British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Rob B

Leicester V Belle Vue 3/5/14

Lineups :

Leicester: 1. Jason Doyle, 2. Sam Masters(G), 3. Mads Korneliussen, 4. Lasse Bjerre(G), 5. Ben Barker(G), 6. Tom Perry, 7. Max Clegg

Belle Vue: 1. Matej Zagar, 2. Michael Palm Toft, 3. Scott Nicholls, 4. Richie Worrall, 5. Craig Cook, 6. Stefan Nielsen, 7. Ben Reade

• Like 1

Should advertise this one as Leicester Select v Belle Vue.

If we get another sunny evening what time do you reckon the first race will start? It was 7.40 p.m. against the Bees & 8.05 p.m. against Eastbourne. Perhaps 7.30 p.m. with an half hour interval after the second heat?

Should advertise this one as Leicester Select v Belle Vue.

How can we help injuries and when Stead is missing it puts pressure on the reserves who can do without it.

If we get another sunny evening what time do you reckon the first race will start? It was 7.40 p.m. against the Bees & 8.05 p.m. against Eastbourne. Perhaps 7.30 p.m. with an half hour interval after the second heat?

so what do you suggest race blind and wait for the carnage? <personal abuse removed>

• Like 1

so what do you suggest race blind and wait for the carnage? <personal abuse removed>

No - But I object to standing around for over 30 minutes waiting for the meeting to start. There are alternatives. Even the people who built Stonehenge knew when & where the sun was going to rise & set on a particular day so why don't the promoters fix the start time for later or earlier at the times of the year when the sun is a problem?

• Like 1

Even the people who built Stonehenge knew when & where the sun was going to rise & set on a particular day

Yes, but they'd never get away with that solid fence these days.

• Like 3

No - But I object to standing around for over 30 minutes waiting for the meeting to start. There are alternatives. Even the people who built Stonehenge knew when & where the sun was going to rise & set on a particular day so why don't the promoters fix the start time for later or earlier at the times of the year when the sun is a problem?

If the sun is shining arrive 30 minutes later than you first intended. Alternatively, arrive at original time and enjoy the sunshine.

I understand where happy hunter is coming from to a point.last week was a 35 minute delay when in actual fact the sun was down sufficiently after 20 mins. No one is suggesting that riders should ride no blind but it is an inconvenience and a drag.

It affects the 4 hour limit on the Wilko's car park.

I also get home late for my tea!!

I can't see the Lions pulling this one off. Not with the riders at guest. Cook rides BP well, Scott Nichols didn't do to well here. As for the guest Ben Barker was hopeless around BP. So it could be a pretty close call.

Don't see the 2 reserves getting much, but it may just be thier night to shine.

Poor Max Clegg is now finding that his losing streak is starting to affect his confidence.

It must be hard for the lad, I said from the start that the draft riders where far to spread in thier levels of riding skills to make it a good outcome as racing went. It would have been OK if they where all at the same level, but when you have lads that have been riding at EL and PL against some who have not riden outside the NL you some have an ubfair advantage.

I would love to see the draft Rider scheme work and bring on some future talent.

But all I can see it doing is demorolising the lads that are struggling to make the grade.

It needs a lot more thought putting into how it is being implemented. There are quite a few teams in the EL now who are losing out in the league position standings due to the failure of the 2 reserves. It does the clubs no good and it does the lads no good either, teams will be thinking of changing them or they themselves will be thinking of calling it a day and going back to just riding in the NL or giving up all together, this should not be happening.

Edited by weatherwatcher
  • Like 3

Weather:

Lots of blue sky with mostly unbroken sunshine this afternoon, though it could turn hazy mid afternoon for a time . the evening will stay rain free. Winds will be light and it will feel pleasant enough in the sunshine. Max temp around 14c to 15c. Temperature will drop off when the sun goes down, but will not be as cold as last night, min overnight temp 7c to 9c

Shale Searcher.

For any fans not able to make the match this evening the Belle Vue Unofficial website will be running live updates

www.bellevuearmy.co.uk