British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
manchesterpaul

S.r.18.3. Eh?

Was just glancing at the BSPA Elite League averages to see what figure Nico Covatti is coming in on replacing Eddie Kennett - although they've not been updated/reissued so i presume he is on 4.50 which is his last published average at the end of 2013?.

Anyways, i note that in addition to columns A (the current average) and Column B (new average if applicable effective from date stated) that there is another figure for some riders in column C.

A note at the top of the list says "S.R.18.3. Absent Rider's actual achieved CMA is calculated as actual +5%(for Home team only), Converted MA but does not apply to a Rider with an assessed CMA. This relates to column A only."

Apologies for having a dense moment but what does that mean and when is it used instead of average A? Does it mean that if a team requires a guest they have to go by average C (achieved) instead of average A (current)?

I went to the 2014 speedway regulations only to find that S.R.18.3. refers to the Premier League Knock-out cup! I then thought maybe 'S.R.' referred to Supplementary regs but can find none published on the SCB site. I then sought out the 2013 regulations in case if was a case of them being renumbered but they are no longer available on the BSPA site.

Can anyone put into layman's terms what S.R.18.3 is used for? Anyone know if Covatti's final published average of 4.50 applies as of now?

Edited by manchesterpaul

Was just glancing at the BSPA Elite League averages to see what figure Nico Covatti is coming in on replacing Eddie Kennett - although they've not been updated/reissued so i presume he is on 4.50 which is his last published average at the end of 2013?.

Anyways, i note that in addition to columns A (the current average) and Column B (new average if applicable effective from date stated) that there is another figure for some riders in column C.

A note at the top of the list says "S.R.18.3. Absent Rider's actual achieved CMA is calculated as actual +5%(for Home team only), Converted MA but does not apply to a Rider with an assessed CMA. This relates to column A only."

Apologies for having a dense moment but what does that mean and when is it used instead of average A? Does it mean that if a team requires a guest they have to go by average C (achieved) instead of average A (current)?

I went to the 2014 speedway regulations only to find that S.R.18.3. refers to the Premier League Knock-out cup! I then thought maybe 'S.R.' referred to Supplementary regs but can find none published on the SCB site. I then sought out the 2013 regulations in case if was a case of them being renumbered but they are no longer available on the BSPA site.

Can anyone put into layman's terms what S.R.18.3 is used for? Anyone know if Covatti's final published average of 4.50 applies as of now?

It's for guest riders, that the average you can go up for home match guests for each respective rider

• Like 1