British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
g13webb

Kings Lynn Stars Vs Coventry Bees (wed 2nd July 2014)

I thought I might make a one of return to post about my considerable displeasure concerning this meeting.

If anyone wonders why speedway is on it's knees, they need look no further than this fixture.

I'm a hardcore fan, I think you get that status when going to Buxton to watch a broken national league product and still stay for the midland development league meeting. I'd booked time off work, which at the moment is a massive struggle with the lack of staff we have got but I wanted to go after missing the A fixture so I made plans. As of 3pm this afternoon, there was absolutely no official word from Coventry about any missing riders despite the fact they had known about this clash for ages.

It's now left me with 2 options, either travel all the way to Lynn to watch a shambles of a meeting and pay £16 quid for the privilege (cheers Jo, if you're reading, didn't put your prices up on this rant!) or waste half a days holiday. A situation completely avoidable if Coventry had just been honest from the outset and made clear a lot earlier what the actual situation for this meeting was going to be. The cardinal sin in this situation, in my opinion anyway, is the huge lack of information concerning the meeting. Announcing information like this in the afternoon the day before the meeting is not acceptable.

Coventry have now put out a frankly pathetic statement essentially blaming everyone but themselves for this situation occurring. At what point exactly did they start to try and have the meeting changed given how long they have known about the clash? Why was it ever agreed to knowing our number 1 wouldn't be available and we would have to use a 3 pointer? Everyone elses fault but our own. Don't worry though, because it's not our own gate figures we will be ruining after all.

Apparently we now have Cameron Heeps guesting for us. Why? The meeting is already a shambles, just send the storm boys to ride. They are there on Friday and would probably appreciate the track time. I'd just send Ryan Terry Daley and Martin Knucky as our guests and see how quickly the meeting got changed then.

It's clear that Lynn have the ability to run on Thursday to avoid Danish clashes as they do for their own riders, however if Buster thinks he can run on the sort of crowd he will get tomorrow plus having to pay out 65+ in points money then good luck to him. It's pathetic that the meeting can't be changed but it's just the way all league speedway seems to be these days. All willing to get one over on someone and take the points when available but in reality it's the paying public that continually suffer because of it.

I really have had enough of this shambles of a sport, and I will never be booking time off to go again. Promoters are crying out for bigger crowds and then continue to alienate the ones they already have and they have finally pushed me over the edge from die hard to floating fan who will go as and when I can be bothered.

I've already been told but one half of the Horton brothers that my money wasn't wanted, based on this evidence it's clear that the other one doesn't care too much for it either.

Great post. There's a proper fan talking. What a shambles!

• Like 1

Why Lambert when we have our own NL team?!

The facility is a PL guest up to 6.00

Storm:

James Sarjeant - Bees FTDR

Oliver Greenwood, Dan Greenwood, Luke Crang, Ryan Terry-Daley, Martin Knuckey - not in PL 1-7

That leaves Stefan Nielsen who hasn't ridden since his crash at Brandon.

I wonder how many meetings MJJ will miss by the time the season finishes. I'm guessing more than he rides!

Bog standard answer - plenty as per.

Bog standard answer - plenty as per.

TBF this is hardly his fault is it? Imagine Woffy chose to ride in Poland rather than in the UK - oh, he has, in the past!

Just re-read the Coventry statement and they have no issue with King's Lynn running the meeting. They seem disappointed that no other team accepted the chance to swap dates. It clearly says they asked other clubs to fill the gap, not to get the meeting cancelled.

Mick Horton:

“I have phoned around every other Elite League promoter in an effort to get the fixture switched, but unfortunately nobody was able to help on this occasion, and we have to accept that King’s Lynn do need to fulfil the fixture."

I can understand why meetings don't get cancelled, especially when the forecast is set fair and be unable to fit the fixture in due to other reason off cancellations.

One of the biggest gripes from fans is the fudging around with fixtures yet call for this one to be cancelled. We can't have it both way.

With what has been happening with Birmingham and possibly Eastbourne at the end of the season, home fans especially, please do not boycott the meeting. Every penny counts towards a clubs survival.

KEEP BRITISH SPEEDWAY ALIVE

Yes can understand why it hasn't been cancelled - even though thats the common sense thing to do!

Problem is that there is a problem in the first place - all it needs is a simple rule to allow PROPER guest riders if there's a clash with a rider's home country league meeting. Obviously don't let it happen all the time, but restrict it to, say 2 or 3 times per rider per season.

TBF this is hardly his fault is it? Imagine Woffy chose to ride in Poland rather than in the UK - oh, he has, in the past!

I cant take you serious if you are going to compare Woffy`s commitment to Wolves and the EL over MJJ`s.

MJJ isn't committed to riding here, it isn't really a shock tho is it!

The facility is a PL guest up to 6.00

Storm:

James Sarjeant - Bees FTDR

Oliver Greenwood, Dan Greenwood, Luke Crang, Ryan Terry-Daley, Martin Knuckey - not in PL 1-7

That leaves Stefan Nielsen who hasn't ridden since his crash at Brandon.

Rule book states they can't have a PL MA of more than 6.00 but nowhere does it states they must be in a PL declared line up at the time as far as I can see.

I cant take you serious if you are going to compare Woffy`s commitment to Wolves and the EL over MJJ`s.

MJJ isn't committed to riding here, it isn't really a shock tho is it!

You are questioning MJJ riding in Denmark rather than in the UK. I think anyone with half a brain accepts a rider will ride in his home country ahead of a foreign country, especially when they only recently signed a contract for the foreign country. And Tai did once miss an Eastbourne vs Wolves meeting to ride for Czestochowa, its an undeniable fact.

As if the events in speedway this week with Birmingham and Eastbourne are not warning enough, the bspa in general and in this case the Coventry promotion for agreeing to the fixture at Kings Lynn seem to totally ignore the fact that the fans are totally p-ssed off by the total disregard to supporters.

It is of little comfort that the team is almost complete come Friday, the damn promoters just don't seem to get it, despite playing to empty stadiums, stupid or what.........!

• Like 1

I will be there anyway.Birmingham had a poor lineup in an already weak team a few weeks back and there was still a healthy crowd there.Coventry new the fixture list before they singed MJJ.

You are questioning MJJ riding in Denmark rather than in the UK. I think anyone with half a brain accepts a rider will ride in his home country ahead of a foreign country, especially when they only recently signed a contract for the foreign country. And Tai did once miss an Eastbourne vs Wolves meeting to ride for Czestochowa, its an undeniable fact.

The point is i am not questioning him not riding in the UK - its an accepted fact we are low down on his priority list.

Some of the Bees fans said when he signed that they weren't questioning his commitment until proven he missed more than rode.

To the obvious with brain cells it was already a given.

Glad you could find the one missed meeting Tai was absent for.

If you could find the data on the rest of the EL heat leaders and compare to Tai`s one then it might put it into much clearer order. :t:

• Like 1

Seems like I will be one of the few people who will be going. That said, I must have plenty of money to waste, and not a very good home life.... :cry:

Truth is I am one of those Hard Core fans, who never misses a meeting. I've been known to go all-day just to watch riders practise. :D

But I'm not the sort of person the promoters need to target. It's Joe Public they need to interest........... :t:

I'm an avid Coventry supporter --- I have booked annual leave and am booked into a caravan site local to the KL track in order to see both meetings (Wed. and Fri). The cost of fuel (towing a caravan) and entrance fees probably would have got me a flight to sunny climates somewhere. I am going as all is arranged and all I can say is that I am looking forward to seeing The Storm team ride. The rest is a farce.

• Like 1

So bees team tonight is :

Simon Lambert, Lasse Bjerre, Cameron Heeps, Kenneth Hansen, Chris Harris, Jason Garrity, James Sarjeant.

More NL team than even PL

What a hollow victory for Kings Lynn and gonna really effect averages and profit now for them.

As Hans commented though, when their own Danish riders are riding on a we'd, Kings Lynn ride on a thur. Why couldn't they have made this meeting a thur instead?

Coventry looked likely to be the first team to test their home record so guess can understand why they wouldn't change fixture.

• Like 1

As if the events in speedway this week with Birmingham and Eastbourne are not warning enough, the bspa in general and in this case the Coventry promotion for agreeing to the fixture at Kings Lynn seem to totally ignore the fact that the fans are totally p-ssed off by the total disregard to supporters.

It is of little comfort that the team is almost complete come Friday, the damn promoters just don't seem to get it, despite playing to empty stadiums, stupid or what.........!

Shambles yet again ! 60+ score for KL without even trying I reckon.

Sport is being over run by muppets.

Sick to death of the number of times Horton has used the word apologise to the fans, for a multitude of reasons.

If he had anything about him he would prevent things going 'pete tong' the first place and wouldn't need to do so.

But hey, that is Mick Horton for you. (Once a Horton always a Horton)

Happy days

Edited by markyb

Wow, where do you start with that load of nonsense mdmc82. Firstly Poole and Swindon have already given our home record a thorough examination. Secondly why would we be worried about possibly dropping points when we are clear at the top of the table. And thirdly why would Buster run this tonight in front of what will now be a shyte crowd if another date could be found?

The situation is a joke but the fact is the fixture should never have been arranged in the first place for today. I appreciate it must be a minefield arranging fixtures with so many riders' commitments but fixture planning this year has been absolute gash. IMO its time to either race on one or two nights a week or for the league to only use riders who are fully committed and will only ever be absent due to injury.

Edited by Gordon Bennett
  • Like 4