British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
peterborough daz

Peterborough Panthers V Ipswich Witches -12/06/2015

Shouldn't have organised a meeting during SWC week perhaps? Particularly a local derby.

• Like 2

Shouldn't have organised a meeting during SWC week perhaps? Particularly a local derby.

What alot of fans from both sides have said all week totally bonkers of both promotions to even consider staging this meeting tonight , yet again speedway is struggling to get away from its mickey mouse sport tag .

• Like 2

That's only relevant if Team GB made the final. His week finished on Thursday evening and bearing in mind that riders ride all over the place on consecutive days then the bikes argument is one of the weakest to use.

Anyway, what are the sides for tonight? It'd be nice to know, although I think only King is a don't know?

At a guess:

1. Brady Kurtz (G)

2. Michael Palm Toft

3. Ulrich Ostergaard

4. Matez Kus (G)

5. r/r

6. Oliver Greenwood

7. Simon Lambert

1. Danny King

2. Gino Manzares

3. Nico Covatti

4. Cameron Heeps

5. Rohan Tungate

6. Stefan Nielsen

7. Ritchie Hawkins

Edited by Crump99
  • Like 1

Anyway, what are the sides for tonight? It'd be nice to know, although I think only King is a don't know?

King is riding according to Ipswich's website...

http://www.ipswichwitches.co/index.php/news-centre/966-diamonds-take-the-win-at-foxhall

it makes it even more galling that R.Lambert will be missing

Edited by PE7Panther
  • Like 1

Good news if King is going to be there but still giving it a miss still rather fed up at the Witches performance last night .

Hoping that i regret it later and the Witches put some effort into it tonight but right now i don't think that will happen

• Like 2

Perhaps Danny has more bikes?

Allegedly, that'd need a Kings Lynn hand for the count then if he has more than Lambert?

• Like 2

Panthers aiming for a happy 45th anniversary

1568261822.jpg

Panthers star Robert Lambert misses the meeting with Ipswich after scoring eight points for GB in a World Cup qualifier.

Peterborough Panthers promoter Ged Rathbone has called for a special performance to mark a special occasion tonight (June 12).

His unbeaten city racers entertain East Anglian rivals Ipswich in a Premier League clash at the East of England Showground (7.30pm) – 45 years to the day of their first-ever home meeting.

It was on June 12, 1970 that Panthers took to their own shale for the first time when thumping the Rayleigh Rockets 51-27 in British League Division Two in front of a crowd reported as being in excess of 2,000 fans.

It is safe to assume the current bunch of riders would settle for a similarly emphatic outcome tonight as that managed by the side of Pete Seaton, Richard Greer, Andy Ross, Brian Davies, Pete Saunders, John Stayte and Mervyn Hill on opening night all those years ago.

Rathbone, who masterminded the club’s successful survival bid last winter, said: “This is a club with a long and proud history as a 45th anniversary highlights.

“The original Peterborough team started off with a home win all those years ago and we need to mark the occasion by picking up a good result of our own.

“I would happily the same sort of victory the 1970 team managed and I would certainly love to see a crowd of that size turn out as well!

“Our own attendances have been pleasing so far and we have certainly been giving the supporters some great entertainment.

“The racing has been outstanding for most of the season and that is why we could not just sit back and watch such a great track and top facilities potentially be lost for good.

“We have said all along though that this was not just about surviving. We need to secure the long-term future of the club and we also need to be successful.

“That means challenging for trophies and I feel we have a team to do that this season despite the injury problems we’ve had.”

They have flared up again ahead of tonight’s clash with Lewis Blackbird losing his race to be fit after a heavy crash on May Bank Holiday Monday.

He is still being troubled by back pain after a spill in which he also suffered a couple of broken figures.

Panthers have drafted in Redcar racer Matej Kus as a guest and the absence of teenage star Robert Lambert is likely to prove a bigger blow.

Club chiefs were expecting the 17 year-old to be available after Great Britain bowed out of the World Cup at the Race-Off stage last night (Thursday).

But Lambert has told them he does not have sufficient time to travel back from Vojens in Denmark where he scored a highly creditable eight points as the Brits were pipped to victory by Poland.

However, it is understood that two Ipswich riders involved in the same meeting – Danny King of Great Britain and American ace Gino Manzares – will make it back to line up for the Witches. :nono:

Ipswich were tipped up as likely title-winners ahead of the campaign, but they have made an indifferent start to the league season. They lost at home to Newcastle last night when without King and Manzares.

Expected teams:

Panthers: Brady Kurtz (guest), Rider replacement for Robert Lambert, Matej Kus (guest), Michael Palm Toft, Ulrich Ostergaard, Oliver Greenwood, Simon Lambert.

Ipswich: Danny King, Gino Manzares, Nico Covatti, Rider replacement for Cameron Heeps, Rohan Tungate, Stefan Nielsen, Ritchie Hawkins.

Edited by Flyin Panther

Is there anyone going to this meeting who would be able to text updates to the Updates site? If so, could you please send me a private message including your mobile number.

Thanks

Perhaps Danny has more bikes?

or more commitment to his team.......

Good on our boys for getting back. Win or lose at least it will be the Witches that got the result and not some select team.

Just need Brady and Kus to ride like Cook did last night for us and we might have a sniff!!

or more commitment to his team.......

Good on our boys for getting back. Win or lose at least it will be the Witches that got the result and not some select team.

Just need Brady and Kus to ride like Cook did last night for us and we might have a sniff!!

We've got 2 injured riders and someone we wanted to ride ride but chooses to fart in our general direction. Rathbone said: " we can only do so much with the rules we have to work with" - what alternative do you suggest to solve the Panthers Select problem?

Good news if King is going to be there but still giving it a miss still rather fed up at the Witches performance last night .

Hoping that i regret it later and the Witches put some effort into it tonight but right now i don't think that will happen

My sentiments entirely.