10 & it's been dusty since the start!?!

A successful day for Lakeside, just about hanging on for a point at Eastbourne - although if Bech had been at the away meeting and PK / Davey had chipped in with a couple more points it could have been even more! Happy with those results though!

Point well earned for the Hammers. Fortress Arlington isn't quite as strong as it looks!

Point well earned for the Hammers. Fortress Arlington isn't quite as strong as it looks!

I love the way you fail to mention PK's pitiful effort tonight along with Davey Watt.

What a fantastic top 2 these guys are proving to be.

I love the way you fail to mention PK's pitiful effort tonight along with Davey Watt.

What a fantastic top 2 these guys are proving to be.

Fairly good at home will always struggle away, Strength in depth is what the team is built around. Lewis just starting to make a difference Adam just needs to settle down. Bech will be in top 3 soon and Lawson doing what is expected if not a bit more, Ben Morley now dialled in around Arena

Anyone wanna take Woodward of our hands

Looking at Joonas at Arena today you could loose him as well. To be fair Woodward did well at ours.

• Like 2

He's ridden there for what now his 8th season. Two points is unacceptable. Draft riders scored more then him tonight. If I went to work and performed like him I'd be expecting my p45.

What a crock of s**t, that is by far the most visitor bias refereeing display I have ever seen at any speedway meeting. Chris Gay you should be ashamed, you clearly gave everything you could tonight to ensure Lakeside took something from the meeting! Their eighth man without a doubt!

Most of the decisions against Eastbourne may well of been just, even if heat 13 was highly questionable, but I didn't see one the other way. Lewis Bridger rolling in every single ride, not one pulled back, not one warning, including heat 15 when it really mattered!

Absolutely outrageous!

Edited by GeneralLevy
  • Like 1

What a crock of s**t, that is by far the most visitor bias refereeing display I have ever seen at any speedway meeting. Chris Gay you should be ashamed, you clearly gave everything you could tonight to ensure Lakeside took something from the meeting! Their eighth man without a doubt!

Most of the decisions against Eastbourne may well of been just, even if heat 13 was highly questionable, but I didn't see one the other way. Lewis Bridger rolling in every single ride, not one pulled back, not one warning, including heat 15 when it really mattered!

Absolutely outrageous!

I take it you wont be buying him an Easter egg.

Bit harsh 3 out of my 5 bets won on the day. Lakeside did win by 10+ and if it was not for Woodward Eastbourne would have won by 10+ at Arlington. I feel that Kylmakorpi was a great bet and I backed Joonas over 7 tonight and the bet come in with ease.

As I said, I am not a betting man but he was pants at lakeside so I am glad I ignored your tip.

Re: Chris Gay - Their eighth man without a doubt!

Chill out son - 'Uncle Bob' Dugard has always been your eight man.

So what's the difference? ;)

Edited by The Voice Of Reason
  • Like 1

Absolutely outrageous!

Cant say that I saw that, its tempting to look for outside factors when your team has done bad and I would love to find excuses but the fact is, if Cam had scored anything like he should it would have been another 10+ home win.

Chris Gay did his usual thing and held the tapes too long several times but I know he does that so all the riders should. It did seem a bit excessive excluding Cam for a second jump start when you see riders several times during a meeting and getting no more than a all 4 back. I always believed the warning stood just for the race, not the whole meeting. With any other ref, that would be the case I am sure. I must admit, it was quite cool seeing two riders start 15m back. I don't think I have seen that before.

What Eastie do need to do is consider how they are going to cover Lewis Blackbird when he is not available, I have seen at least 4 fixtures that clash with Peterboro matches, one of them against Leicester next week. We cant afford to cover these with someone that will score nothing!

Good to see Lewis doing some community work before the meeting. http://lewisbridger.com/news

That is good to see - he gets a lot of stick at times (sometimes justified, sometimes not) but credit where credit is due. Hopefully his performance at Eastbourne last night will give him a bit of a boost but either way he should find things a bit easier once he swaps places with Bech.

Edited by Mjolnir
  • Like 1