British Speedway Forum
Skodaman

Leicester Lions 2015

Sorry, good financial shape. This season was the best yet financially and attendance numbers. Take Note Robert) The FIM event was afinancial disaster witha loss of £7500 and DH will only accept another if it was right for the club.

There is always Sundays when there is a GP.

Couldn,t see Sundays being any good cos I think Jason rides in first division in Poland as do other gb riders which could weaken other sides visiting Leics and with so many uk based riders riding Poland its going to be hard to get guests to make up competitive teams on Sunday

Jason has worked his socks off at the Lions this season and there is no way he his going anywhere but back to e Lions next season, I hope.

• Like 2

Couldn,t see Sundays being any good cos I think Jason rides in first division in Poland as do other gb riders which could weaken other sides visiting Leics and with so many uk based riders riding Poland its going to be hard to get guests to make up competitive teams on Sunday

That would apply to Cook aswell as he is 'reportedly' all but signed. Lovl

Lions only ran 2 EL home meetings on GP weekends this season, so there is no reason why they couldn't sign Doyle or any other GP rider & still run mainly saturday meetings with the odd bank holiday monday fixture included, like they did this year. And with Eastbourne looking unlikely to run next season they will possibly be 2 less home fixtures to ride anyway. So while it is not ideal to run elite league racing every other week it wouldn't be much different to the season just gone.

That would apply to Cook aswell as he is 'reportedly' all but signed. Lovl

Sounds good already

Jason Doyle,Simon Stead and Craig Cook not bad for starters then

• Like 1

He ain't going to Swindon..........I'd forget that idea.

Funny that as Jason told someone he would like to return to Swindon recently & that isnt crap either.

Funny that as Jason told someone he would like to return to Swindon recently & that isnt crap either.

We can't have "in the know" comments like that on here! People get easily bored of that type of speculation. ;-)

• Like 1

We can't have "in the know" comments like that on here! People get easily bored of that type of speculation. ;-)

True, everyone thinks they have inside knowledge but are shown up badly when truth comes out.

Its always nice to see them disappear for a little time tho. :t:

• Like 1

Good............If that helps you sleep better under your " We Love The Robins" duvet cover I'm happy for you.

True, everyone thinks they have inside knowledge but are shown up badly when truth comes out.

Its always nice to see them disappear for a little time tho. :t:

If only there was a sarcasm flag on here.

Just hope that DH dosen't sign Bomber, the way he rode last night he would struggle on that form in the PL. He has his good days but more bad ones now than good. He would have been better not going into the GP's next year as he is a very sorry sight riding in them and he is only there to make up the numbers. Give the place to one of the younger up and coming riders.

I am sure that there are better choices out there for the Lions management to look at for next year.

To me the GP's and the other European leagues are calling the shots are far as riders coming to race over here. We are not the major league that we once where when it was a honour to race over here. With the Saturday race night, it makes it that any of the top Poles are stooped from signing over here, so that counts them out. Laguta would be bad or even have a shot at getting Emil,

Plus there seems to have been quite a few riders that have gone well around BP this year that is if they don't already have a team place.

But for all our speculation, I would think that if they want the riders to come to BP, then the offers will alreay have been put to them, all we can do is sit and wait and wait a little longer, because it seems to take the management for ever and a day to make any announcements, look how long it took this year.

The season had almost strted before they told us who the team would be..

Sounds good already

Jason Doyle,Simon Stead and Craig Cook not bad for starters then

That's our two doubling up riders sorted then. What about Klindt? I think he is still a snip on his 2014 average.

Edited by Happy Hunter

Just hope that DH dosen't sign Bomber, the way he rode last night he would struggle on that form in the PL. He has his good days but more bad ones now than good. He would have been better not going into the GP's next year as he is a very sorry sight riding in them and he is only there to make up the numbers. Give the place to one of the younger up and coming riders.

I am sure that there are better choices out there for the Lions management to look at for next year.

To me the GP's and the other European leagues are calling the shots are far as riders coming to race over here. We are not the major league that we once where when it was a honour to race over here. With the Saturday race night, it makes it that any of the top Poles are stooped from signing over here, so that counts them out. Laguta would be bad or even have a shot at getting Emil,

Plus there seems to have been quite a few riders that have gone well around BP this year that is if they don't already have a team place.

But for all our speculation, I would think that if they want the riders to come to BP, then the offers will alreay have been put to them, all we can do is sit and wait and wait a little longer, because it seems to take the management for ever and a day to make any announcements, look how long it took this year.

The season had almost strted before they told us who the team would be..

Could that be because they did not know!

That's just the point. Someone telling someone is hardly 'in the know' is it?