British Speedway Forum

I could be wromg but I think Chris was a promoter at IOW as well as Team Manager. Would be good continuity.

• Like 1

If Jack Kingston and Marc Owen will be riding for Lakeside in the National Trophy only, surely they will be available to ride for someone in the National league, and with Kent being local, maybe an option should Ben Morley leave?

I could be wromg but I think Chris was a promoter at IOW as well as Team Manager. Would be good continuity.

That would be good and make sense as well.

But this is Speedway ?

p,s,

Just noticed 1,000 posts up - I shall go have a celebration drink.

Edited by AJ is King

Chris Hunt's availability may be an issue, surely he would be a very good asset for the Kings as last season he had very little to do with the team on race nights. A later start time would help in attracting him on a permanent basis. Jack is most unlikely to return as things stand. Marc would be a good signing for the club. Regards David, he needs to be retained, whether he rides or not, as his knowledge is invaluable to the other riders. A possible future team manager?

Chris Hunt's availability may be an issue, surely he would be a very good asset for the Kings as last season he had very little to do with the team on race nights. A later start time would help in attracting him on a permanent basis. Jack is most unlikely to return as things stand. Marc would be a good signing for the club. Regards David, he needs to be retained, whether he rides or not, as his knowledge is invaluable to the other riders. A possible future team manager?

As I say would love for David Mason to stay involved with the kings just not as a rider. The only "magic" about many of his meetings in 2014 was he seemed to do a disappearing act mid meeting.

With stories suggesting that Lakeside will only enter the trophy this season the biggest thing stopping Jack Kingston riding for us would be his work not wanting him to ride Monday nights. If lakeside don't enter the league and we got hold off Jack, and Marc Owen. I imagine fans favorites Ayres, Kingston, and Owen would certainly boost gate receipts!

• Like 2

As I say would love for David Mason to stay involved with the kings just not as a rider. The only "magic" about many of his meetings in 2014 was he seemed to do a disappearing act mid meeting.

With stories suggesting that Lakeside will only enter the trophy this season the biggest thing stopping Jack Kingston riding for us would be his work not wanting him to ride Monday nights. If lakeside don't enter the league and we got hold off Jack, and Marc Owen. I imagine fans favorites Ayres, Kingston, and Owen would certainly boost gate receipts!

Agree wholeheartedly, however, most unlikely to occur/

I remember getting frustrated this time last year because of lack of news. I assume they are waiting for news of limits next week before confirming anything. As already stated Danny Boy has confirmed himself for next year. Think striking it lucky with good 3 pointers this year will be the key to who comes out on top. Think whoever gets Ellis Perks will be in for a good season.

Delay of rider news is down to the ridiculously late National League A.G.M,as usual.... So dont speculate on any rider going any where till then...

Edited by waco

Wait until Tuesday 9th December for the N.L. A.G.M.

Avoid speculation. All Kent Kings happenings as they occur will appear on the excellent website at http://www.kentkings.co/

Sadly not as good as the 2013 version though.

• Like 1

Sadly not as good as the 2013 version though.

Completely disagree the website is far better now, the 2013 looked amateurish and unloved. The current website is very smart and easy to use

• Like 1

Completely disagree the website is far better now, the 2013 looked amateurish and unloved. The current website is very smart and easy to use

I would be more concerned with the future than the past if I was you....

The 2013 website was run by a professional web design company (as is the current one) and ran from before the club turned a wheel.

It had photos all through the lead up to the first season and was updated almost daily. Unloved? I dont think so...

It contributed to ensuring major sponsorship deals that the 2014 operation could only dream about.

I applaud your unwaiving devotion to the promotion as has been seen by your "estimates" of crowds in 2014 on the updates site.

From the large amount of correspondence I received after 2013 and well into 2014 I would also suggest that you are very much in the minority when it comes to peoples thoughts that 2014 was better "off track" than on track.

However, as always, I wish the Kent Kings fans nothing but my best and hope the team continue on their upward spiral.