British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
racers and royals

Wolverhampton V Swindon Monday 30th June

I Think Morris has been the biggest problem this year ..to me two seasons ago I really thought he was going to reach the top but over the last two seasons he just been treading water . This years team was build on him being a being a big improver and thou the new format makes it hard for him I think his form for Swindon and in Pl has been poor .

Think you are spot on there Orion. The Kid doesn't look like a third heat leader, he slips off too often and his bikes don't seem that good. I'd suggest his PL performances for Somerset underline this.

Edited by remembertheracers

Seeing how woeful the Wolves were last week, I imagine this would be a much closer affair with the Robins getting at least a point. But yet again, my predictability was way off. It seems the Robins performance was subdued and the Wolves bounced back with a vengeance.

Some on here have said about proper No.1's and that Swindon don't feel they are strong in that department. With the current state of our league racing, Both Killer and Batch are top riders and could easily fill a no.1 spot. They have the ability to beat any rival, Probably their mind-set needs addressing. and that's all about motivation.

But don't kid yourself they're not good enough, the showing in the SGP at the weekend proves they are.

Of course both are good enough - just ignore our resident troll.

• Like 1

Lets hope we can kick on and get some away points now and hopefully make the play offs.

Edited by fish keeper

The boys let you down then!

To be fair Porkie is great entertainment. WHERE IS OUR PORKIE????? :nono:

Unfortunately and he's not on his own judging by last nights crowd, it seems Porky has found something better to do on a Monday night.Someone who has been a fixture for as long as I can remember has now become a stranger (sounds familiar).I think the tipping point for Porky came when not even the kids could be bothered to join in with his 'dad dancing' after a Wolves 5-1.Judging by last night he made the right decision to stay away, only 1 pass to report in a pure gate and go night of racing,ironically on a perfect summers evening.In Porky's absence we Peter Yorke to look forward to,nothing against him but if this was the 80's his act would appear dated. Edited by New Science

Somebody mentioned that Swindon were subdued which was a very apt description. Their performance was very flat and at no stage did they ever look like mounting any sort of challenge. When your 3 heat leaders can only manage one win between them the defeat is inevitable. Kildemand looked off his game and Nick Morris again looked uncomfortable. I watched the Robins away from the Abbey quite a lot last season and have seen them 4 or 5 times on theit travels this year and have to say this was one of the most lacklustre performances I've seen in that time. I think Rosco has work to do if the Robins season is not going to peter out to nothing.

I Think Morris has been the biggest problem this year ..to me two seasons ago I really thought he was going to reach the top but over the last two seasons he just been treading water . This years team was build on him being a being a big improver and thou the new format makes it hard for him I think his form for Swindon and in Pl has been poor .

Morris deserved more points for effort last night. If Kildemand and Batch put in the same effort last night it could have been a lot closer.

Yes but how many years has Batch been riding in the EL. In my opinion Batch has not improved in the EL.

Have to agree actually. Batch was a one season wonder when he looked like he had made the breakthru. He seems a 7-8 point man at best.

Unfortunately and he's not on his own judging by last nights crowd, it seems Porky has found something better to do on a Monday night.Someone who has been a fixture for as long as I can remember has now become a stranger (sounds familiar).I think the tipping point for Porky came when not even the kids could be bothered to join in with his 'dad dancing' after a Wolves 5-1.Judging by last night he made the right decision to stay away, only 1 pass to report in a pure gate and go night of racing,ironically on a perfect summers evening.In Porky's absence we Peter Yorke to look forward to,nothing against him but if this was the 80's his act would appear dated.

It does seem odd that Porkie hasnt been seen for a few weeks now. Cant believe he has stopped doing the gig. Is he still doing Cradley on a Tuesday??

Porkie at least could get the crowd going. Yorke is a bumbler that nobody wants. He is actually ruining the atmosphere on a Monday night with his nonsense.

I must start a campaign to FIND OUR PORKIE! :t:

• Like 1